The Battle Of East And West: Pacquiao Vs Hatton!

Huggy, the first guy took Pacquiao down, he knocked him out in the 3rd round with a body shot (Hatton is one of the best body punchers in the world)

Ledwaba - hardly a world beater, tell me his best wins? Since the Pac fight he has lost 4 of 7

Hussein - again, who are he best wins, he has lost everytime against world class, scott harrison and Oscar Larios both beat him also

Barrera - these were two great wins for pac, and yes barrera is better technically than hatton, but these fights were at featherweight not light welter

Marquez - first fight a draw, despite Marquez being down 3 times in the first, 2nd fight a SD win for Pac (could have easily gone the other way) and again at much lighter weights than Hatton.

Hatton's record is comparable and in Tszyu, Vince Phillips, Collanzo, Mayweather, Castillo you could argue he has faced bigger punchers than anyone on Pac's record.

The Hatton/Pac fight is a great match up. Power and Size for Hatton (don't forget he has never lost at 140) against the speed and southpaw stance of Pac (Hatton does have trouble with Southpaws) its a great looking match up, could go either way for me, but style wise if Pac comes looking for Hatton I think he will get KO'ed and I think Hatton is gonna win.

Huggy, the first guy took Pacquiao down, he knocked him out in the 3rd round with a body shot (Hatton is one of the best body punchers in the world)

Ledwaba - hardly a world beater, tell me his best wins? Since the Pac fight he has lost 4 of 7

Hussein - again, who are he best wins, he has lost everytime against world class, scott harrison and Oscar Larios both beat him also

Barrera - these were two great wins for pac, and yes barrera is better technically than hatton, but these fights were at featherweight not light welter

Marquez - first fight a draw, despite Marquez being down 3 times in the first, 2nd fight a SD win for Pac (could have easily gone the other way) and again at much lighter weights than Hatton.

Hatton's record is comparable and in Tszyu, Vince Phillips, Collanzo, Mayweather, Castillo you could argue he has faced bigger punchers than anyone on Pac's record.

The Hatton/Pac fight is a great match up. Power and Size for Hatton (don't forget he has never lost at 140) against the speed and southpaw stance of Pac (Hatton does have trouble with Southpaws) its a great looking match up, could go either way for me, but style wise if Pac comes looking for Hatton I think he will get KO'ed and I think Hatton is gonna win.

I thought it interesting that Hatton said this week that had he fought Manny a few fights ago, he couldn't beat him, but now, unless he has it all wrong, he thinks he can't lose. That is a big admission for a world class fighter to say and you do begin to wonder if Hatton's new found confidence transfers into the ring. He is being trained by Mayweather Sr., and it has only come from his last few months training that he now thinks he can beat Manny. Manny, on the other hand, has had no doubt about what he would do to Hatton from the beginning.

It will be an interesting fight, but I think Manny in a TKO in the 8th or 9th.

Hatton is a famed body puncher.

As for says who, you might want to start with asking Castillo.....

Quote from the Times on that fight:

With a wicked left hook to the liver – a punch synonymous with the greatest Mexican fighters – Ricky Hatton stopped Jose Luis Castillo in the fourth round to retain the world light welterweight title at the Thomas and Mack Centre.

If the fight was anti-climactic, this was nothing to do with 28-year-old Hatton who dominated his Mexican challenger from the opening bell before delivering what promoter Bob Arum described as “the perfect punch”.

The 33-year-old from Mexicali, clearly in agony, spun around from the effect of the blow before going down on his right knee. He remained in this position until referee Joe Cortez completed the count at 2:16 of the round, which delighted the majority of the 13,044 in attendance, up to 9,000 of whom had flown in from Britain to support the Hitman from Manchester who underlined his status as one of the world’s best fighters.

So Bob Arum (Pacquaio's promoter) says Hatton has a pretty good body attack........

Edited by Marksamui

i give hatton very slim chance to get past pacquiao because of age and speed considerations. the pacman simply has got better capacity to receive whatever is being thrown into him. he dealt heavy body-punchers before and ended up victorious. let's pray for ricky boy to finish this battle without any serious injuries though :)

Edited by josuede

I am sure it is easy for those of us that predicted that Manny would win by a KO to say we told you so, but the interesting thing after the fight was the interview with Freddie Roach. He said they noticed on film that Hatton cocks his hands before throwing a punch giving Manny a full second to hit him first. Freddie said with Manny's speed, that would be more than enough time.

Having seen Lazcano rock Hatton twice with only his referee saving him in the 10th (comments I made several times earlier in this thread), I felt that Hatton's chin was suspect. I think it surprised everyone though at how quickly Hatton did go down in the first.

