Thaksin Interviews On CNN and BBC

george

first , if you have not seen it, watch thaksins BBC interview where when asked if he paying the reds, and say NO then watch this video presentation he made to the reds:

particularly watch for his reaction at the 40 second marker and his fumbling afterwards

anyone who defends Thaksin and says he does not lie can watch him shoot himself in the foot right here

i have sent it to the BBC and CNN already

Don't you know that most of his supporters KNOW what is up?

What is your point here? Didn't the PAD do the same thing? And what do you call the first coup engineers? Try what they did in the US and they would be tried for treason.

It is amazing how so many foreigners (and yes, I am one too) think it is ok to screw up an elected government with an army coup because the elected government is corrupt! The last time I checked, the UK and USA governments would have been overthrown if corruption was justification for a coup...and I am an American.

In what world do you live?

Do you honestly think the BBC has not already seen this footage of yours? You found it on the net yourself.

Amazing!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I for one wouldn't have seen it or understood it if it hadn'tbeen posted on here.

Thaksin wasn't just corrupt he was blatant about it which was a pure insult to the Thai people.

This guy was giving them 1 million and knocking of 30 for himself. Changed a law on the Friday so he didn't have to pay tax on the Monday.

and gawd only knows what else.

He now buys peoples loyalty at 500 baht a pop and people are dead because of him. hel_l knows what the future holds now or for the 14 mugs arrested while Thaksin remains free.

No doubt the reds will blame the current government when the backlash of this hits the economy.

Thailand including the reds need Thaksin like you need a hole in your head and if you can't see that then amazing is the word.

Edited by George4

I like this part on BBC:

Do you want to come back to lead the country? Do you want to be the Prime Minister again? Is it what is really behind this?

No... no... nooo. Not really behind.

Sure - it's right in everybody's face. Another freudian slip of tongue.

I posted a better transcription somewhere yesterday, but the gist is the same, and so is his response. The first "no" can't be really imitated, you must see it if you get a chance.

For those who blame his English - he once told the media that his standard Thai is bad, too, that's why he appears to say so much nonsense sometimes.

so what does this guy speaks fluently, mandarin? :o

Well said bobbin, and if there was a free and fair election tomorrow Abhisit and his cronies wouldn't stand a chance and they know it :o

you think?

after todays victory over the reds with no loss of life that can be attributed to the soldiers?

putting down this red revolution will restore internal and international confidence in Thailand

i bet the phones red hot with world leaders ringing to congratulate him

abhisit would get in with a landslide

If he did then at least he would have taken the position by fair means. Good or not, he was put into office by Thailand's elite and not through a democratic election. You think he would get in with a landslide? Recent elections have shown clearly what the majority of Thai people want, but unfortunately they haven't been allowed to do their jobs and have been forced out by the rich and powerful who don't seem to care what the voting public want. As for the red brigade being paid, where do you think the blue shirts came from???

He now buys peoples loyalty at 500 baht a pop and people are dead because of him. hel_l knows what the future holds now or for the 14 mugs arrested while Thaksin remains free.

No doubt the reds will blame the current government when the backlash of this hits the economy.

And giving 2000 baht hand-outs is..........????????????????

The money is not the main point is it?. I don't remember guns bombs and burning buses.

Thaksin was calling for the people to revolt in one sentense and asking for peace in the next.

Same man who had people shot to stop the drugs supposidly.

The current government have cleared the streets with minumum bloodshed and I admire them for that.

Thaksin wouldn't give a hoot if half the nation had to die to get him back in power and the quicker people realise that the better.

The money is not the main point is it?. I don't remember guns bombs and burning buses.

Thaksin was calling for the people to revolt in one sentense and asking for peace in the next.

The current government have cleared the streets with minumum bloodshed and I admire them for that.

Thaksin wouldn't give a hoot if half the nation had to die to get him back in power and the quicker people realise that the better.

he would sacrifice 10,000 people (reds as claimed) to die just to get back his 76 billion baht...

Part of a economic stimulus package.

The whole world is doing it if you care to read current events.

Australia gave low income earners $900, U.S did the same.

Well said bobbin, and if there was a free and fair election tomorrow Abhisit and his cronies wouldn't stand a chance and they know it :o

you think?

after todays victory over the reds with no loss of life that can be attributed to the soldiers?

putting down this red revolution will restore internal and international confidence in Thailand

If he did then at least he would have taken the position by fair means. Good or not, he was put into office by Thailand's elite and not through a democratic election. You think he would get in with a landslide? Recent elections have shown clearly what the majority of Thai people want, but unfortunately they haven't been allowed to do their jobs and have been forced out by the rich and powerful who don't seem to care what the voting public want. As for the red brigade being paid, where do you think the blue shirts came from???

