Dual Citizenship For College Student

My son, 19, is a dual citizen, USA and Thai. His mother is Thai.

He attends ABAC here on his Thai Passport. We want him to continue carrying 2 passports as long as possible so he can continue living here on his Thai Passport.

We don't want to give up the US citizenship either.

I'm sure he would be able to give up the Thai passport then merely get a student visa if necessary.

My question is how long can he carry 2 passports without claiming one or the other as citizenship ?

I asked at the US Embassy this same question and was told he could carry 2 passports as long as he wanted, but I'm not sure I trust that answer.

Yes, both countries allow dual citizenship. Do note that he might get drafted for the Thai army.

Yes, we are aware of the Army draft, althought as his Thai language abilities are limited, (he can speak it but cannot read or write Thai), I would believe that he wouldn't be much use in the Army and would probably be disqualified from service.

Yes, both countries allow dual citizenship. Do note that he might get drafted for the Thai army.

Yes, we are aware of the Army draft, althought as his Thai language abilities are limited, (he can speak it but cannot read or write Thai), I would believe that he wouldn't be much use in the Army and would probably be disqualified from service.

no, the intelligence services would take him in a sec if he got drafted, otherwise, any part of the army which had to do international relations. Best check with the sasadee if not reading or writing is a way out!