Assume Chiang Mai Immigration Closed Today ?

orang37

Sawasdee Khrup,

There is another thread here on TV on this :

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Friday-10-Ap...ay-t255999.html

And I do assume that Immigration here in Chiang Mai is closed.

But, on the off chance, that someone here has first-hand information that, given this is "Amazing Thailand," the office just might not be closed ...

My working assumption, right now, is that Chiang Mai immigration will be closed until the 16th. Any update on this ?

thanks, ~o:37;

Man am I lucky. I waited till the last min to buy my bus tix for a visa run n yesterday all the VIP Mae Sai tix were gone when I went to get mine, so I shifted till just after Songkran. I still have time, 'till like 3 days after it ends, but wanted to just have done with b4 the madness begins.

But man, The RTD would have not been amused to arrive at Mae Sai, say, and find that there is no crossing over, or visa stamping going on. Waste of a complete day and 1000B for those travelers who have gone. And then perhaps late visa fees. Oh my, the chaos of politics here.

Unless, mercifully somehow, the border post is still open. Appreciate any updates from anyone with first hand experience.

Providing you have a proper legal visa and are not doing the border run thing, if immigration is closed for the holiday they will not hold it against you providing you go the first day they reopen. If you are on a tourist exemption (which is not a visa of any kind) they may well ask you to leave the country.