Another Ssr Run Folks, Planning Stage

Bard

Another run?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ wish i could bard.....bikes in the paint shop for a couple of weeks

Ant this trip is in May. Ur bike will be ready by then for sure!

ah i see....well even still i got the 8th off. will it kick off on the 8th?

Dunno waiting for confirmation.

U still having the bike done in candy pink?

Ah, I didn't mention that I have classes from Sunday to Friday :o I'd skip Sunday but it's one of those classes where you get utterly confused if you miss a lesson (accounting!).

Tony... is that real??? where's my chequebook...

No wait... THIS is the real deal:

28-full-r1_lovely_pink.jpg

Edited by Zzinged

OK for the startup we could start afternoon 7th sleepover in Trat, get early(ish) to S'Ville, then do Phon Phen and for the guys who have to work we return to LOS the 10th so they can get back to work in time, rest of us will go up guess sleepover in Korat or KK which is acceptable spots for trenty, or go all the way to the border at Bung Kan, that can be a bit to far for some people so Korat or KK as backup. Hit the Laos border very early in the morning at Bung Kan and spend all day getting sorted over to Paxxan (hopefully 11th) or 12th I have no idea where to go from there, close by to sleep I guess, then the capitol awaits, can return over the friendship bridge... Should be back in LOS again by the weekend... That's for the guys who go all the way.

rough plan... fine with everyone?

Cheers Bard

Or start early from bangers for you guys, meeting up with me and sned in Chantaburi and go to S'Ville. As more the merrier.

Can everyone start afternoon 7th?

If not Early as fok on the 8th for bangers guys...

Cheers Bard

Who Else?

Hey sned, if you're on you can join me buzzing around Patts and Rayong for nice routes, I'm home the 27th give me a day to get over the travel and I'm ready to ride.

Sounds good contact me when your out and about. Wait emmm i need to figure out to send you my number to PM....

And for the trip how much stuff do you all take with you, I need to tell my mum how much pants to pack.

Sounds good contact me when your out and about. Wait emmm i need to figure out to send you my number to PM....

And for the trip how much stuff do you all take with you, I need to tell my mum how much pants to pack.

Great PM me your number, as I am changing my mobile when I come home so I'll have a new number I don't know yet. So I'll give you a call.

Well DON'T ask Trent what to pack, he packs facial rubs and all sorts of unmanly things and is filled to the brim on his 46 liter Givi box.

I pack light 4 socks, 4 undies, 3 - 4 t-shirts, 2 pants, 1 pair of shorts, flipflops. And the riding gear, gloves, helmet, jacket, boots, maybe pants. Toiletry, just bang in for laundry as often as you can to keep clean clothes around and you're fine. Express laundry for my stuff runs cheap anyways.

I think Tony only packs a toothbrush tho :o

Hey Trent you still got the liner for my mesh jacket?

I'm in for a long-weekend and especially interested in a Cambo run. Is it possible to ride to Siam Reap (Angkor Wat)? Distance wise it's a day trip if the border can be crossed. :o

We are warned that the road there is just mud so our streetbikes will probably not like that route.

Plan was to get to Trat then do the Koh Kong border crossing and a paved road down to S'Ville which is a great place at the sea, I am up for a run to Phom Phen the day after for some more nice experiences, then hit down to Koh Kong border crossing again and back out to LOS. All this is paved roads. The Aranyapratet road towards Siam Reap is not paved red mud in the rainy season from the last I read about it so maybe next run in the dry season?

Of course you're in... Will be a blast man...

It was an experience riding with the SSR groovers last time, very noisy energy and vibe and all that but a big 'no way' this time from me.

very noisy energy and vibe ==== Trenty :D

I hope he didnt mean all of us or i could take offense very easily..

We wouldn't want that would we! :o

But yes nuclear fission of the Agent of Chaos aka Trent certainly was firing on all rods!

Well DON'T ask Trent what to pack, he packs facial rubs and all sorts of unmanly things and is filled to the brim on his 46 liter Givi box.

