Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

Grand looking place Thaicoon. Difficult to give an estimation on total cost as we can't see the internal finish and that can more than double the cost of any build. I would take a guess at 3,900,000 Baht for the basic build cost. This doesn't include A/C's, imported kitchens, elaborate built ins etc.... Is that close?

Love these homes with natural water features. One thing that puzzles me though is why do people want their garage so far from the house? Maybe I'm lazy but if it's raining and we're just returning from a big shopping trip I want to be close to that front door.... Is there a reason for the stand alone garage being there?

All inside is top notch, it would be rude of me to put pics of the inside on this forum, as not my house, one thing about my mate he has all the best materials and finishes, all air conditioned real nice wood staircase with gallery landing, real nice place, the cost he told me was 3 million baht, as it is in the pics, brilliant deal, looks big but only 3 bedroom.

My place cost me about 2.5 million 10 years ago when the baht was as high as 90 to the Pound, my place has 5 bedrooms.

Thaicoon,

What area is that house in? It's beautiful. Any idea what he paid for the land and how much it was?

The house is about 20k Outside Buriram, he has 3.5 rai of garden and another 9 rai behind of rice, it is in a nice spot, but to far out of town for me, not sure what he paid for the land, but was not big bucks, it is all down to Location, Location. further you are in the sticks, cheaper the land.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great selection of all types of homes.

My favourite so far is Monkey Pants as it's so hard to imaging getting a house built anywhere for 600,000 Baht. Especially of 160m!! Great deal for the money. Is that a lake or a river in front of your home? I always fancied a home right on a river......

It's a 1 rai lake/big pond.

Great for fishing in.

Yes I got a good deal on the house, Did all the sourcing of materials myself and employed local labour.

Very cheap, and a decent size home that suits are needs.

• 3 weeks later...
One more?

My Folly -

post-37414-1243750385_thumb.jpg

I say my.........

A really good looking home. Any pic. taken inside ?

Thank you. It's for sale in one rai at 7.9mn neg. if anyone is interested.

Inside is all wood floors except bathrooms and kitchen. Generally Thai Euro rather than Euro. Two bedrooms 4m x 5m. Plenty of space underneath for parking or buffalo or more living space.

The OP said one photo only so I won't post loads here. If you (or anyone) PMs me with an email address it would be easier to email them.

Thanks

Oh OK just a few then............

post-37414-1245583653_thumb.jpg

post-37414-1245583960_thumb.jpg

post-37414-1245584541_thumb.jpg

post-37414-1245584940_thumb.jpg

How about some pictures of our finished houses. Give the others an idea of how farangs actually live over here. A shack or a mansion, don't be shy. Just one representative shot of your dwelling without details of price or location. As they say a picture is worth ...

post-44431-1239777127_thumb.jpg

Are those flood lights you have on the wall facing the rice field?

How about some pictures of our finished houses. Give the others an idea of how farangs actually live over here. A shack or a mansion, don't be shy. Just one representative shot of your dwelling without details of price or location. As they say a picture is worth ...

We have flood lights for the driveway, front yard and the pond side. Only really use them when we have people over after dark. I prefer to walk the dog in the dark so I can see the stars. There is just enough light to walk around, from the street lights and one on the sala for attracting bugs to feed the fish.

Any particular reason for the question?

We have flood lights for the driveway, front yard and the pond side. Only really use them when we have people over after dark. I prefer to walk the dog in the dark so I can see the stars. There is just enough light to walk around, from the street lights and one on the sala for attracting bugs to feed the fish.

Hi

Fantastic house you have built for yourself. The reason I asked was it looks like you have flood lights on the rice field, I can't quite see properly. Are they lights?

Cheers

House.bmp

Hi

Fantastic house you have built for yourself. The reason I asked was it looks like you have flood lights on the rice field, I can't quite see properly. Are they lights?

Cheers

OKay, now I know what you are looking at. Those are flow-through blocks in the wall around the pond. The first two years we had floods, so walled in the pond. I was worried about the pressure on the wall so put those blocks in, with a mesh to keep the fish from passing through. So far so good.

All them Lovely Houses make my ( wife's ) Newish house look like A Shed.

3 Bed. Kitchen & Shower Room ( Western Toilet ) Low quality Fittings Doors Ect No Air con

Only 350.000 Excluding Land Price of A second Hand Car So No complaints

No plans to live here Perminantly.

Here She Is

Hey, pal. You sure you get it at 350,000Baht (building from scratch, a vacant land) excluding the land price? We are planning for one unit in Udon Thani, can you give me more contact detail? thanks

Guys question; I would like to build the house in Thailand by myself, can this cause problems with locals? Any problems in Thailand, with Foreigner building his own place?

Yes, it is illegal to work without a work permit and very unlikely that you could obtain a w/p anyway.

Do Thais also build houses with "straw" roofs? I really like it, it's very cool inside the house, with this type of roof.

Riet_730596b.gif

no problem, to build, but

think about the candels, going up to the sky,

the fire insurance wouldnt take the risk

Again, thanks to McFarang and Bails for sharing your house shots. I find myself wondering what all you guys are looking at from your lovely homes. View was a major consideration for us. Perhaps I will need to start a new thread about what we see form our windows, decks or yards. Not sure if people would be willing to share, however.

Again, thanks to McFarang and Bails for sharing your house shots. I find myself wondering what all you guys are looking at from your lovely homes. View was a major consideration for us. Perhaps I will need to start a new thread about what we see form our windows, decks or yards. Not sure if people would be willing to share, however.

Good Idea

In my case I have Cha Am mountain to the front and other mountains to the rear which are too wide to photo well.

post-31104-1246603101_thumb.jpg

Great pictures VF :)

If you want I can edit the thread title to include views too (and gardens as well since many of us seem to be in desperate need of a landscape gardener), maybe better than a new thread.

Give me a clue what you want it called :D

Up2U

Archived