Abhisit is an elected MP along with all the rest who's parties are then free to join up with other parties to form a coalition which is more the norm in Thai politics i.e. they go the where they feel they can get the best deal. I think Churchill made a great comment about democracy, I cannot remember what it was & perhaps someone can enlighten me but anyway Thailand does have its own version of democracy & Abhisit became PM within the existing rules. When the MPs voted for their choice of PM it was on TV for all to see.

Lucy was very confrontational.

Did she think she was doing "Hard Talk"?

At the end of the day, Mr T was legally elected and deposed by a military junta. He deserved a more respectful interviewer.

flame away. I don't care. :o

ok lets warm you up..........

he is a wanted fugitive and he does not deserve respect nor BBC airtime

i thought that Aphisit got a much harder time actually on hard talk and came out with a lot more credibility than he went in with

i cannot say the same for Thaksin especially as he has now been proven to be a liar when he answered NO to Lucy's question 'was he financing the reds protest?''

Who determines whether he has airtime. The UK is a democracy, we do not forbid him airtime because we may not like his views.

And if abhisit was asked if his party financed demonstrations, he would say yes?????

Thaksin interview on CNN

Follow the Breaking News here:

1. Sign up for Breaking Newsletter by email: http://www.thaivisa.com/353.0.html

2. Download our Toolbar for IE and Firefox: http://toolbar.thaivisa.com

3. Follow the Breaking News on Twitter: http://twitter.com/georgebkk

THAKSIN:

I would like to urge every party that come together peacefully, not just by using force.

You know war never ended war before, and violence beget violence.

I don’t think that is the right approach.

And you trying to lie to the whole world, you are trying to lie the people,

but you know in Thailand we have a saying that when the elephant die you cannot cover it with a small lotus leaf.

It is impossible. You are trying to cover everything.

You trying to saying that you use the police like a control, actually is army, it’s from the division one and the division two.

So that is, they shot the people. They aim the M16 to the people, in the horizontal level and many people dying.

If you can see the pictures that I show, they shot at the heart of the man and the man dead.

And then they even take the dead bodies on the military truck and then take them away. Just trying to conceal everything.

I want everyone to come together peacefully

Is this the same Thaksin who bought us the war on drugs and Tak Bai/Krue Sae?

All that hypocrisy in one breath! Thaksin-The new Gandhi!

you think?

Abhisit is an elected MP along with all the rest who's parties are then free to join up with other parties to form a coalition which is more the norm in Thai politics i.e. they go the where they feel they can get the best deal. I think Churchill made a great comment about democracy, I cannot remember what it was & perhaps someone can enlighten me but anyway Thailand does have its own version of democracy & Abhisit became PM within the existing rules. When the MPs voted for their choice of PM it was on TV for all to see.

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. icon_info.gificon_plus.gificon_email.gificon_blank.gifSir Winston ChurchillAll democracies are evolving and Thailand's is very young and has a long way to go. They need to deal with corruption, their unfair class system, the power cliques. And they will do it their way and slowly. Werstern role models may not be that helpful.

Thailand has a history of coalitions which is not a western way but very much an eastern acceptability. So maybe this could be a basis for their style of democracy, though probably would not work in the west.

Brown became pm quite legally. Abhisit had some help from some quarters.

BBC / CNN are so cheap. They don't even want to pay for a translator.

Thaksin English is crap, and we all knows that. I am not surprise he cannot answer properly. Thaksin can also pretend he does not understand the question properly, and answer anything he like.

Your English is much better?

Dubai King asked not to welcome Thaksin

BANGKOK: -- A Muslim community in Bangkok said Tuesday that its residents will petition to King of Dubai not to welcome fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra because he is leader of red shirted protesters who stage violence in Thailand.

Manit Saengthong, leader of Darrulaman Mosque community, said that the community opposed the violence instigated by the red shirts during the past days.

Some of the protesters invaded and destroyed properties of a mosque, Manit said.

"We will submit a petition to King of Dubai through United Arab Emirates ambassador of Thailand, requesting the King not to allow Thaksin to enter the country and use it as a springboard to attack Thailand," Manit said.

The request will also be for other Muslim countries, he added.

Thaksin is known for his close relationship with Dubai businessmen. He usually talked to the media while he stayed in Dubai.

