State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

The main thing to concentrate on now going forward is the fact that the PM disgraced the country by saying the ASEAN Summit could go ahead and it was a test of his ability to control............

That is going to haunt him forever.

And then the inability to prevent all the violence in Pattaya by not reigning in the Blue shirts, and then the inability to stop the violence in Bangkok, then giving orders for the Military to use excessive force.

A whole comedy of errors that he will have to face, should be be PM at the next government meeting. If he has an ounce of good in him he would resign once the SOE is lifted. He can say he managed it and its over, and then resign as he is accountable for so many bad things that have happened, as he is the PM of the country.

I'm sure that you hope that, but the main thing the Thai people are going to focus on is that the reds have started injuring common Thai people, and are the ones using excessive force. You can't try to distract us with minor news from so long ago.

(I'm not going to even start to debate that the ASEAN disruption was obviously the fault of the reds. dam_n I shouldn't even bother giving Levelhead this level of attention, he/she is obviously just a troll, I can't see Levelhead actually believing what he/she is saying...)

What did I read? 3,000 baht per day as a recruiter? I am sure a lot of commenting can be done for profit at 3k per day.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the end picture on AJE.

A solidier pulling a woman along the ground by her hair.

He just kept on pulling her and ripping her hair and dragging her along on the ground, while she screamed. Only when someone else intervened did he stop.

His face is on camera, action must be taken.

This is the kind of thing that will divide Thailand, unrequired sheer brutality by the government and its cronies against civilians.

I hope AJE keep showing that, thats the kind of thing people need to see to get a balance view of why the Reds are so angry at the moment, after being incited into violence by the Blue Shirts to start with.

Need to get that clip put on YouTube. Your friendly woman beating, hair pulling Thai army solidier who picks on a woman standing doing nothing and grabs her hair and drags her along the floor.

What an embaressment.

Levelhead, i am sure you are a nice guy and have all the right to support whoever you like. But you really need to sit back and try to use your own brain to analyze all the facts(thats if you capable of actually doing that)

Try to use your own brain and not what your mighty leader tells you as he obviously does not care about you or any other people with little brain wearing red shirts. All he and he "friends" want is to return to power, so he can his money back and continue to rob people and country.

How may die or get injured is last in his list of worry, he only cares about his own ass.

UDD leader on AJE saying the violence is all due to Newin/Suthep/Abhisit and their plan to use "Blue Shirts".

This started the trouble in Pattaya and its rolled over.

Saying blood is all over Abhisits hands now, and he must resign.

levelhead-its over, the tides turn against your man

thickskin was battered by the interviewers on BBC and CNN

he came over as a bumbling old fool

the only way he is coming back to Thailand is in a box.

Whats over ? The ideal of the Reds was to get rid of Abhisit.

He now has to take the blame for the humiliation of the ASEAN Summit. Oppostions MP's will rip him to pieces.

He now has to take the blame for all the violence in Bangkok, he was the PM, he is responsible. Opposition MP's will rip him to pieces.

The Reds protest is one thing, like the Yellows, but the PPP was dissolved by the court, not the Yellow. Abhisit will be got rid of by the Opposition, not the Reds.

You don't seem to know much about politics or Thailand. What politicians are very good at, is gauging which way the wind is blowing. When the wind is at their back they make a lot of noise and have the possibility to affect change. Thai politicians especially are so gutless, even when compensated, that they will wait to fight another day, or better yet, switch sides.

The reds have attacked the army, the prime ministers (car), a police station, and threatened to burn civilians in a block of flats. Its got to be game over for them - surely they can't have any credibility now and dont have any reasonable grounds to expect the army not to use force against them.

The main thing to concentrate on now going forward is the fact that the PM disgraced the country by saying the ASEAN Summit could go ahead and it was a test of his ability to control............

I for one wont forget his tight lipped smile, and nervous reassurance.

who is going to take him seriously now ?

security was his responsibility not Newins,

newin is an ass kissing incompetent bungling fool

What does that say about Thaksin, who had him around for over a decade? Poor judge of character? lol

And then the inability to prevent all the violence in Pattaya by not reigning in the Blue shirts, and then the inability to stop the violence in Bangkok, then giving orders for the Military to use excessive force.

A whole comedy of errors that he will have to face, should be be PM at the next government meeting. If he has an ounce of good in him he would resign once the SOE is lifted. He can say he managed it and its over, and then resign as he is accountable for so many bad things that have happened, as he is the PM of the country.

Hey man, get real. It's like dogs barking at the tree! The dogs are barking but the caravan is moving, you are in the position of the dogs. No offense, just comparison.

Sorry, but you appear to be quite backwards.

Politics is a multi-facted thing, all politicians are liars, and politicians never hate each other. Its all a "game" to these people.

The game has been played and Abhisit has been humiliated, and he as PM has allowed Thailand to be humiliated.

If you are the CEO of a company, and the company goes to the pan while you were CEO, but due to some other people WELL YOU AS CEO TAKE THE FALL.

Abhisit here will take the fall, thats for sure.

This is just another phase of the ongoing problems ending, there have been many phases ever since 2006, and there will be many more.

This is not any end game, and now the politicians start to work again, after the demonstrators finish.

Is it possible that Abhisit, et al let Thaksin walk into this? It's clearly Thaksin that shamed Thailand, if that's how it's perceived with the ASEAN demos, and now he's trounced and ousted by an army firing blanks, all the while exhorting his supporters to what could have been utter suicide.

Abhisit said four days, the army delivered, and bloodlessly, in one. Superb!

HG

He just kept on pulling her and ripping her hair and dragging her along on the ground, while she screamed. Only when someone else intervened did he stop.

This is the kind of thing that will divide Thailand, unrequired sheer brutality by the government and its cronies against civilians.

