Thaksin Interviews On CNN and BBC

george

BBC / CNN are so cheap. They don't even want to pay for a translator.

Thaksin English is crap, and we all knows that. I am not surprise he cannot answer properly. Thaksin can also pretend he does not understand the question properly, and answer anything he like.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy was very confrontational.

Did she think she was doing "Hard Talk"?

At the end of the day, Mr T was legally elected and deposed by a military junta. He deserved a more respectful interviewer.

flame away. I don't care. :D

ok lets warm you up..........

he is a wanted fugitive and he does not deserve respect nor BBC airtime

i thought that Aphisit got a much harder time actually on hard talk and came out with a lot more credibility than he went in with

i cannot say the same for Thaksin especially as he has now been proven to be a liar when he answered NO to Lucy's question 'was he financing the reds protest?''

Wow! 65 posts and you just joined yesterday? Must have had a lot of pent up things to say!!

Convicted fugitive? Non-issue to the political sophisticate. Convicted by a victorious rival faction is not the same as being convicted by a transparent legal system.

He was the first elected PM in Thai history to finish his term. All previous PM's were deposed by unelected military juntas. Almost a definition of Banana Republics. He was massively re-elected to a second term before falling victim to the previous noted "modus operandi" of the Thai military and their backers, both visible and invisible.

:o

At the end of the day, Mr T was legally elected and deposed by a military junta. He deserved a more respectful interviewer.

i thought that Aphisit got a much harder time actually on hard talk and came out with a lot more credibility than he went in with

i cannot say the same for Thaksin especially as he has now been proven to be a liar when he answered NO to Lucy's question 'was he financing the reds protest?''

Wow! 65 posts and you just joined yesterday? Must have had a lot of pent up things to say!!

Convicted fugitive? Non-issue to the political sophisticate. Convicted by a victorious rival faction is not the same as being convicted by a transparent legal system.

He was the first elected PM in Thai history to finish his term. All previous PM's were deposed by unelected military juntas. Almost a definition of Banana Republics. He was massively re-elected to a second term before falling victim to the previous noted "modus operandi" of the Thai military and their backers, both visible and invisible.

wow and you said you didn't care.....and now its over, with minimal loss of life, Abhisit will be allowed to finish the job he started and thaksins not coming back (except in a box), neither do i

see you

off for a beer

as you say its been a busy 24 hours....

Well said bobbin, and if there was a free and fair election tomorrow Abhisit and his cronies wouldn't stand a chance and they know it :D

BBC / CNN are so cheap. They don't even want to pay for a translator.

Thaksin English is crap, and we all knows that. I am not surprise he cannot answer properly. Thaksin can also pretend he does not understand the question properly, and answer anything he like.

thaksin pretends to be a lot of things, but his english was ok when he was in power and when it suited him but its of no matter now, he is a spent force and will never be involved in Thai politics again

that dream for him and his supporters is over

he will soon be forgotten

Well said bobbin, and if there was a free and fair election tomorrow Abhisit and his cronies wouldn't stand a chance and they know it :o

you think?

after todays victory over the reds with no loss of life that can be attributed to the soldiers?

putting down this red revolution will restore internal and international confidence in Thailand

i bet the phones red hot with world leaders ringing to congratulate him

abhisit would get in with a landslide

The problem is, he didn't use his mandate for the good of the ppl anymore. He was concerned with selling his company to Temasak and avoiding taxes in the billions.

It is a shame. Many of his supporters and even mentors turned away from him. Chamlong was one of his key supporters once.

Please recall the dragging on for months - and then he called a snap election, sorry Mate, I remember it all too well.

His supporters had and have a point!!!!! - But he is the wrong vehicle. No Mandela or Gandhi here.

Edited by george

Abhisit might win an elction as the mayor of BKK, but in a national election he wouldn't stand a chance :D International confidence in thailand restored? You must be kidding, after the airport debacle a few months back and now this fiasco, Thailand is the laughing stock of S.E. Asia (and thats saying quite a bit) :o Tourisim and investment will continue to decline in thailand until there can be real elections, and even after an elected government is put in place it will take Thailand years to restore international confidence again! There are many investors and tourists that will never return.

I think the question to ask is how many people have been killed/missing in extra judicial actions by the military or the police since Mr T has gone??

Mr T had his fingers well into the cookie jar and was stupid enough to get caught...As soon as I saw the interviews on the BBC & CNN I (for the first time) ripped of messages to their editorial staff complaining that they didn't mention, in any significant way, that the man was an escaped felon....now the people have started to wake up.

Where I live, in the central north, all of the local people were 100% for Taksin, now, they don't want to talk about it? The flags have been taken down and the barber who never takes off his TRT jacket is now wearing a Chang Beer jacket.

