Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

Great pictures VF :)

If you want I can edit the thread title to include views too (and gardens as well since many of us seem to be in desperate need of a landscape gardener), maybe better than a new thread.

Give me a clue what you want it called :D

Up2U

Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome) Show us what you're looking at and what we should be looking for.

Maybe some or all of the above could be incorporated. Thanks.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome) Show us what you're looking at and what we should be looking for.

Owzat!! :)

My little place outside Roi-Et. Sorry . . . the wife's little place outside Roi-Et. I'm just the gardener and financier.

Still got the back garden to do. Some pics a bit old, but overcast now, so pics would be a bit glum.

Some of you guys have amazing houses, nice! Mines basic, about 1700 sq.ft inside. Any more and I pull my hair out cleaning up after the kids.

For those of you wanting to design a house, try Google SketchUp, 3D modelling software. I learnt it in about 6 hours and if I can do it anyone can. Using it for design work now in my job. It's very good.

http://www.filehippo.com/search?q=sketchup

Mower_.pdf

Back_garden.pdf

Office.pdf

post-62129-1246682306_thumb.jpg

Plants_and_flowers.pdf

Dear Mr Soic I Think your house is stunning. Love the wood, And the Gates Iron work are Superb.

Concrete dont do anything for me. Although Our ( Wifes ) Little shed is a 350.000 Baht Concrete Thing.

Posted Early on in this Thread.

If I was living here full time I would like a House like yours.

Thank you! We find it very cozy... it's one of those situations where; it's enough. Not wanting or trying to impress; just live comfortably.

Thank you again!

Do Thais also build houses with "straw" roofs?..............

no problem, to build, but

think about the candels, going up to the sky,

the fire insurance wouldnt take the risk

Not to mention all the little critters that would presumably move in sooner or later.

I think the rice straw you see on shacks has a pretty short life.

My house in one rai - now B6.9m

post-37414-1247376397_thumb.jpg

and the view

post-37414-1247375983_thumb.jpg

post-47967-1247405003_thumb.jpgpost-47967-1247405003_thumb.jpg

Cho Lae, Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai

Beautiful villa! Pool ?

How far is it to Chiang Mai ? 1 hour...1 1/2 ?

Looking at Google map is looks like your area is situated between 2 mountain groups. Do you have any influence by the problems when the farmers burn their crop garbage ?

LaoPo

Beautiful villa! Pool ?

How far is it to Chiang Mai ? 1 hour...1 1/2 ?

Looking at Google map is looks like your area is situated between 2 mountain groups. Do you have any influence by the problems when the farmers burn their crop garbage ?

LaoPo

Small spa pool. You can find more pics on google.

One hour from Chiang Mai straight up the 107 then take the signed turn towards Mae Ngat reservoir. We are 2km from the reservoir with views over the Sri Lanna national park.

No real problems with burning to date

I notice the absence of window grills or bars on nearly all the houses in this topic.

Do you guys sleep with a .45 or 9mm under your pillow?

I'm not joking.

Obviously we choose not to live a life of fear. It might also have something to do with where we have chosen to live. Some of us don't even have walls around the property. Nurture a good relationship with your neighbors and never leave your home unattended for any length of time. A little good will goes a long way.

Now lets get back to the lovely house pictures.

I notice the absence of window grills or bars on nearly all the houses in this topic.

Do you guys sleep with a .45 or 9mm under your pillow?

I'm not joking.

Obviously we choose not to live a life of fear. It might also have something to do with where we have chosen to live. Some of us don't even have walls around the property. Nurture a good relationship with your neighbors and never leave your home unattended for any length of time. A little good will goes a long way.

Now lets get back to the lovely house pictures.

:):D:D

Since you have been so helpful, here is another one for you. How can we best incorporate the following album into this thread? Finished House Pictures . In a blog, the pictures can go directly onto the page in a slideshow format, which is more attractive and accessible than the album itself. Any ideas?

Since you have been so helpful, here is another one for you. How can we best incorporate the following album into this thread? Finished House Pictures . In a blog, the pictures can go directly onto the page in a slideshow format, which is more attractive and accessible than the album itself. Any ideas?

Me and my mouth :D

Anyway, we're working on it, I have no idea how to do it (anyone?) so I've asked the other mods/admin to assist.

A slideshow is a nice thing for this type of presentation but unfortunately it seems not possible to embed it in a post. The nearest I can get to it is to attach the title photo -- or any other photo -- of the album and make this a live link to the starting page of the album:

med_gallery_44431_1126_180736.jpg

I can't see a way to make the slideshow start to run automatically when clicking on the linked picture.