I pack light 4 socks, 4 undies, 3 - 4 t-shirts, 2 pants, 1 pair of shorts, flipflops. And the riding gear, gloves, helmet, jacket, boots, maybe pants. Toiletry, just bang in for laundry as often as you can to keep clean clothes around and you're fine. Express laundry for my stuff runs cheap anyways.

I think Tony only packs a toothbrush tho :D

Toothbrush?! hel_l, REAL men use a toothpick! :wai:

"In days of old when men were bold

and toilets weren't invented,

Men wiped their asses with leaves and grasses

and walked away contented" :D:D:D:o

He is fine, remember when he did the riverdance in the curves after Doi Inthanon :o but feet down and tapping around, I thought he was scared then I realized it was Irish Riverdance we witnessed.

You guys go ahead on the nice Isan trip have fun and be safe.

I researched a bit on the upcoming SSR and here is another idea in the brewing

Start as planned, the guys who has to go back to work can go back via Koh Kong on Sunday, the rest could go to Stung Treng from Phom Phen which is supposed to be the best paved road in Cambo, do the border to Laos there and follow the main road to Vientiane, and either pop back over the to Udon, or if the roads are paved continue and go back over the border at Chiang Khong, which is nearby Mea Sai, do the reverse Mae Hong Son route back home to bangers???

Feedback, I know there will be at least 2 - 3 guys only for the weekend so they're safe together on the way home and the Epic team is at least 3 riders (hopefully more)

So what do you guys think about that one?

Cheers Bard

Start as planned, the guys who has to go back to work can go back via Koh Kong on Sunday, the rest could go to Stung Treng from Phom Phen which is supposed to be the best paved road in Cambo, do the border to Laos there and follow the main road to Vientiane, and either pop back over the to Udon, or if the roads are paved continue and go back over the border at Chiang Khong, which is nearby Mea Sai, do the reverse Mae Hong Son route back home to bangers???

Wow Bard- that sounds truly EPIC! :o

I'm guessing a trip like that would take a minimum of 10-14 days and I regret that I don't think I'll be able to stay away from work that long next month... I can realistically get away for up to a week... I know you'll have plenty of time off, but I suspect everyone else will have some work obligations...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Just left the bike in for a quick splash n dash :o .. all going well it will out by friday evening and ill be ready to ride sat AM..

Trent is also waiting for his engine transplant to be completed and all going we`ll be all ready by friday..

How is everyone else for sat AM??

Hey i just spotted trent on the honda dream..isnt it kinda funny , trent spends almost a million baht on superbikes and he`s only got a hardy honda dream to show for it...hee hee.

OK in that case let's go for plan a)

BKK meet up in Chantaburi with the rest Trat Koh Kong S'Ville night over and IF everyone is up for it S'Ville Phom Phen night over then back to Koh Kong and homewards for all the ones who need to go to work. The rest can take it from there...

OR plan :o

Which is the same to Phom Phen, then instead of hitting home we would do Strung Treng One night (Sunday), Laos up to Vang Tao night over (Monday), then to Savannakhet night (Tuesday) over the border and home if commitments require (home Wednesday) or continue to Pakxan night over (Wednesday) then to Vietniane sleepover (Thursday) hit LOS and Sleepover in Khon Kaen or Korat (Friday) and home on Saturday... So the family and business can be nutured. I will then be on Bira on Sunday for all the weekenders, and BTW it's free hotels in Pattaya now so there is no excuse for not going there.

What about that one Tony?

Just left the bike in for a quick splash n dash :o .. all going well it will out by friday evening and ill be ready to ride sat AM..

Trent is also waiting for his engine transplant to be completed and all going we`ll be all ready by friday..

How is everyone else for sat AM??

Hey i just spotted trent on the honda dream..isnt it kinda funny , trent spends almost a million baht on superbikes and he`s only got a hardy honda dream to show for it...hee hee.

hey Pete, since your bikes in the shop what will you be riding around on for the next few days? my honda wave seems kinda appealing now doesnt it?

Brilliant need the liner in case of rain, will use my waterproof riding pants for the journey. So when you guys hide under a roof I can ride around in circles

Pete, you can borrow my mountain bike to get around :o