So, the cowardly, lying, two faced thief is finally going to get his comerupance! :o:D (IMVHO)

"putting down this red revolution will restore internal and international confidence in Thailand"

You mean by sending the fleet of buses over to pick up the participants who have to go back to work now.

Still in the hub of headline hyperbole, why stop at using the word ' putting down'....why not use 'crushing'?

or

'Abhisit stomps on red anarchists'

'Brave Abhisit defeats the old ladies in wheelchairs'

Edited by Journalist

Abhisit might win an elction as the mayor of BKK, but in a national election he wouldn't stand a chance :D International confidence in thailand restored? You must be kidding, after the airport debacle a few months back and now this fiasco, Thailand is the laughing stock of S.E. Asia (and thats saying quite a bit) :o Tourisim and investment will continue to decline in thailand until there can be real elections, and even after an elected government is put in place it will take Thailand years to restore international confidence again! There are many investors and tourists that will never return.
Thaksin's cronies did not win the last elections.

I think that 1 month ago if there had been elections he would have won, but he now lost all credibility, even with a lot of his followers.

On the subject of interviews, I watched the one on CNN (live) yesterday. To be honest, I thought he sounded 'incompetent'; it was BAD, REALLY BAD. He seemed very nervous, tiresome and had no flare in him whatsoever.

Good thing this crisis is over, let the man rest and spend time with his family. He definitely needs time to reconcile and do some soul searching.

"putting down this red revolution will restore internal and international confidence in Thailand"

You mean by sending the fleet of buses over to pick up the participants who have to go back to work now.

Still in the hub of headline hyperbole, why stop at using the word ' putting down'....why not use 'crushing'?

or

'Abhisit stomps on red anarchists'

'Brave Abhisit defeats the old ladies in wheelchairs'

Good point. The same forces (factions) that were "reluctant" (read cowardice in the face of money and power of Bangkok's aristocracy) to enforce the law under the "yellow shirt" siege of airports, Government House and various other venues around town, are now eager to bash heads, fire "unreal" bullets into crowds, and generally crush a popular revolt that has been brewing since the elitist Bangkok minority rigged the courts, the constitution and saw fit to render illegal any and all oppostion parties. And the BBC interviewer (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7996781.stm) has the imperious stupidity to call the present parliamentary appointed dupe the head of a "democratically elected government."

The interviewer's (name?) words (neither a question nor "objective" statement, but a full-on editorial) are worth quoting: (To Thaksin)

Interviewer:

"You keep talking about democracy. But this is a democratically elected government that these protestors are simply trying to force out of government through their weight on the streets. Now, that is not democracy."

BBC surely has better informed reporters to conduct such an important interview. Shameful.

But it doesn't matter which "camp" you might align yourself with (both seem equally unconcerned about any genuine democratic reform), ultimately nothing good will come from the banterings and violent demonstrations on the parts of both sides until (i) the military can be cleansed of its obvious partisanship, (ii) the police forces (not just Bangkok, but forces in the south) can be relied upon to support the rule of law over graft, corruption and prejudice and (iii) parliament begins to forge a road toward a real constitutional monarchy, one not based on party politics or fears of what the future might hold for the royal family. All these are rightful concerns of the vast majority of Thai citizens (at least this is my reading of them in the press), and deserve being candidly and openly debated for the benefit of the country, Kingdom and people. No easy task, and not to sound paternalistic, but I think these are all healthy signs and the growing pains of a burgeoning democracy, albeit a slow one.

Well said bobbin, and if there was a free and fair election tomorrow Abhisit and his cronies wouldn't stand a chance and they know it :D

Public opinion polls say otherwise.

Thaksin's interview on CNN showed a man who was evasive and at times really pathetically inept at framing his responses. He looked old. While the CNN anchor who was handling the interview did a very poor job, I'm not sure she could have done much different since Thaksin refused to answer her direct questions and instead just continued to jabber that he didn't want violence (although he told his followers that he wanted a revolution). The sum of the interview was a total embarassment for him.

On the subject of interviews, I watched the one on CNN (live) yesterday. To be honest, I thought he sounded 'incompetent'; it was BAD, REALLY BAD. He seemed very nervous, tiresome and had no flare in him whatsoever.

Good thing this crisis is over, let the man rest and spend time with his family. He definitely needs time to reconcile and do some soul searching.

Soul searching, you must be joking. The only soul the ex PM convicted criminal has revoles round money and in his small mind - power.

Well nobody yet, he says it in the CNN interview, I think it's pretty clear what he means.

I think a nice objective team of political scientists from Chulalongkorn and some university rectors should reinstate the 1997 constitution and clean-up the constitutional court and judiciary to make a start, after which new elections can be called.

But yes, the powerful and their will to change the rules to allow full democracy. In most countries it's a bloody and painful process.

