Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Waterpistols

StevieH

as a departure from the best burger / sausage / fried egg / chili dog threads, any ideas who sells the best waterpistols in chiang mai? or are they much of a muchness? i'm after something with very high pressure, a large reservoir to negate too regular refills, an optional grenade / water ballook launcher and ideally a laser sighting capability and infa-red night vision scope. any suggestions?

I bought one yesterday, here:

post-64232-1239342349_thumb.png

(Very congested area, obviously..)

They had about 5 left then of the good ones. (500 baht)

I assume you recognize the good ones when you see them?

I also see them on Songkran days themselves sold by a guy on Kotchasarn road very close to Thapae gate. (A little bit up from where Thapae Road ends at the Gate, up Kotchasarn.)

Make sure you prep it a little before battle; I usually put strong tape around it and some strong glue or silicon gel around certain parts to keep bits from falling off, particularly that bright red cylindrical bit of plastic where the pump shaft sticks out; that tends to get loose.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

pesky double-posting. delete one please mods? ta.

Why not delete both. I thought the high powered units were banned.

Jeepers Batman, why not go find a friendly tourist police volunteer and inform him!

And you're one of the 'old hand non-wussies', pining for the Kamphaeng Din days.. Well in those days nobody tried to regulate anything relating to Songkran (or life in general for that matter)..

Seriously though, I'm not sure they're THAT high powered though. Indeed I wouldn't shoot kids or women in the face with them, but it doesn't really compare to being hit by a bucket load. :o

( And if it's any consolation, I also carry one of those tiny silver Thai cups with a trickle of water and scented jasmine floating innit, for the tender & respectful episodes.. There's times for shock & awe, and there's times to be friendly and respectful.. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

pesky double-posting. delete one please mods? ta.

Why not delete both. I thought the high powered units were banned.

wasn't being entirely serious as it goes mate. isn't songkran supposed to be fun by the way?

I bought one yesterday, here:

post-64232-1239342349_thumb.png

(Very congested area, obviously..)

They had about 5 left then of the good ones. (500 baht)

I assume you recognize the good ones when you see them?

I also see them on Songkran days themselves sold by a guy on Kotchasarn road very close to Thapae gate. (A little bit up from where Thapae Road ends at the Gate, up Kotchasarn.)

Make sure you prep it a little before battle; I usually put strong tape around it and some strong glue or silicon gel around certain parts to keep bits from falling off, particularly that bright red cylindrical bit of plastic where the pump shaft sticks out; that tends to get loose.

now that's what i'm talking about. ordnance. water-based shock and awe.

Why stop at high pressure water guns? Why not just use air guns and lead pellets? Or, for that matter, why not REAL guns, spears, bows and arrows, etc? Who actually cares what happens to the victims of other people's excessive behaviour? :o

Is everyone collecting big jugs of their own urine for all the fun?

Fun, but hi-pressure isn't optimal for the spirit. It's always the Farang who go ape-$hit n think it's Rambo time. Had a guy squirting me in the eyes a cpl yrs ago with a reservoir tank. Had he not screwed up my contacts n caused me some temporary loss of vision n pain I would have jumped down from the truck n started something. Total ferking idiot. Spray me with cold water, lots of water, strong water, but don't try to take me out. That's not the spirit.

For myself, I'll have a 10 B bucket n a long piece of cheuak so I can just toss it back down into the moat for all-I-can-throw refills. Easy, fun, and can be done softly or thrown for distance too.

Why stop at high pressure water guns? Why not just use air guns and lead pellets? Or, for that matter, why not REAL guns, spears, bows and arrows, etc?

Don't be silly gramps. Have you been here for Songkran..? Especially a bit away from Thapae Gate? It's really fun and a good natured party. Plus you get to poor ice water on girls nipples so honestly I'd say there's a lot to like.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Fun, but hi-pressure isn't optimal for the spirit. It's always the Farang who go ape-$hit n think it's Rambo time. Had a guy squirting me in the eyes a cpl yrs ago with a reservoir tank. Had he not screwed up my contacts n caused me some temporary loss of vision n pain I would have jumped down from the truck n started something. Total ferking idiot. Spray me with cold water, lots of water, strong water, but don't try to take me out. That's not the spirit.

For myself, I'll have a 10 B bucket n a long piece of cheuak so I can just toss it back down into the moat for all-I-can-throw refills. Easy, fun, and can be done softly or thrown for distance too.

Agreed. Some foreigners especially completely don't get 'moderation'... If it's a young fit 20-something going all out then sure hit him with all you got. A granny however trying to sell some meat balls or whatever please leave the fck alone.. It should be simple really.