-- The Nation 2009-04-14

One might assume he'd be persona non grata wouldn't be popular in a Gulf State with rep as a muslim basher and republican. But then the answer is in the last line:

Thaksin is known for his close relationship with Dubai businessmen

...and I guess there's the issue of saudi jewellery? :o

Sorry this is probably already here but here's the Thaksin BBC interview...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7996781.stm

I'm truly embarrassed just as a farang living in Thailand. He's succeeded in humiliating his country once again. So sad!

The bbc interview by Lucy hockings was so much better and he went on record and said he was not paying the reds at all only offering moral support

Many, many long years ago, there was a movie, I think starring a guy named Donald O'Connor. The movie was titled " Francis the Talking Mule"

That was the last time, until following some of the posts on this and other RedShirt related threads, that I have heard [have seen written} a jackass talk. Now they are all over these posts.

Some people could watch, 'LIVE' , the "SCUM DOG BILLIONAIRE" , chop the paws off a new born kitten , and they would still defend the wrong, of which their eyes and brain had just informed them.

But let me say here, I Am not biased ! Well I lied, did you believe me?

An opinion I would give though is that in one of the interviews Scum Dog seemed to have the same dazed look that was on the face of Sadaam Husein , when they dragged him out of the hole . What is the word , omen, portent ???

Lucy was very confrontational.

Did she think she was doing "Hard Talk"?

At the end of the day, Mr T was legally elected and deposed by a military junta. He deserved a more respectful interviewer.

flame away. I don't care. :D

ok lets warm you up..........

he is a wanted fugitive and he does not deserve respect nor BBC airtime

i thought that Aphisit got a much harder time actually on hard talk and came out with a lot more credibility than he went in with

i cannot say the same for Thaksin especially as he has now been proven to be a liar when he answered NO to Lucy's question 'was he financing the reds protest?''

Wow! 65 posts and you just joined yesterday? Must have had a lot of pent up things to say!!

Convicted fugitive? Non-issue to the political sophisticate. Convicted by a victorious rival faction is not the same as being convicted by a transparent legal system.

He was the first elected PM in Thai history to finish his term. All previous PM's were deposed by unelected military juntas. Almost a definition of Banana Republics. He was massively re-elected to a second term before falling victim to the previous noted "modus operandi" of the Thai military and their backers, both visible and invisible.

:o

wow and you said you didn't care.....and now its over, with minimal loss of life, Abhisit will be allowed to finish the job he started and thaksins not coming back (except in a box), neither do i

see you

off for a beer

as you say its been a busy 24 hours....

Blackman: Read Bobbin's post again and do some research before you post. People will respect your views if you present them fairly

you think?

there are quite a number of issues affecting international confidence right now. the surrender will not be seen as a major step in restoring that confidence. it certainly hasn't improved inward investment.

i somehow doubt abhisit's phone was red hot or that he will get a landslide

I was fuming with how the same old beeb used censored parts of the interview that put Thaksin in a dihonest light as a saviour for the poor.

This morning by the way.

They never showed the questions asked nor the full version of what he actually said in relation to the context of his answer.

i have sent it to the beeb but i doubt they will respond

i wish i had the interviewers direct email to send it to

i doubt she would like to have been lied to on international TV

Ditto to one i sent and have saved.....

" AS a local observer, i am very disappointed that once again your reporters on the ground are seemingly manipulating the truth of what is actually going on and in particular who is using violence.

Regarding the direct firing by the soldiers into the rioting red shirted mobs, it has been made clear that the weapons fired

( contents ) are Paper made, not lethal and are used for scare tactics ONLY just like the rubber bullets used back home but less lethal I might add.

The government have yesterday issued a paper to all embassies making clear what is and is not taking place.

Many have acknowleged this and are now informing everyone of the true events taking place.

Your reporter Lucy Hopkins did a great interview with Thaksin S. and the BBC was given full credit by the Thai media and it,s observers for not letting him manipulate the scenario unfolding and the reasons why,

( as against his version which i might add are hardly reflecting reality and the fact that he is ochestrating and funding what is ongoing FROM ABROAD as a fugitve criminal, convicted on evidence, not vendetta.)

May i politely ask that you start reporting the news as it is and not sending out false, edited versions of events.

eg

Today you are using part of the well praised interview with Thaksin in such a way that it makes him appear to be genuinely concerned with the problems and the so called " poor " who are his main concern when indeed it is not and well your reporters along with the Embassy staff know it.

