Arrest Warrants Issued For 14 Red Shirt Leaders And Thaksin

bangkokrick

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The country belongs to the military and not to the people. Thailand is a dictatorland and will never be a democratic land so long the military control everything. The people has to take control over the country and make elections like other democratic lands. Power to the people.

7891011: any facts, arguments? anything???

But it is quite amazing that they can be charged within 24 hours whilst the leaders of an arguably larger protest, the yellows, still have not been charged at all for taking over three International airports. I wonder if this is what is behind the absolute division in this country and until both sides are treated equally by the police and judiciary, rich poor or otherwise, is there any chance for Thailand to reach its potential?

Abhisit must make a firm and clear decision on this if he expects his "reconcilliatory" approach and "all people are equal in the eyes of the law" to be taken seriously.

Along with his assurances to international leaders that they would be secure for the ASEAN summit - Abhisits words and promises are sounding increasingly hollow.

There is no reconciliation to be had.

Thaksin himself would never reconcile, still thinks he never did anything wrong as do his zombie followers, even after a second party dissolution, it still means nothing to them all. Still nothing but a bunch of criminals still disguising as a political party.

At least Thaskin is consistant

He left his friend when he fled the country to take the heat when the court case found him guilty

This time he promised to lead them to victory, but again left his friends to take the heat this time as well

Yes the PAD are also guilty

But it seems they did not set Bangkok on fire or turn on their own people

So I guess fair is fair, and all my take the same end

Face the courts and see what is the decision

If you really think things will be fair, i guess you are still steeping and dreaming. But I think Red shirt were more vicious and caused a lot more human damage than the yellow folks. And I hope they force Taxin to come back and put him in jail

Anyhow I am glad it is all over and maybe we can have some normal life over here

It will be all over the day Thaksin dies of a massive stroke or is jailed and kept away from using the media to stir up his zombies.

I find it rather odd when people constantly use the yellow shirt demonstrations to compare to treatment of the red shirts. It should be remembered that the red shirt demonstrations are orchestrated by a fugitive residing outside the country and not in the interests of national security. Secondly it is a different Prime Minister at this time and he should be commended for taking a strong stand when needed but at the same time doing everything he can to save lives. Thailand is lucky to have a PM with his heart in the right place. I believe he will do everything he can to assist the Thai people. I know he is limited by those around him but what is the alternative at this time? Thaksin has alienated himself and his party and his true intentions have been revealed with this latest debacle.

PAD was OUTSIDE of the airport

Outside of the airport, huh? so who are the yellow shirts on this photo sitting INSIDE the terminal? Cleaning personnel?

thaiairportprotest.jpg

yes and 24 hours after they left, the airport was 100% functional again.nothing was damaged, nothing stolen, the tax free shops not even protective measures to prevent stealing, nobody of the yellow shirt even passing the immigration line.

can you say the same about your reds who protest so peaceful(?) in the capital. They demonstrate soo peaceful that they killed 2 people, burned buses, threatens people to burn their house, attacked local markets, till the local inhabitants was so fed up with their soo peaceful protest that the chased them away and even attacked them, No blue or yellow shirts only common people who were fed upo with them.

I do understand that the grapes taste sour, but a little bit honesty would be appreciated.

Furthermore you show blatant ill will to demand that the PM should arrest people while you very well know that an n PM can't do this in a democracy.Maybe Thaksin could to because HE SAID DEMOCRACY IS NOT MY GOAL, AND THE UN IS NOT MY FATHER.

If I were you I would bow my head in shame and keep silence. But you clearly don't know the meaning of shame. But i urge you to go on with your ranting, you only make yourself even more the laughing stock of this forum than you are already

unrespectfully yours

henry

Edited by henryalleman

Where is the opposition party in all this?

Just silence, no calls for resignations, no claims against the government.

That is strange because Chalerm is very outspoken.

Have Puea Thai given up on him?

There is a big difference between what the Yellows did and the what the Reds did.

Let's hope Thai judicial system looks squarely at what actually happened and what words were spoken by the respective leaders of each group - and act somewhat fairly.

To a great extent, the Yellows adhered to the parameters of peaceful demonstrations.

The Reds started out somewhat peaceful, but degenerated to an unruly mob bent on maximum destruction during the second week of April.

There were vast differences in how each group manifested.

Edited by brahmburgers

There have been idiots on both sides irrespective of the colo/ur of their shirts.

Abhasit and his government need to be seen to be getting things right for a change.

The main instigators (some have got off scot free) from both sides have been charged with various offences even though it took three/four months for one action and three/four days for another action.

