Another Cebu Pacific Nightmare Story

fm2002

Well I'm sure everybody remembers when the airport closed to protesters a few months back. Well I was one of many who had a ticket out. Mine was on Cebu Pacific to Clark, Philippines. As this was just a trip for fun I wasn't to disturbed when I couldn't go. Especially when they promised to return my full fare. Well it's been what 4 months and still no refund. Everytime I call I'm told still no money from Cebu please call back. Today they actually told me at least 2 more months. As Cebu doesn't have a company here in Thailand, but just agents there really isn't any recourse. Great prices, but if anything goes wrong or you have to make changes you better just forget it !

Well I'm sure everybody remembers when the airport closed to protesters a few months back. Well I was one of many who had a ticket out. Mine was on Cebu Pacific to Clark, Philippines. As this was just a trip for fun I wasn't to disturbed when I couldn't go. Especially when they promised to return my full fare. Well it's been what 4 months and still no refund. Everytime I call I'm told still no money from Cebu please call back. Today they actually told me at least 2 more months. As Cebu doesn't have a company here in Thailand, but just agents there really isn't any recourse. Great prices, but if anything goes wrong or you have to make changes you better just forget it !

If you didn't this is one reason you should always pay with credit card even if a few dollars more.

If you didn't this is one reason you should always pay with credit card even if a few dollars more.

I always do except, of course this time. My card had expired and was awaiting the replacement from my home country.

Sorry about your predicament. I have taken this same flight 2-3 times over the past few years without incident. However, I have heard about instances where flights have been canceled because of a plane breakdown and, as they just have a single plane on this route flying 2-3 times per week, such can be a real pain in the arse. The rescheduling has to be for a few days later and this is not always convenient or possible.

As your cancellation was due to "civil strife," I am not sure the airline would be responsible as it was impossible for them to complete the contract, even though there were willing to do so. At least they have offered to refund the tix price...that's nice of them.

With their cheap fares, you kinda have to take the bargain and keep you fingers crossed. It it's vital you fly on your departure date, stick with Thai or PAL.

• 2 weeks later...