As for Johanthan Head, he consistently manipulates and refecks the on the ground events as false and totally misleading.

I often wonder if he is using a ficticious ghost writer based on the scene while he is safefly tucked away somewhre else ?

You are a respected news vehicle and rightly so.

Do not risk loosing this via unfair and misleading reporting.

Thank you

Micheal "

....."Regarding the direct firing by the soldiers into the rioting red shirted mobs, it has been made clear that the weapons fired

( contents ) are Paper made, not lethal and are used for scare tactics ONLY just like the rubber bullets used back home but less lethal I might add."... Quote.

......okay people lets have some unbiased views here. I dont work for the BBC, but i was there too (working for Foreign News)..... AND THE BULLETS WERE REAL !!!!

if anyone wants to see any of the spent cartridges that i picked up, i can post photos..... They are 5.56mm M16 Rounds, not blanks....and not made of paper (never heard anything so ridiculous !!)

it is a wonder how more people were not killed.

The red shirts went too far......

They never expected the local people to turn on them.....

Thaksin has lost face....

Abhisit is now stronger as a result....

But there are still obvious rifts in the security forces (ie Pattaya farce)

....this was only the beginning, there will be more..... outside of bangkok the reds are still strong, and if the Gvt. cracks down on their leaders....... they will claim that they are being unfairly treated, as none of the yellow shirt leaders have been prosecuted.....

....then we will see the next episode begin

first , if you have not seen it, watch thaksins BBC interview where when asked if he paying the reds, and say NO then watch this video presentation he made to the reds:

particularly watch for his reaction at the 40 second marker and his fumbling afterwards

anyone who defends Thaksin and says he does not lie can watch him shoot himself in the foot right here

i have sent it to the BBC and CNN already

Don't you know that most of his supporters KNOW what is up?

What is your point here? Didn't the PAD do the same thing? And what do you call the first coup engineers? Try what they did in the US and they would be tried for treason.

It is amazing how so many foreigners (and yes, I am one too) think it is ok to screw up an elected government with an army coup because the elected government is corrupt! The last time I checked, the UK and USA governments would have been overthrown if corruption was justification for a coup...and I am an American.

In what world do you live?

Do you honestly think the BBC has not already seen this footage of yours? You found it on the net yourself.

Amazing!

this was not for the benefit of his supporters except to show them what a dimwit he is

it was for the pleasure of his detractors

i am not interested in the past, or wether the yellows paid their supporters, you might think its important and you might think it excuses his behaviour but its not relavent to this post

the point is he lied on TV and can now be held to account for financing the 'revolution'

he said in the BBC interview with Lucy Hockings that he was not paying the protesters and was only offering moral support

the video i posted proves different and also proves what a treachorous natured person he really is.

to save himself he lied and denied his supporters in the midst of the conflict.

it was no surprise the reds ceased action within 12 hours of those interviews

they must have been demoralised by their beloved leader backpeddling and trying to save himself in front of the whole world

i would guess he also told the red leaders there will be no more money forthcoming so they better go home

he is not only a traitor to Thailand but to his own loyal supporters

if he was any kind of a man, he would have been here at the head of the march instead of sitting in a $500 a night hotel room in Dubai

as to the footage, i sent it to the BBC, CNN and Lucy Hockings

as i did to the Nation newspaper, now its on the Nation website for all to see

so it has credibility

when was your research last published in a national newspaper?

it really does not matter where it came from or where i found it

its a true account and it confirms Thaksin lied and was financing the reds despite his denials whilst at the same time trying to dissassociate himself from his loyal followers

its enough for a charge of treason to be laid at his door i think

in my opinion the handouts were a mistake

they were a mistake last year when Bush did it, a mistake this year when Obama did it

Abhisit was simply copying something that had been used in the west as a short term weapon agaisnt the financial collapse

i do not think he was attempting to curry favour with the poor

i do not believe stimulus such as this will work, it did not save the US last year from the consequences of the financial meltdown and will not save Thailand this year.

also its clear that the red revolution began after the stimulus' where announced, so it did not buy Abhisit any favours with the poor either as you have suggested.

you think?

public opinion polls indicate that abhisit would be elected with a landslide if an election was held now

as to payments, blue shirts, yellow shirts, thats not the point

Thaksin lied about making payments on an interview with BBC News anchor Lucy Hockings and was proved to be a liar by promoting the 500 baht payment on this video

it shows you what a dimwit and spent force he really is

i agree george, thaksin has shown his colours not only to his detractors but to his supporters too

but i do not believe the reds are naive enough to not see him for what he is really is

it was disgraceful the way he tried to backpeddle and distance himself from the reds when they had put their lives on the line for him

if he was any kind of a man he would have been at the head of the march, reagrdless of the consequences to his own safety

thakis is for thaksin, no one else matters

you think?