It remains to be seen if there is any lenient treatment for either of the opposing factions but be sure the world will be watching after recent debacles.

Whatever the outcome the damage to this wonderful country had been horrendous and will take a very long time to crawl back to it's previous high status amongst the Asian tigers. Previously compared to the Singapores of the region- what comparison now?

Economically - you ain't seen nothing yet!

Maybe it has just not been reported.

I find constructive debate in Thailand can sometimes be frustratingly difficult because one is always getting one sided views. It would be good to have a choice in reading english language newspapers

Thaksin obviously bought these uneducated red shirts protestants, giving them money, food & beer Chang, they come to break things in Bangkok without knowing anything.

Shame on Thaksin!!!

They aren't all uneducated - some are camapigning for political change.

I don't think there were many protestants among them. But you may be right, though sometimes your facts are a little suspect

Saw pictures last night on TV about the arrest from the red shirt leaders.

Can't help myself. Everybody seemed to smile and joking.

Looked more like a VIP treatment rather than an arrest.

"Please Sir, would you mind to sit in our air conditioned car so we can drive you to your air conditioned cell..." Looked to me like "the deal was done already".

Police laughed, the leaders laughed and in the press was mentioned already "they will soon be free on bail". And then the spoof will start again. Telling the "rural and poor folks the story about their red hero, who was unfairly treated, had to run away because he didn't receive justice and had to fear for his life..."

And now the dear red leader became the target of unfair treatment again. So folks, get out again and rescue him. This time we will pay you 1000 Baht per day...

I trust.... this will happen sooner or later! No I am not paranoid! This morning I received a call from Warin. Some arriving reds got a "heroes welcome"!

They mentioned it's the foreigners who done bad to their hero. The press showed their red Fuhrer always as an evil man, but he isn't".

So who is now to blame? I am sure such welcome has not only happened in Warin...

My opinion - the "game" isn't over yet!

ok ok sorry maybe not a leader im the same as you not yellow blue or red but do you think that somone that openly supported the closure of an airport should have been made foriegn minister, its decisions like that that are getting this country deeper and deeper in shit.

OK he wasn't a leader! The closure of the airport was made by who? It was made by AOT when PAD was OUTSIDE of the airport and the guy who closed the airport is the brother of a leader of the red mob.

Is Kasit now Red, you must like him if he agree with the brother of the leader of the red mob???

god ive just looked and it says your a crazy member lol i think you must be, so what your saying is they could have left the airport open, no surely not, CRAZY CRAZY

:o that made me laugh

There is a big difference between what the Yellows did and the what the Reds did.

Let's hope Thai judicial system looks squarely at what actually happened and what words were spoken by the respective leaders of each group - and act somewhat fairly.

To a great extent, the Yellows adhered to the parameters of peaceful demonstrations.

The Reds started out somewhat peaceful, but degenerated to an unruly mob bent on maximum destruction during the second week of April.

There were vast differences in how each group manifested.

before the reds got violent, the level of civil disobedience of yellows and reds were about equal. Shutting down the airport was probably the worse.

the difference is that yellow demands were more or less met. so they went home. plus, the army did not get involved so the situation did not escalate.

The red demands were not met, they got frustrated, they were provoked , tempers got out of hand and the thing escalated from there.

The yellows were ready to rumble if they too were provoked. plenty of hard core yellows hiding amongst the grandmas.

The real difference between the two is the level of support they got from the "establishment" and military.

Courts and army and other high level interests were on the yellows side, what this translated into was their demands being met.

convenient huh

I think your being optimistic if you expect the judicial system to act fairly in all this.

Abhisit will of course give a tight smile and say something like "all people are equal in the eyes.." bla bla bla .. :o

Edited by mc2

That the leaders have been charged is good news, as should anyone found causing damage to private or public property in Bangkok and Pattaya during this time.

But it is quite amazing that they can be charged within 24 hours whilst the leaders of an arguably larger protest, the yellows, still have not been charged at all for taking over three International airports. I wonder if this is what is behind the absolute division in this country and until both sides are treated equally by the police and judiciary, rich poor or otherwise, is there any chance for Thailand to reach its potential?

Agreed both sides Pad and Redshirt leaders should be on trial . Propagander from either side should not be allowed apart from some limited and controlled air time . TV stations should not be controlled by one side or the other .

Unless it is seen by the whole of Thailand that all sides are treated the same there will never be a solution .

or both sides are forgiven to demonstrate magnamity thai amity and reconciliation?

Abhisit also stayed fairly low-profile, during the PAD-protests, making the odd condemnatory comment on excesses, but keeping his hands clean, waiting until he was able to overturn the government's coalition to form one of his own.