Roach had predicted Manny would knock Hatton out in the third and said in the post fight interview that he wasn't surprised by the quick ending. I was as I thought Manny wouldn't get to Hatton until the 8th or 9th, but the outcome really was never in doubt. Hatton has been going downhill since the Tszyu fight and now really doesn't have much to look forward to. At least he made USD 8 million in this fight.

He said they noticed on film that Hatton cocks his hands before throwing a punch giving Manny a full second to hit him

That's exactlywhat you saw with the first knockdown, Hatton was only halfway through his thrown punch when Manny dropped him with his right hand. His right........

Had to love the knockout; did you see Hatton's lights just go out when that left crumpled his chin?

Devastation, annihilation

He said they noticed on film that Hatton cocks his hands before throwing a punch giving Manny a full second to hit him

That's exactlywhat you saw with the first knockdown, Hatton was only halfway through his thrown punch when Manny dropped him with his right hand. His right........

Had to love the knockout; did you see Hatton's lights just go out when that left crumpled his chin?

Devastation, annihilation

I do remember you saying don't blink. I didn't, but I guess Hatton did. Hatton went down like a ton of bricks, but he really was already through after the beating he took in the first round. There is no question Hatton missed his ref from Manchester who would have found some excuse to drag Manny off of him for a few minutes.

Hey, Hatton can no longer say he has never lost at 140. Those bragging rights are gone.

i told you so! don't blink!!

l_9ffeacf6935241728229818ec252286e.gif

Ricky cocks that left hook a second too slow, Pac getting inside that sweeping hook with a lightning-quick, short counter right hook. bam!

Edited by ai kwaan

i told you so! don't blink!!

l_9ffeacf6935241728229818ec252286e.gif

Ricky cocks that left hook a second too slow, Pac getting inside that sweeping hook with a lightning-quick, short counter right hook. bam!

Where Hatton goes from here? He is only 30, so has a lot left. I imagine he would want to stay at 140 as the big guns are at 147 (Cotto and Margarito). Personally, I would hate to see him go back to fighting European bums in London as this kind of fighter is good for the sport. Also, he can still beat a lot of fighters, just not the big hitters.

Hatton should win this by KO.

Pacquiao probably does not have the power at 140 to trouble Hatton. Hatton will be the biggest man Pacquiao has fought who has been rocked and KO'ed at much lightly weights. Hatton to stop him (2nd half of the fight) in a decent WAR.....

Marksamui, comments now?

wow..my own prediction almost made me a 21st century nostradamus! watching the ko vid over and over uttering "down goes the brit flag on hatton's butt!". :)

As opposed to the yank bums who prance around as heavy weights !

Where Hatton goes from here? He is only 30, so has a lot left. I imagine he would want to stay at 140 as the big guns are at 147 (Cotto and Margarito). Personally, I would hate to see him go back to fighting European bums in London as this kind of fighter is good for the sport. Also, he can still beat a lot of fighters, just not the big hitters.

It was said many years ago that Hattons all action style would mean he would only be in his prime for a few years, and last nights performance showed that maybe his prime has past.

He could go and fight the winner or loser even of Cotto and Margarito at 140 or 147 the weight wouldnt really be an issue if the moneys right, but he's made millions, still has his brain intact so IMO its probably better if he retires as it would only be fighting for the money now, he's showed what his level is but unfortunately for him in Mayweather and Pacquiao are without doubt 2 of the greatest fighters in history.

If the fight did last the distance last night he'd could have been severely damaged, even with that final punch i worried as he just didnt move for what seemed quite a while, adn when they lifted him and first showed his face he looked fcuked.

It was said many years ago that Hattons all action style would mean he would only be in his prime for a few years, and last nights performance showed that maybe his prime has past.

He could go and fight the winner or loser even of Cotto and Margarito at 140 or 147 the weight wouldnt really be an issue if the moneys right, but he's made millions, still has his brain intact so IMO its probably better if he retires as it would only be fighting for the money now, he's showed what his level is but unfortunately for him in Mayweather and Pacquiao are without doubt 2 of the greatest fighters in history.

If the fight did last the distance last night he'd could have been severely damaged, even with that final punch i worried as he just didnt move for what seemed quite a while, adn when they lifted him and first showed his face he looked fcuked.

Did you see the undercard championship fight?

What do you think about Soto vs. Hatton for Soto's belt? I think that would be an interesting matchup.

Did you see the undercard championship fight?

What do you think about Soto vs. Hatton for Soto's belt? I think that would be an interesting matchup.

That would be an interesting fight. I doubt Hatton will want to go out this way. If he is offered a belt in his first fight back, that would be hard to refuse.