Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry don't have pictures as such but recently had a visual tour done of our house. Works quite well for those with fast internet conections. House completed 2 years ago. Pattaya.....

http://www.virtually-media.com/property/To...eal-Estate.html

That is a very nice house Biggy. Do you care to share a few more details? Size, price?

Looks nice...Like something from MTV cribs :)

Well done. It must have cost a few quid?

RAZZ

Thanks for the compliments.... The house is around 550 sq.m. The basic house without finishes cost around 5,000,000 Baht. I gave up counting after that. Would guess the built-ins, kitchen, A/C's, tiling, furnishings, windows, doors, swimming pool etc almost doubled that figure!! Still feel we got a pretty good deal on most everything and have twice been offered considerably more to sell. No plans to sell as we designed the house ourselves and don't fancy going through the whole building process again. Luckily for me my missus took responsibility from the bare shell and managed to get some good guys to do the internals. Strange to say but the ceilings please me most about the home. I love high ceilings. Great airflow through the home with the void as well. Very proud of "her in doors" as that was all her idea.

Whow, that is some drum you got there guv!!

Amazing looking place and fittings, i'm going to send you a PM as I have a few questions regarding some things as to where one can pur-chase them!!

Jimmy

Thanks for the compliments.... The house is around 550 sq.m. The basic house without finishes cost around 5,000,000 Baht. I gave up counting after that. Would guess the built-ins, kitchen, A/C's, tiling, furnishings, windows, doors, swimming pool etc almost doubled that figure!! Still feel we got a pretty good deal on most everything and have twice been offered considerably more to sell. No plans to sell as we designed the house ourselves and don't fancy going through the whole building process again. Luckily for me my missus took responsibility from the bare shell and managed to get some good guys to do the internals. Strange to say but the ceilings please me most about the home. I love high ceilings. Great airflow through the home with the void as well. Very proud of "her in doors" as that was all her idea.

You should be proud, you've done a great job. I love high ceilings and big windows too :)

How long did it take?

Finally, who were the builders, if you don't mind giving them a "plug" ?

RAZZ

You should be proud, you've done a great job. I love high ceilings and big windows too :)

How long did it take?

Finally, who were the builders, if you don't mind giving them a "plug" ?

RAZZ

Sorry to say the builder of the structure is no longer in Thailand. He was English and shortly after finishing our house he went back to Blighty.

The structure took around 5 months and we moved in after 10 months. The finishes were done by various local contractors. Main ones being Euro Design, ARC, Home & Pool, Ornate Plastercraft along with many small guys for ceilings, tiling, painting, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
This is our humble home in the Isaan.

I like the colors.

Thank you!

That's a tidy home. Can I ask if it is easy to maintain so much wood? We have a spare bit of land and we are toying with the idea of puting a small wooden property on it but have concerns about the upkeep.

I lost my 4Mil Thai house through fraud, corruption and an inept (ex)wife unable to deal with the legal system to protect our home. Basically someone can screw you through the legal system and the court then seizes your assets and the other party gets them. Thus no way am I building/buying another house in Thailand unless its in my name and I can legally protect it from fraud. Until the Thais allow foreigners to own houses (well the land it sits on) I am quite happy renting in this country where we have few rights. You have been warned!

Another tip: don't build a house until you are legally married. If you build it on her land before you marry you in effect gave her a house and you don't have a legal leg to stand on (I tried this legally and lost).

For those of you who built a small house or a house you are happy to loose: you did the right thing.

Sorry about the sour grapes, but a wise man learns from other mistakes and does not make them himself.

Another tip: don't build a house until you are legally married. If you build it on her land before you marry you in effect gave her a house and you don't have a legal leg to stand on (I tried this legally and lost).

That would not have happened had you registered a 30 year lease from the land owner (your now ex-wife) to you prior to building the house. There are other threads on TV that indicate that it is now possible to immediately register a subsequent 30 year lease, effectively giving you protection for 60 years.

I lost my 4Mil Thai house through fraud, corruption and an inept (ex)wife unable to deal with the legal system to protect our home. Basically someone can screw you through the legal system and the court then seizes your assets and the other party gets them. Thus no way am I building/buying another house in Thailand unless its in my name and I can legally protect it from fraud. Until the Thais allow foreigners to own houses (well the land it sits on) I am quite happy renting in this country where we have few rights. You have been warned!

For those of you who built a small house or a house you are happy to loose: you did the right thing.

Sorry about the sour grapes, but a wise man learns from other mistakes and does not make them himself.