Face it, the PTP are still fairly leaderless at present, perhaps this is a cunning plot of the military & elite, or more likely they're simply not very good at parliamentary politics. I suspect the latter. :o

I think Tony Clifton used a good descriptive term a few posts back , "ZOMBIES"

Not only does that apply to SOME of the redshirt protesters, but also SOME of thepro- redshirt posters on this forum.

There are some things that are facts.

You are either dead or alive,,,,,,,,,, cannot be both

One is pregnant or not pregnant....... cannot be both

Some may be forgiven [Americans or products of the American Educational System] for their lack of understanding the Parlimentary System, when they fail to understand how the current government is a legal government. It is not an illegal government, just because you fail to understand how they got into power.

But by now all should be able to understand that fact as it has been posted time and time again. This Govt. is legal and legal by the constitution of Thailand.

I may not follow your truths and you may not follow mine but please try and understand something before shooting off and expressing your best heartfelt belief.

Also when a State of Emergency is called into place, there are some special powers that are given to the police and/or the military. Some of these powers set aside the normal rules. An example is the current SoE mandated no groups of larger than 6 persons [ I think it was stated as 6} would be allowed to congregate. Again understand the program before saying something is crazy or wrong.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Is it Abhisit's fault if no court has issued arrest warrants for the PAD leaders or do you guys suggest Abhisit should take influence on the courts?

I would think that a PM would have enough power to have an arrest warrant issued for someone that occupied the government house for 5 months and the airports for a week, no?

But then again, you can't prosecute those who made you PM, that would be treason.

May I suggest you learn the first page about the organisation of a democracy with separation of power before you post here.

Abhisit has earned my admiration for handling the situation, although I would have preferred him to act quicker, i.e. BEFORE the ASEAN Summit in Pattaya.

But besides this, the way he handled the situation here in Bangkok is very good. Nobody got killed except for the two killings done by the Red Shirts and law and order has returned to Bangkok within 24 hours. The leaders are under arrest and the police and the military have not used excessive force like under the Somchai government.

The big looser is Thaksin. The most powerful man 4 years ago has not been able to mobilize more than 10'000 rioters, who just came to Bangkok to have some action and let out some steam. I believe this guy Thaksin is over, finished and out.

I wouldn't sell Thaksin short. He is not stupid by any measurement. He likely funded both sides and left the Government and the taxpayers with a trillion baht bill for the messes in both Pattaya and and Bangkok. The UDD do not pay much taxes compared to the PAD, therefor do not care how big the bill actually is. The crumbling economy takes everything down and Thaksin is still standing. He comes in and fixes Thailand and his statue goes up in place of the Victory Monument. His money is worth twice as much and he is in total control.

He pulled out strategically at the point he did because the damage is done and the bill is big. He spent a few billion for a much larger return in a year or two. I am certain there are many Thaksin supporters working inside the current government at relatively high levels. It is the same thinking as Alan Pauslon when he stated that a $200 thousand dollar a year congressman is no match for a $20 million a year CEO of on of the Major US auto makers. The same applies to Thaksin and the current administration.

so the red leaders are arrested and charged within two days and are being held by the military despite these being criminal charges.

the yellows decided to turn up to hear charges after 4 months walking free, yes guys they decided when they would appear, they told the police they will turn up on 30th, not the other way round, they never attended a police station, they turned up at the police club and are not being held, they are currently busy trying to get the PM to promote more of them in the Democrat party.

being a supporter of neither side its easy to see things in black and white, its easy to see the bias shown to one side, it's easy to see why some people feel unfairly treated.

what is a disgrace on this forum is the mocking attitude of some posters, even towards thai posters that are directly affected by politics here, they seem to think the quashing of the reds was some sort of victory, well it's a victory only in the sense that they took one side and feel some false sense of pride that the team they backed won, its a selfish attitude, there were no winners the past few days, and I feel that this is far from being over

Is it Abhisit's fault if no court has issued arrest warrants for the PAD leaders or do you guys suggest Abhisit should take influence on the courts?

I would think that a PM would have enough power to have an arrest warrant issued for someone that occupied the government house for 5 months and the airports for a week, no?

But then again, you can't prosecute those who made you PM, that would be treason.

May I suggest you learn the first page about the organisation of a democracy with separation of power before you post here.

Abhisit has earned my admiration for handling the situation, although I would have preferred him to act quicker, i.e. BEFORE the ASEAN Summit in Pattaya.

But besides this, the way he handled the situation here in Bangkok is very good. Nobody got killed except for the two killings done by the Red Shirts and law and order has returned to Bangkok within 24 hours. The leaders are under arrest and the police and the military have not used excessive force like under the Somchai government.

