Who Thinks Thaksin Is Coming Back

wasabi

Thaksin coming back?  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

By the way choice 2. He will come back and go to jail was meant he'll come back of his own volition thinking he will be the leader but actually will be sent to jail. I should have added an extradition choice but that's not what I meant by the 2nd choice though perhaps you could interpret it that way to give the poll full breadth.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

What exactly did he do wrong? did he not pay his Tax ? What has he done SO wrong to make so many people hate him so much? I am dying to know if his wrongdoings overpower his good ideas and things that would not be here now but for him.

I'll speak from personal experience as a rice exporter. He started having the govt. buy up all the rice it could get its hands on from the farmers at about 40-50% higher than the standard rates and storing vast quantities of it in poorly maintained govt warehouses until it could be auctioned off. Only a select few (ie his cronies and family companies) would ever win these acutions even though they bidded lower than what the govt paied for them. So basicialy he used tax payer money to give cheap rice to his exporter buddies and drive legitiamate exporters to Vietnam were the rice is on average between $140-165 cheaper per Ton.

And thats just the tip of the iceberg of Cocksin's corruption. He's got a laundry list of simmilar scams and rip offs where he steals money from the govt to his benifiet and thouse of his friends and family.

This is the information I want. What did Thaskin ACTUALLY do? No rumors or what us farang think he did..."He killed untold numbers in the drug wars". If you don't know for certain that shut it. I want he has been proven to do. Events backed up by facts. No emotional tantrums involved please.

The people who illegally removed him from power control everything. Only an idiot would surrender to them. :D

if he came back regardless of the consequences, do you think he would be thought better of or worse of?

Ask General Suchinda. :o

actually the question was directed as you but like your mentor getting a straight answer is difficult.....

Thailand has requested that interpol track him down. If he comes back, it will be for criminal prosecution.

Now that Toxin has lost so much influence, money, power and the ability to buy votes in the North and NE areas, I suspect the Established powers will intensify their hunt to bring him back to Thailand and put him behind bars for good. The guy then couldn't try to stir trouble from abroad any more nor could he pose a threat once back in Thailand and in chains. Thaksin is indeed a man without a country. Worse, a man without money. Thaksin has ceased to be a player.

Edited by Publicus

He isn't fighting to get back in office.

He's fighting so he can go back home....his detractors pushed too hard and now they are paying the price...and it's not like coup supporters are any better than a corrupt politician....how quickly people forget the PAD and the army coup engineers.

Does anyone believe they did what they did for the good of Siam? I can't imagine a rational expat not understanding TiT...problem is there are lots of reasons why many expats are not rational --- drugs, thai bargirls, white knight syndrome, thoughts by old middle aged men that they really are handsome and God's gift to Thailand, and those that couldn't get a good job in the West but think they somehow can be political consultants to the Thai people.

The detractors have been talking and talking...where is the box he is supposed to come home in? The man is living abroad like a king in broad daylight...Thailand's "government" has no power in the international arena... they can and will do nothing....

All this can go awy really easy. The detractors should shut up, give up, and do what's best for the country...hold a real election and accept what happens...but they won't because we all know who will win a popular vote...so instead this continues.

Is the man guilty....most likely. That isn't the point.

He's fighting so he can go back home....his detractors pushed too hard and now they are paying the price...and it's not like coup supporters are any better than a corrupt politician....how quickly people forget the PAD and the army coup engineers.

Does anyone believe they did what they did for the good of Siam? I can't imagine a rational expat not understanding TiT...problem is there are lots of reasons why many expats are not rational --- drugs, thai bargirls, white knight syndrome, thoughts by old middle aged men that they really are handsome and God's gift to Thailand, and those that couldn't get a good job in the West but think they somehow can be political consultants to the Thai people.

The detractors have been talking and talking...where is the box he is supposed to come home in? The man is living abroad like a king in broad daylight...Thailand's "government" has no power in the international arena... they can and will do nothing....

All this can go awy really easy. The detractors should shut up, give up, and do what's best for the country...hold a real election and accept what happens...but they won't because we all know who will win a popular vote...so instead this continues.

Who?

If he does come back and he reads this I would like to say it was Maizefarmers idea :o

Joking aside after the events of the last few days have been assessed by both sides I reckon Thaksin popularity will have taken one helluva bad knock.

The huge crowds disappeared rapidly reduced when the violence started and you can bet many Thais were disgusted at the killings and damage done.

I doubt if he will ever command the same support again and he will vanish off the scene.

The government in charge have arrested the ring leaders and have opened the door to get to the people and hopefully many of the reds will relise Mr Thaksin is taking them for a ride.

Come back? Be a que a mile long to take pot shots at him if he did.

Hands up all those here with the right to vote in Thailand?

I thought so.

Therefore since we are living here, we look on and opine safe in the knowledge that few Thais have any interest in our opinions.

Plus we have no responsibility for anything that ensues from our voting or lack of it. :o

So what is the point bf2002??