Edited by Nostraforce

Dubai King asked not to welcome Thaksin

BANGKOK: -- A Muslim community in Bangkok said Tuesday that its residents will petition to King of Dubai not to welcome fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra because he is leader of red shirted protesters who stage violence in Thailand.

Manit Saengthong, leader of Darrulaman Mosque community, said that the community opposed the violence instigated by the red shirts during the past days.

Some of the protesters invaded and destroyed properties of a mosque, Manit said.

"We will submit a petition to King of Dubai through United Arab Emirates ambassador of Thailand, requesting the King not to allow Thaksin to enter the country and use it as a springboard to attack Thailand," Manit said.

The request will also be for other Muslim countries, he added.

Thaksin is known for his close relationship with Dubai businessmen. He usually talked to the media while he stayed in Dubai.

-- The Nation 2009-04-14

I like this part on BBC:

Do you want to come back to lead the country? Do you want to be the Prime Minister again? Is it what is really behind this?

No... no... nooo. Not really behind.

Sure - it's right in everybody's face. Another freudian slip of tongue.

I posted a better transcription somewhere yesterday, but the gist is the same, and so is his response. The first "no" can't be really imitated, you must see it if you get a chance.

For those who blame his English - he once told the media that his standard Thai is bad, too, that's why he appears to say so much nonsense sometimes.

Sorry this is probably already here but here's the Thaksin BBC interview...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7996781.stm

I'm truly embarrassed just as a farang living in Thailand. He's succeeded in humiliating his country once again. So sad!

Transcript of BBC interview.

INTERVIEWER:

Are you the man behind what we are seeing?

Are you orchestrating this?

Are you fanning the flames because you’re in almost daily contact

with your video links to those supporters

THAKSIN:

Yes.

No.

I would like, I would just like to give them moral support.

I never instigate that, but I want them fight to get the true democracy.

We’ve been fighting for many years.

We’ve been having gone through so many coups you know.

We have had ten successful coups, actually seventeen coups,

but ten successful coups.

Many bloodsheds but we have only 22 elections in the 10 successful coups

in the past 16 years and we’ve been coup once after another.

The poor cannot be / cannot get help, and then during my administration

the poor feel like you know they / the democracy is really mean to them.

INTERVIEWER:

You keep talking about democracy,

but this is a democratically elected government that these protesters

are simply trying to force out of government, through their weight on the streets.

Now that is not democracy.

THAKSIN:

No no no no.

This is, they are really just protest.

But if you look at the way the government come to power,

it’s they form the government in military balance,

it’s by the help of the military, the army commanders and also the privy councilor.

They are trying to dissolve the parties.

You know if you look at the way the constitution court in Thailand,

they hearings in the morning and they sentence in the afternoon,

it’s very, very swift and because they want to dissolve the parties

that come from the people, the majority parties,

and then trying to steal some of the MPs to join the opposition camp.

So that is very unconstitutional from the first place.

This is the reason why it make the people not happy with it

INTERVIEWER:

Would you like to return to the country?

Would you like to lead the country again?

Is that what is behind this?

THAKSIN:

No no no.

It is not really behind.

Because if I were to go back to the country it should be for the good of the country. I’m happy I’m now happy outside.

I’m not care going back or not, but I’m worry about the poor.

I’m worried about the middle class people that they need opportunities.

It should be democracy for all so the opportunities will be prevail.

But now you know because of all the independent agencies

it’s not really independent,

it has been installed by most of the coup, most of them installed by the coup d’etat

INTERVIEWER:

You of course were found guilty of corruption charges,

would you consider going back, trying to clear your name?

THAKSIN:

No.

Definitely I am not.

I can clear my name easily because I have done nothing wrong.

Because if you look if you look at the past

you can see that the committee that they set to do the case, they all are my opponents.

I posted a better transcription somewhere yesterday, but the gist is the same, and so is his response. The first "no" can't be really imitated, you must see it if you get a chance.

One can imitate it.

If you have ever seen Eric Idle in a Monty Python sketch called "Nudge Nudge"

at point 2 mins 20 secs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBt3CKZ0OAA...feature=related

>>>are you insinuating something?

>>>Oh no no no no. YES.

Red shirts are really trying to make friends, firing handguns at a Mosque and burning private citizens cars and bikes for no good reason.

I'm pretty sure that if the red shirts ever come back in Bangkok again, they will have plenty of "friends" waiting to make their acquitance again.

after all, my Thailanguage is not so perfect than I can understand everything what Mr.Thaksin

says in the first vid.....or am I the only one who see that youtube vid in Thai ??

whatsorever, I hope he is History...btw, to trust a billionaire is the same like trusting a

snake.

And another important thing, NOW he feels by hisself how it is to kicked out of the country one love........like so many farangs his government

kicked out because they can not afford to show the 400.000 fu__ckn thousand baht......they have to leave their wives and familys too.....an idea

what was created by our beloved billionaire....EAT YOUR MONEY :o