The big looser is Thaksin. The most powerful man 4 years ago has not been able to mobilize more than 10'000 rioters, who just came to Bangkok to have some action and let out some steam. I believe this guy Thaksin is over, finished and out.

I wouldn't sell Thaksin short. He is not stupid by any measurement. He likely funded both sides and left the Government and the taxpayers with a trillion baht bill for the messes in both Pattaya and and Bangkok. The UDD do not pay much taxes compared to the PAD, therefor do not care how big the bill actually is. The crumbling economy takes everything down and Thaksin is still standing. He comes in and fixes Thailand and his statue goes up in place of the Victory Monument. His money is worth twice as much and he is in total control.

He pulled out strategically at the point he did because the damage is done and the bill is big. He spent a few billion for a much larger return in a year or two. I am certain there are many Thaksin supporters working inside the current government at relatively high levels. It is the same thinking as Alan Pauslon when he stated that a $200 thousand dollar a year congressman is no match for a $20 million a year CEO of on of the Major US auto makers. The same applies to Thaksin and the current administration.

I think you are crediting Thaksin with greater strategic thought than actually is the case. True Abhisit, like Obama came into power at a less than auspicious time and both will probably suffer a backlash if recession becomes depression. Still it has to be bourne in mind that Thaksin has lost an absolute fortune on his investments and therefore didn't see the current downturn coming either. Still whether by luck or planning Thaksin may find the passage of time is a far more effective weapon than his paid rent-a-rabble. If I was Abhisit I would get Israeli on Thaksin and pay for someone to dispose of him if extradition is not feasible. Time will tell all I guess.

Keep stacking up the charges Mr. Thaksin. You should have done the time in the beginning. Now, you must be up for 5 years. Good luck with making friends with felons in jail, although you seem to be good at that. No where to run Mr. Thaksin..you are finished. Stay out of Politics. Bravo to our new Prime Minister !! Keep the course Mr. Prime Minister...you are the popular vote.

I think you are crediting Thaksin with greater strategic thought than actually is the case. True Abhisit, like Obama came into power at a less than auspicious time and both will probably suffer a backlash if recession becomes depression. Still it has to be bourne in mind that Thaksin has lost an absolute fortune on his investments and therefore didn't see the current downturn coming either. Still whether by luck or planning Thaksin may find the passage of time is a far more effective weapon than his paid rent-a-rabble. If I was Abhisit I would get Israeli on Thaksin and pay for someone to dispose of him if extradition is not feasible. Time will tell all I guess.

Advocating a crime... Very nice.

BTW what do you know about Thaksin's investments ?

Actually nothing at all, you are simply lying.

Not only does that apply to SOME of the redshirt protesters, but also SOME of thepro- redshirt posters on this forum.

Some may be forgiven [Americans or products of the American Educational System] for their lack of understanding the Parlimentary System, when they fail to understand how the current government is a legal government. It is not an illegal government, just because you fail to understand how they got into power.

But by now all should be able to understand that fact as it has been posted time and time again. This Govt. is legal and legal by the constitution of Thailand.

I may not follow your truths and you may not follow mine but please try and understand something before shooting off and expressing your best heartfelt belief.

Also when a State of Emergency is called into place, there are some special powers that are given to the police and/or the military. Some of these powers set aside the normal rules. An example is the current SoE mandated no groups of larger than 6 persons [ I think it was stated as 6} would be allowed to congregate. Again understand the program before saying something is crazy or wrong.

You say this all this as though it was holy writ, but it's not.Abhisit came to power on the backs of unelected feudal and military elites, not to mention courts acting under "direction", finally through backroom deals with discredited and corrupt power brokers.Of course he is technically legitimate but he needs to seek a genuine electoral mandate sooner rather than later.As it happens I think he's the right man at the right time.Whether the Thai people agree will depend to a large extent on how fair he is perceived to be.

The use of the term "Zombie" says more about those who fling it around at those with different views than anything else.

well well well this is a surprise lol, im afraid this is the problem and will allways be, lets face it not only were the yelows not prosucuted but are pm made one of the leaders his foriegn minister, not really fair i think.

The PAD had to report to the police and did that on the 30th March to hear the charges and now it is with the courts so what is this "not prosecuted????"

Which leader is foreign minister??? What BS is that?? Kasit was NEVER a PAD leader.

What silly propaganda again and again from clone poster with just 1 posting???

ohhhhhhhhh thats not a very nice welcome, so please tell me why was he at the airport, to catch a flight, no couldent have been i forgot it was closed.