Wise words but most likely to fall on deaf ears.

You'll get one of two responses:

1) "My wife is different - for one we'd never separate and just supposing that we did, she wouldn't fight me for my money - she's not like that".

2) "If it did all go sour, i'd just walk away - i don't care about the money".

Both responses seem daft to me but at the end of the day, we all make our own choices and live by them.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Whilst the question of ownership is a very valid one, this is a thread intended for people to show their homes. Let's not turn it into a "how to protect your interests" discussion, there are after all many other suitable threads, or why not start a new one, it's free :)

Ladies and Gentlemen.

Whilst the question of ownership is a very valid one, this is a thread intended for people to show their homes. Let's not turn it into a "how to protect your interests" discussion, there are after all many other suitable threads, or why not start a new one, it's free :)

Fair point. Actually despite my stated reservations about investing in property here, i am very much enjoying seeing the beautiful abodes some have had built here - some are indeed stunning - keep them coming.

Great selection of all types of homes.

My favourite so far is Monkey Pants as it's so hard to imaging getting a house built anywhere for 600,000 Baht. Especially of 160m!! Great deal for the money. Is that a lake or a river in front of your home? I always fancied a home right on a river......

post-82766-1243500992_thumb.jpg

This is "Our Sweet Home" at Rayong.3 bed,3 bathroom, all window-door are UPVC .

Thats a lovely house Mickey. May I ask the width and length/depth of the house and its cost?

Many Thanks Paul

post-9688-1243607185_thumb.jpg

My place, all finished now, been built 10 years, this is a pic i took about 5 years ago , it is very important you keep the maintanance up and use good quality paint, not like the thais they build something and thats it, no maintanance, look at some of the hotels.

We have repainted it twice in 10 years, the guys have just finished it in March, and very pleased with the work, but the price of paint was 70,000 baht, Used Dulux and Hamerite to do the Gates etc. guys are now putting the drive down and building a garage, at last.

post-9688-1243608107_thumb.jpg

post-9688-1243608622_thumb.jpg

Thought i would let you guys see this house of a mate of mine, built this year, i was really impressed and the cost, he had a damm good deal on this, have a guess how much guys. finished off to a high standard. a bit in the sticks but nice spot.

post-9688-1243608722_thumb.jpg

Grand looking place Thaicoon. Difficult to give an estimation on total cost as we can't see the internal finish and that can more than double the cost of any build. I would take a guess at 3,900,000 Baht for the basic build cost. This doesn't include A/C's, imported kitchens, elaborate built ins etc.... Is that close?

Love these homes with natural water features. One thing that puzzles me though is why do people want their garage so far from the house? Maybe I'm lazy but if it's raining and we're just returning from a big shopping trip I want to be close to that front door.... Is there a reason for the stand alone garage being there?

Grand looking place Thaicoon. Difficult to give an estimation on total cost as we can't see the internal finish and that can more than double the cost of any build. I would take a guess at 3,900,000 Baht for the basic build cost. This doesn't include A/C's, imported kitchens, elaborate built ins etc.... Is that close?

Love these homes with natural water features. One thing that puzzles me though is why do people want their garage so far from the house? Maybe I'm lazy but if it's raining and we're just returning from a big shopping trip I want to be close to that front door.... Is there a reason for the stand alone garage being there?

All inside is top notch, it would be rude of me to put pics of the inside on this forum, as not my house, one thing about my mate he has all the best materials and finishes, all air conditioned real nice wood staircase with gallery landing, real nice place, the cost he told me was 3 million baht, as it is in the pics, brilliant deal, looks big but only 3 bedroom.

My place cost me about 2.5 million 10 years ago when the baht was as high as 90 to the Pound, my place has 5 bedrooms.

All inside is top notch, it would be rude of me to put pics of the inside on this forum, as not my house, one thing about my mate he has all the best materials and finishes, all air conditioned real nice wood staircase with gallery landing, real nice place, the cost he told me was 3 million baht, as it is in the pics, brilliant deal, looks big but only 3 bedroom.

My place cost me about 2.5 million 10 years ago when the baht was as high as 90 to the Pound, my place has 5 bedrooms.

Thaicoon,

What area is that house in? It's beautiful. Any idea what he paid for the land and how much it was?

Dear Mr Soic I Think your house is stunning. Love the wood, And the Gates Iron work are Superb.

Concrete dont do anything for me. Although Our ( Wifes ) Little shed is a 350.000 Baht Concrete Thing.

Posted Early on in this Thread.

If I was living here full time I would like a House like yours.

Archived