Mozbackup For Firefox

sbk

found this great freeware program called mozbackup.

It backs up all your passwords, cookies, bookmarks etc. and restores as well

So, when I thought my laptop might be gone for a few days I backed up my firefox to a USB stick, created a new profile for firefox on my husband's laptop and restored the backup to that profile. Have to say the extensions didn't seem to work on it but the passwords, and everything else, being saved was a major bonus.

To create a new profile go to run type in firefox -P and ok

then follow the instructions. If you want to be able to choose which one when you start firefox be sure to uncheck don't ask at startup. Its also possible to save this to your desktop and I was looking at firefox addons for profile switching but got my laptop back from the shop before I could finish :o

@Twais: What are the advantages of Mozbackup over Xmarks (formerly Foxmarks) or are they doing the same thing?

Have not used Xmarks so can't give a comparison of the two. This is a snapshot of what Mozbackup does save for you and it does it for both Firefox and Thunderbird both of which I use. This is a snapshot for Thunderbird options.

post-566-1240395749_thumb.jpg

It essentially makes a snapshot of all aspects of FF and Thunderbird so full recovery if a failure is painless. This includes all extensions/addons you may have integrated into it over time.