I guess this is why a party like this would end up in TOTAL mayem, fights and rioting in any Western country.. Here there may be the occasional incident but by and large most Thais know you shouldn't hit a 4 year old with a full bucket of water; you just scoop a bit out in his general direction.. To me it's almost a reason to avoid the Thapae area, but then again that's where all the bars are. So I avoid that area some of the time.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Why stop at high pressure water guns? Why not just use air guns and lead pellets? Or, for that matter, why not REAL guns, spears, bows and arrows, etc?

Don't be silly gramps. Have you been here for Songkran..? Especially a bit away from Thapae Gate? It's really fun and a good natured party. Plus you get to poor ice water on girls nipples so honestly I'd say there's a lot to like.

Just poking fun at you young-ns, Winnie. I'll be fishing with friends this easter weekend. In fact once I get some more paper work done (it's tax time) I'll be fishing pretty much every other day for the next few months.

Oh, and how do you find the girls nipples under all that extra padding? :o

Just poking fun at you young-ns, Winnie. I'll be fishing with friends this easter weekend. In fact once I get some more paper work done (it's tax time) I'll be fishing pretty much every other day for the next few months.

Oh, and how do you find the girls nipples under all that extra padding? :o

Hard as a rock. :D

The high pressure guns are not for blasting someone in the eye. They are for getting someone who is making faces at you on the other side of the street.

Right! At distance it just arrives with the force and power of rain, basically.

And you'd use it for getting back at people who just blasted you in the eyes. :o

Anyone know where i can rent this truck for one day ?

protest,0.jpg

Man that's cool..

Re-loading from the tap would take a while though. :o That's always the issue in battle: Logistics & resupply! I'd much prefer those PVC tubes but the thing with those is that you need to be near a water supply at all times to reload. Soaker guns are a bitch to reload as you have to submerge them in enough water. But then once loaded you can move around for a bit. You need a balanced arsenal.

I think I got your truck beaten though:

Plane1_small2.gif

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Agreed ... Please don't anyone spray or get sprayed in the face by these high-pressure GUNS

I'm going to be interested in reading all the results AFTER songkran this year. I wonder how many serious casualties there will be? Maybe none? It could be that all the worry is much about nothing.

However...

Two years ago during the November Loi Katong festival I got hit in the head by a rocket while riding my motorcycle. Fortunately I was wearing a helmet and I managed to miss the person in front of me when I was knocked off course. I forget the number of people who lost portions of their hands and loss of sight during that "fun" day.

I'm going to be interested in reading all the results AFTER songkran this year. I wonder how many serious casualties there will be? Maybe none? It could be that all the worry is much about nothing.

Well, there will be LOADS of traffic casualties primarily caused by drunk driving, as well as having the whole country on the road at the same time for holidays or visits home. Newspapers usually keep track of it in daily stats. Expect about 500-800 dead over the whole period.

Directly related to the water fun I'm sure there will be a good number of cuts and broozes (from falling and bumping into things; it gets slippery), people falling off motorcycles and so on. A couple years ago in the Thapae area near the bars I joined into those things where people line up on opposite sides of the road and then do 'raids' into the 'enemy' lines on the other side. Young 20-something year olds. I VERY NEARLY got smacked with a bucket (unintentionally, the guy was just hurling it not even at me), but it was at full force and wooshed just past my hear.. Would have knocked me out stone cold I think. So that made me think twice about those. I also try to avoid wild running on slippery roads.. Cut my foot once several years before that one, and that also cuts short the celebrations.. So by and large I'm older, wiser and more careful now.

Still, it's not without risk, but like you said in another post on riding a motorcycle in shorts and sandals: living the good life just isn't without risks. I think every country is allowed to have it's own 'weird and definitely irresponsible' festival. Runnign with the bulls and all that.

Two years ago during the November Loi Katong festival I got hit in the head by a rocket while riding my motorcycle. Fortunately I was wearing a helmet and I managed to miss the person in front of me when I was knocked off course. I forget the number of people who lost portions of their hands and loss of sight during that "fun" day.

Right. I really, REALLY dislike the fireworks during Loi Krathong. Completely ruins the festival in the central part of town near the river. Now there's one I actively stay home for. (Or, find a place very low key in the boonies)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Years ago, Loi Krathong was really dangerous all over town. Some Thais thought that it was funny to throw HUGE firecrackers at farang's feet and shoot rockets straight down the street. It is much better now (if you avoid the river).

Edited by Ulysses G.