Buying A Ps3 In Phuket

Lomps

Hey!!

Does anyone know a good place to buy a PS3 in Phuket... I have come across a few places but they were all asking over 20 000 which is a bit ridiculous.

Or does anyone know any good places to buy it online because I would consider that as an option.

Thanks for your help

A shop on the 3rd floor of Central Festival sells them, opp Supersports and the bookshop.

They have everything, latest games and accessories and will order game they don't have.

Some of the new games are pricey.

I have over 45 games now

Edit^^^^ that is the name of the store, The game never dried.

They have a store in Tesco Lotus too.

Edited by katasyd

A shop on the 3rd floor of Central Festival sells them, opp Supersports and the bookshop.

They have everything, latest games and accessories and will order game they don't have.

Some of the new games are pricey.

I have over 45 games now

Edit^^^^ that is the name of the store, The game never dried.

They have a store in Tesco Lotus too.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for all the info.. I am new to Phuket so does anybody know if I buy a PS3 and one the above mentioned stores do you get an international guarantee?

And does anybody know the price for the console and games at these stores because I saw that Sony Thailand have not yet released the PS3 in Thailand so does that mean it will be more expensive here?

Really appreciate all the info :o

And you still wont have any guarantee.. Unless you fly back to KL and wait while its repaired and fly back with it..

Posting them out for service will get huge amounts of import duty when sending it back in (I got caught sending a high end projector out the country for repair once) plus shipping, plus probably need a local address to register the repair to.

Mai mee wallantee.. Get used to it..

And you still wont have any guarantee.. Unless you fly back to KL and wait while its repaired and fly back with it..

Posting them out for service will get huge amounts of import duty when sending it back in (I got caught sending a high end projector out the country for repair once) plus shipping, plus probably need a local address to register the repair to.

Mai mee wallantee.. Get used to it..

You will find a lot of retailers (all round the world) offering international warranties these days and Sony is one of the foremost. I can only speak for Bangkok,

shopping at PanTip, MBK Central etc.

As said above if you purchase a "grey box" at a 2 sq meter hole in wall who can say?

From epxerience I would rather buy in Bangkok than KL.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for the Info Ray... I will be spending sometime in BKK soon so I am thinking of buying one there because the prices down in Phuket are way too steep.

Can you recommend any places that you may have seen them and do you by any chance remember how much they were going for.

Thanks

please do not go to the 'games never dried'

These guys are crooks.

Phuket town has about 10 shops on its main road selling ps3 at the lowest price you can find with a bunch of games(and the ps3 is modded)

Just walk around the TOT/CAT office towards robinson.

What happened with Games not dried (xbox 360 failure ??)..

I have nothing but good things to say about Prasit, always honest always genuine, always helpful.. I have had microsoft xbox isses and he has done his best to work with me round them, not entirely successfully.. But I cant really fault him for the consoles problem.

In every respect he has been at least honest.

his price are about 25% over other stores

Which other stores would those be on Phuket...

When I bought my 360 and a bunch of extras he price matched the best price I could find.. Of course he started high but he bartered the deal down to what people were paying in bangkok for local sales and service.

every single small console and manga toy store offers the same stuff for 10-25% less

OK sure.. but those would be where on phuket ??

Cos I might need another 360 and would love 25% cheaper than Prasits price, hel_l even 10%.. I want a local store I walk into and can deal with, cos those 360s break and I get a 1 year warranty from Prasit.

Sorry must have missed it.. And rereading the thread I dont see it either.

I am looking for a new 360 to buy on Phuket.. I would like to know what shops sell them here for 25% less than Prasit does as he is the best price / package I know of and yet you think thats a rip off, so you must know of somewhere substantially better on the island. Great..

Sadly I used to defend the 360 to people too, then mine broke after about 14 months of use.. My buddy who uses them all through his house as media center nodes has now gone through 4 of them including the new process chips which I thought were 'fixed' and an elite model.. 4 of them at 15 - 20k adds up !! Hence buying from a walk in shop with a warranty on this item is absolutely essential.

So what shop on the island has them here ??

I have only bought a wii and a ps3, im fairly certain 100% of them have 360 or can order them for cheap + modded with a bunch of games for free.

I already have explained how to get to some of them.

Edited by greenwood01

i think the shops greenwood is talking aobut are on the road that leads from the phuket jail to the big circle in town. it's on the same block as the Fantasia entertainment complex on the right hand side.

My friend swears by them for his PS2 needs.

I want to get and X360 and will defiantly compair before i plunk down money.

(still worried about the x360 failer rate)

Does anyone know the difference between the model currently on the Market here, I have noticed that there are PS3 80 GIG (Asia) and PS3 80 Gig (Singapore and Korea) and they are priced differently.

Which one would be better to buy here in Thailand?