Car Insurance?

What does the compulsory insurance that comes with a new car include.

I have looked at various threads but find it difficult to be sure what is or is not covered

Cheers

Rob

Compulsory covers just about nothing, 3rd party injury only and with a pitiful limit (50-80k I think). If you have a new car buy comprehensive insurance, still very reasonable compared with European countries (can't answer for the US).

Your car dealer will be able to assist with getting your insurance package.

What does the compulsory insurance that comes with a new car include.

I have looked at various threads but find it difficult to be sure what is or is not covered

Cheers

Rob

Compulsory covers just about nothing, 3rd party injury only and with a pitiful limit (50-80k I think). If you have a new car buy comprehensive insurance, still very reasonable compared with European countries (can't answer for the US).

Your car dealer will be able to assist with getting your insurance package.

[/quote Bodily injury on yourself 10,000bht. This was an at fault accident when wife rolled car.

Thanks ajahnlau, I stand corrected, it would appear that compulsory covers basic medical for all injured parties. Still a pitiful limit though, but what do you expect for 800 or so Baht.

Additional insurance is still a smart idea as the compulsory does not cover for any vehicle damage no matter who's fault the shunt was.