An alternative would be to upload all pictures into an album on photobucket, where I believe one can get a link that starts the album automatically. One oddity I have seen with photobucket is that the latest picture uploaded to the album will be the first to display in the slideshow, ie the pictures display in reverse chronological order, and if there is a way to change the order I have not found it yet.

--

Maestro

I notice the absence of window grills or bars on nearly all the houses in this topic.........................................

In my case, the glazed units are on the outside - so I can open them.

The hinged mosquito netted frames are on the inside - so I can open them.

The ornate steel security frames are bolted between the two - so you can't see them in the photo's.

The wooden glazed doors are on the outside and the sliding steel mosquito meshed security is on the inside.

People planning to break in can see it OK.

post-37414-1247584705_thumb.jpgpost-37414-1247585058_thumb.jpg

I've lived with security on the outside (so you could see it) but you could only open the windows about 3 inches.

I didn't like it. I didn't think it looked nice either. Up2U.

I love the way this house looks. :D Do you have a floor plan for it? Where did you find the plans for this house? Don't worry its not like I want to try to one up you Mike 44

Mike 45 :)

• 2 weeks later...
All them Lovely Houses make my ( wife's ) Newish house look like A Shed.

3 Bed. Kitchen & Shower Room ( Western Toilet ) Low quality Fittings Doors Ect No Air con

Only 350.000 Excluding Land Price of A second Hand Car So No complaints

No plans to live here Perminantly.

Here She Is

Is that 350,000 baht price the cost of the house? Or am I missing something? $10,298.00 USD?... Is that possible?

Thanks for the comment,

We live in Bangkok and the house (built in 2001) is a "weekender". I want to move up there permanently but my wife still wants to live in Bangkok. In fact we have recently built a new two houses linked together and intend to have a small resort / homestay as we have 5 rai on the riverbank so lots of privacy even with people around. I've attached another two pics, one of the whole property and one of the new "guest house" (a lot different to the original house and its my template for any houses we build in the future as its turned out so well although not as "traditional" as the original house).

post-62653-1248835338_thumb.jpg

post-62653-1248835301_thumb.jpg

Funny how we learn so much in the process of building a house. By the time we are finished, we have a million ideas about how to do it better...next time. Unfortunately for us, we can't really afford a next time. That said, we really enjoy living in the house we built.

Either you or your architect, or both, have developed a beautifully finished product.

Thanks for the comment,

We live in Bangkok and the house (built in 2001) is a "weekender". I want to move up there permanently but my wife still wants to live in Bangkok. In fact we have recently built a new two houses linked together and intend to have a small resort / homestay as we have 5 rai on the riverbank so lots of privacy even with people around. I've attached another two pics, one of the whole property and one of the new "guest house" (a lot different to the original house and its my template for any houses we build in the future as its turned out so well although not as "traditional" as the original house).

Man, that is beautiful, well done.

I also consider becoming a homestay in the future. There are a few around Isaan, seeming to cover a wide range of quality. It seems to me there would be much to be gained for a sharing of information that could lead to joint promotion etc. I believe a 'circuit' of quality homestays offering unique attractions and within easy road travel distance would attract a niche market. My question - have you looked at the legal/business structure requirements to make the change from residence to business?

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the comment,

I agree that this house is lovely and in a wonderful setting. I don't have anything to show at the moment, but one day hope to add to this thread, if it is still going! It will be many years down the road and I am still trying to decide on a design! Wod would be nice like this house, but then the termites are a problem where I plan to build. Already have the land in Wang Naem Khiew. Then comes trying to find trustworthy and reliable builders etc..... Thanks to everyone for sharing though, there really are some great houses around.

Thanks for the comment,

Beautiful. Well done.

RAZZ

side angle hmm how to rotate these?

You have to rotate the image before you upload it. Any photo editing software will do it, even Vista can do it (right click on your photo file, choose rotate).

Here you go :)

post-14979-1239806905_thumb.jpg

Nice, how big is this mansion? :D

looks much better this way up :-)

pauls pad

Hi Paul,

That's a nice little house you have there. Do you mind sharing how many square meters or configuration, or other details - floor plan? I'm looking to build a vacation place in Korat on some land we have and yours looks to be a nice design. I like the single story model, especially with high ceilings, big windows, good outside covered areas.

Thanks

Archived