I hope AJE keep showing that, thats the kind of thing people need to see to get a balance view of why the Reds are so angry at the moment, after being incited into violence by the Blue Shirts to start with.

Need to get that clip put on YouTube. Your friendly woman beating, hair pulling Thai army solidier who picks on a woman standing doing nothing and grabs her hair and drags her along the floor.

What an embaressment.

It wasn't a soldier. It was an angry citizen who lives in the area where the reds are demonstrating. PLEASE get your facts right. The normal people of Bangkok are getting angry at the reds behaviour. They are putting normal peoples lives at risk. e.g moving LPG gas wagons into private living areas.

You see what u want to see, what was she doing 5 minutes before the cameras were rolling, how do you know she had not just shot or killed someone or attempted to ignite a gas wagon?, the answer is you dont know the full story.

that with the hair grabbing and dragging the woman ....

it showed what she was doing - shouting abuse at the others. that was it.

then, in domestic violence style some thug man handled her....

she didnt kill anyone.... she was being abusive.

they released her after humiliating her.

pretty obvious what happened.

Level Head is right. This footage will enrage the reds.

disgusting behaviour. I hate to see someone treat a woman like that

Edited by mc2

I agree Abhisit seemed to be a lot professional than Thaksin in the two interview. Anwswered question confidently and directly unlike Thaksin. Also his first concern was law and order and to minimize loss of life. Thaksin is clearly behind all this

100 % exact but, too bad, the job is not to speak well with farang journalist. PM job is tough and Abhisit is not born for That.

Hey man, get real. It's like dogs barking at the tree! The dogs are barking but the caravan is moving, you are in the position of the dogs. No offense, just comparison.

Politics is a multi-facted thing, all politicians are liars, and politicians never hate each other. Its all a "game" to these people.

This is just another phase of the ongoing problems ending, there have been many phases ever since 2006, and there will be many more.

This is not any end game, and now the politicians start to work again, after the demonstrators finish.

I might agree with the statement above, but why on earth are you supporting the reds so hard????

Edited by Thunder26

Both you and LH keep saying that it's a shame for thailand and abhisit for what happened in pattaya. Does that mean you both agree that the army should have put down the red protesters before they were able to influence the ASEAN? You can't call invading the ASEAN and victory and a shame, since to avoid the latter you cannot have the former. So which is it ?

I believe it was a shame for thailand, IMHO the reds should have been put down when they threatend to stop the summit.

UDD leader on AJE saying the violence is all due to Newin/Suthep/Abhisit and their plan to use "Blue Shirts".

This started the trouble in Pattaya and its rolled over.

Saying blood is all over Abhisits hands now, and he must resign.

LOL..... Actually. Thanks for that

I have just seen another interview of Thaksin by a female news anchor. Unbelievable is all I can say.

The newswoman tried to give him a hard time and his body language spoke volumes. Having been asked direct questions, Thaksin has just stated on live news.

He wants the fighting to stop

The reason for aggression is only because the soldiers are firing live bullets into the crowd.

There have been many many deaths of innocent Thai people

He says all the red shirts are protesting for is a true democracy

If the soldiers had not started firing there would be no trouble

The protesters are not armed, they may have sticks and stones

He is loyal to the king

He did not ask for revolution

He does not direct the red shirts what to do, he just gives them moral support

Under no circumstances is he giving them any money

The red shirts are there because they want to be, nobody is getting paid

All the media has been closed down and the truth is not getting out of Thailand, the people are being oppressed by a military government

He will be coming back

Well frankly I don't know how he has the neck. The BBC reporter saw straight through him. He is a complete utter lying bar steward. Where will it all end?

You see what u want to see, what was she doing 5 minutes before the cameras were rolling, how do you know she had not just shot or killed someone or attempted to ignite a gas wagon?, the answer is you dont know the full story.

Your right I hate to see women being abusive too!!!

Both you and LH keep saying that it's a shame for thailand and abhisit for what happened in pattaya. Does that mean you both agree that the army should have put down the red protesters before they were able to influence the ASEAN? You can't call invading the ASEAN and victory and a shame, since to avoid the latter you cannot have the former. So which is it ?

I believe it was a shame for thailand, IMHO the reds should have been put down when they threatend to stop the summit.

Abhisit should have changed the location

or conceeded some of the demands of the reds

or prevented in some other way without bloodshed.

he failed and embarrassed the nation.

where was plan B ? where was his foresight ?

Your right I hate to see women being abusive too!!!

Welcome to Thailand...

There were some really good questions in that Al Jazeera interview (

).

Q: So, you and your supporters are not occupying any govt offices now?

A: No, not at the moment, but we might, for our safety, move in, retreat inside the government house

Q: For your safety you could retreat to your homes rather than taking over goverment buildings, how about that?

Priceless

And then later on the Red spokesman proposed Chatiron Chaisaeng to become the PM after Abhisit resigns, which immediately prompted the quesion - how's replacing current, unqualidied Prime Minister with someone appointed by you and equally unqualified, can solve any problems?

Then the spokesman started talking about House dissolution and elections and that Abhisit can win and be accepted. The interviewer asked to confirm that idea - if Abhisit wins the elections under current consitution you are going to accept that? No, the current constution is from the military, we must revert back to 1997 people constiution bla bla bla.

There were no scense of soldiers pulling women by the hair that I saw. The footage shown was rather damaging to the red cause instead.

On the BBC did you see the solidier kick the red shirt (who was in handcuffs and being led away) in the head.

I think kicking someone in the head, who is in handcuffs and being taken off by two solidiers, by a unformed solidier breaks a few moral rules.

The Thai Army are showing their bad side to the world here. This is very bad for Thailand and is a shame and a stain.

Men in uniform are supposed to act with restraint, not kick already handcuffed people in the head.