Ok......

My girlfriend has filled out all the application forms herself,we have all documentation asked for,plus as much more as we can give to hopefully get a tourist visa for her to go to the uk.

I have been living in thailand for 5 years,we have been living together for 3 years.

After speaking to the embassy office,they told us to come to bangkok to hand in the application.So then what?

We were told to hand in the application,and then basically wait,we are living in phuket,so is it really a case of fly to bangkok,hand in application,fly back,wait to be contacted?

PST.

My girlfriend has filled out all the application forms herself,we have all documentation asked for,plus as much more as we can give to hopefully get a tourist visa for her to go to the uk.

I have been living in thailand for 5 years,we have been living together for 3 years.

After speaking to the embassy office,they told us to come to bangkok to hand in the application.So then what?

We were told to hand in the application,and then basically wait,we are living in phuket,so is it really a case of fly to bangkok,hand in application,fly back,wait to be contacted?

PST.

Basically, yes. Enquire about having the passport and supporting documentation couriered back to you to save you a trip back to Bangkok to pick up the passport. Not sure if they still do this, or if they do it to phuket, but you will have to ask for it and pay on application.

Thanks mate for your response,will they contact my GF by email,or telephone?

PST.

There is a website were you casn check on the progress of the application, or you can register for their text service. Basically you'll only have 2 real statuses, they've passed it to the UK embassy and they've got it back. The only way you will actually find out the result is by opening the envelope. Neither the embassy or vfs will tell you the result over the phone.

Thanks for all the replies,much appreciated.One further question,will they need to see/speak to me? due to circumstances my gf may have to fly to bangkok alone and hand the application in.

PST.

Thanks for all the replies,much appreciated.One further question,will they need to see/speak to me? due to circumstances my gf may have to fly to bangkok alone and hand the application in.

PST.

No, if they ever called her for an interview, it would be solely to ask her questions. This is effectively her application and nothing to do with you, although you have obviously supplied her with supporting evidence.

Edited by CharlieB

• 2 weeks later...

If my GF'S tourist visa is accepted,would she have to fly direct from bangkok to london,or is stopping in the middle east dubai,abu dhabi etc ok?

PST.

It does not have to be a non stop or direct flight, If she needs to transit through another airport it would not be a problem. The only way it would be a problem would be if she had to enter the country she stops in. Then she might need a visa for that country.

A tourist visa is for tourists who might start out a trip from anywhere and make many stops along the way before they get to where the visa is issued for. As long as the visa is valid it would never be a problem.

Refused,can't think why,all paperwork asked for was given,any suggestions as to why?,it was only a tourist visa.

Not a major headache,as i will be flying back again in august,so hopefully she will be able to come then.

How long is it before she can appeal?

PST.

Refused,can't think why,all paperwork asked for was given,any suggestions as to why?,it was only a tourist visa.

Not a major headache,as i will be flying back again in august,so hopefully she will be able to come then.

How long is it before she can appeal?

PST.

First she will have been given a letter stating why the visa was refused , so get her to read it to you or better still fax it to you . Then you will know.

Next she will only succeed next time if you address all the refusal points. So it could be a major headache if they are unaddressable.

Third you can't appeal a tourist visa refusal.

Sorry

Since i posted,obviously i have now spoken to her,and she has told me why,the refusal point won't be a problem to rectify,would have been better if i knew in advance that it was needed,and i presume the visa would have been granted.

Let's try again.

Thanks for all the helpful info.

PST.

Since i posted,obviously i have now spoken to her,and she has told me why,the refusal point won't be a problem to rectify,would have been better if i knew in advance that it was needed,and i presume the visa would have been granted.

Let's try again.

Thanks for all the helpful info.

PST.

When you re-apply,make sure you apply for a "Family visit" visa.On the front page of the application form you tick a box to indicate which type you are applying for.I am not sure of the exact wording of the definition,but if "you have been living together as a married couple,or in a relationship akin to marriage,for a period of at least two years in the three years immediately preceding the application date" you are regarded as "family" for the purposes of the application by your girlfriend,if she is travelling to the UK either to visit you,or with you.The great advantage of this type of visa is that if it is refused,there IS a right of appeal.You have to be able to prove the relationship,and of course,cover whatever the reason for refusal originally was as well. Good luck