Of course, you're right. That was the unique feature of the PAD, it had thousands of leaders, in fact everybody who was at the airport at the time was a PAD leader :o

Seriously, Kasit was at the airport, he spoke there - but that does not make him a LEADER.

As has been posted by several other posters on several other threads (from Wikipedia):

The central committee of the PAD consists of:

Media mogul Sondhi Limthongkul

Major General Chamlong Srimuang

Activist Phiphob Thongchai

State enterprise labor union leader Somsak Kosaisuuk

University lecturer and social activist Somkeit Pongpaibul.

Besides the five leaders, ten others form the PAD management committee: Pitaya Wongkul, Rewadee Prasertcharoensuuk, Rosana Tositrakul, Chaiwat Sindhuwong, Preeda Tiasuwan, Sirichai Maingam, Suwit Watnuu, Kochawan Chaiyabut, Weerapol Sopa, Ouychai Wata.

Other leaders include Khamnoon Sitthisaman and Campaign for Popular Democracy leader Suriyasai Katasila. Several current and former employees of Sondhi played a role, including Panthep Puapongbhant, Samran Rodpetch, Kumnuun Sidhisamann, Sarocha Pornudomsak, Anchalee Paireerak, Yuthayong Limlertwatee, and Torpong Sewatarm.

Can you find Kasit's name in there?

/ Priceless

PS I'm not a supporter of Kasit's and consider the red and yellow shirts equally disgusting, but getting your facts right is, to my mind, a prerequisite for a meaningful discussion.

and none of these people are doing jail time....disgusting.

You say this all this as though it was holy writ, but it's not.Abhisit came to power on the backs of unelected feudal and military elites, not to mention courts acting under "direction", finally through backroom deals with discredited and corrupt power brokers.Of course he is technically legitimate but he needs to seek a genuine electoral mandate sooner rather than later.As it happens I think he's the right man at the right time.Whether the Thai people agree will depend to a large extent on how fair he is perceived to be.

The use of the term "Zombie" says more about those who fling it around at those with different views than anything else.

Perfect example of what I was saying Jayboy...... That is all your opinion.....and you are entitled to it.....

Scum Dog decided to be absent from the court at the time of reckoning, and did a runner.... Whether you or I like or dislike the fact.... the court and judges were all legal under the constitution of Thailand. Even your great Scum Dog cannot pick and choose which laws are correct and which are not correct.

The fact that he chooses certain laws to be wholly correct in the Sale of Shin Corp to an outside entity, was legal in his eyes, thus he saw so need to pay any taxes. Unfortunately themajority of people in this country thought differently. Scum Dog legal does not automatically equate with constitutionally legal.

Legal by the law and constitution is one thing, morally [ or immorally ] legal is quite another.

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I put it to you that you are firing your mouth off without using your brain or checking your facts. Google 'Thaksin down to his last $500million' and you will find several articles covering this such as one in plushasia.com to quote -

The total contracts of his oil, rice and gold future...exceeded US$450 million.They are now at risk of being liquidated because of the adverse market conditions.

I will take your apology as read for calling me a liar.

As for advocating crime - perhaps had someone bumped off Thaksin earlier at least 2000 people executed without trial might still be alive now not to mention sundry people living in the South of Thailand. Thaksin is hel_l bent on revenge and doesn't care a dam about the lives of Thai citizens, except of course for his relations who flew out before the rioting started.

I put it to you that you are firing your mouth off without using your brain or checking your facts. Google 'Thaksin down to his last $500million' and you will find several articles covering this such as one in plushasia.com to quote -

The total contracts of his oil, rice and gold future...exceeded US$450 million.They are now at risk of being liquidated because of the adverse market conditions.

As for advocating crime - perhaps had someone bumped off Thaksin earlier at least 2000 people executed without trial might still be alive now not to mention sundry people living in the South of Thailand. Thaksin is hel_l bent on revenge and doesn't care a dam about the lives of Thai citizens, except of course for his relations who flew out before the rioting started.

76 Billion THB of his monies is frozen in Thailand....

...and hopefully will be used by the current administration to repair the damage done. I'm not talking about economical damage.

and none of these people are doing jail time....disgusting.

But how many of them have been arrested and are out on bail? The court systems in most countries isn't exactly swift. Here in the US Phil Spector murdered someone. It took 6 years for him to be convicted, he'd been roaming free until this week. Give the Thai courts some time to do their jobs.

Which just goes to show what a prolific and successful kleptocrat he was. I think if Thaksin was good for paying for his red mercenaries he should be good to pay for all the damage caused to Bangkok, not to mention damage to the Thai economy and compensation to the families of those murdered by the red shirts over new year.