<h1 style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px;">“It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”</h1>

Blackman: Read Bobbin's post again and do some research before you post. People will respect your views if you present them fairly

i did not come here for respect, i come here to inform and be informed

as to research it was my many hours of research that turned up the video where Thaksin was proved to be a liar on the BBC interview with Lucy Hockings.

that video has since been posted on the Nation website and i have no doubt will be used when thaksin is charged with treason

you ever had anything published in the international press?

this forum has short term memory, as do most of its conributors and blackman will only last as long as George will tolerate my ravings

anyway who made you queen of may, you are not a mod, go and find someone who cares what you think about whats fair and whats not

i have my own high standards of integrity and i am very happy to march to the beat of my own drum

i believe its better to be a tiger for a day than a sheep for a lifetime

so its good baaaaa caf

(is that eastenders speak for cath?)

you think?

there are quite a number of issues affecting international confidence right now. the surrender will not be seen as a major step in restoring that confidence. it certainly hasn't improved inward investment.

i somehow doubt abhisit's phone was red hot or that he will get a landslide

do some research before posting Caff, public opinion polls prove otherwise and doubting Caff wrong.....

....."Regarding the direct firing by the soldiers into the rioting red shirted mobs, it has been made clear that the weapons fired

( contents ) are Paper made, not lethal and are used for scare tactics ONLY just like the rubber bullets used back home but less lethal I might add."... Quote.

......okay people lets have some unbiased views here. I dont work for the BBC, but i was there too (working for Foreign News)..... AND THE BULLETS WERE REAL !!!!

if anyone wants to see any of the spent cartridges that i picked up, i can post photos..... They are 5.56mm M16 Rounds, not blanks....and not made of paper (never heard anything so ridiculous !!)

Kaiwatnok

Pray tell us what you were doing for the "Foreign News"

I sort of suspect that you have never seen an actual ' blank'

When using paper bullets was stated, do you think the entire 'paper' comes shooting out of the rifle, much like a giant spitball ??

So you saw M16 metal casings...... was not it posted that some live rounds were also fired, some into the air ??? Where might these casings fallen......

Was it not reported that there was live ammo fire directed at the bus or busses that were being driven at the line of advancing troops.....

I think too many holes in your story to say that the fire that came out of a particular rifle or group came from the casings that you later saw......

Too many rumors and people trying to play up their " I'm a important macho now part" is the cause for more add on rumor on top of more rumor and this does not help the facts , just muddles it up more.;

sorry to interrupt your string flow Blackman

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Kaiwatnok

Pray tell us what you were doing for the "Foreign News"

I sort of suspect that you have never seen an actual ' blank'

When using paper bullets was stated, do you think the entire 'paper' comes shooting out of the rifle, much like a giant spitball ??

So you saw M16 metal casings...... was not it posted that some live rounds were also fired, some into the air ??? Where might these casings fallen......

Was it not reported that there was live ammo fire directed at the bus or busses that were being driven at the line of advancing troops.....

I think too many holes in your story to say that the fire that came out of a particular rifle or group came from the casings that you later saw......

Too many rumors and people trying to play up their " I'm a important macho now part" is the cause for more add on rumor on top of more rumor and this does not help the facts , just muddles it up more.;

sorry to interrupt your string flow Blackman

not that much od a string flow Gonzo just random musings but thank you for your courtesy

not much of that around on this forum in the past few days...

i agree with your observations above though and i think the 'giant spitball' was a classic line!

That has got to be one of the worst interviews I have ever seen!

No information was gained, nothing was really explained, issues were glossed over or completely avoided, and discussion was almost nonsensical. The interviewer did not steer the interview at all, and seemed unfamiliar with the story and history, leading to this muddled waste of air time. I really wonder what that was supposed to accomplish.

The one done by Lucy Hopkins for the beeb was far better.

( If only the Rottwellier Jeremy Paxston had been able to do the interview. )

He did by the way for all to witness when asked about the attacks on Prem, admit under further prompting and in answer to a direct question, that another person was directly involved in previous incidents relating to the coup ect.

I hope this was saved by the authorities as evidence for future reference.

Thank you

:o AND!, it's Lucy Hockings