Nissan Skyline Gtr Engine

wow, bro's come on, lets keep it civil.

we are talking about modifications, everyone has there opinions,

but we are not here to say what is wronge or right,

but just to help out.....

pattayaterrier, have you decided to go for the 2jz?

i was just thinking do you want your project to be rear wheel driven or at all 4wheels?

if you want fulltime 4wd, i was thinking of the Mitsubishi gto motor, a 3.5L v6 twin turbo, produces around 300-320hp stock.

comes with full time 4wd. its rather heavy engine and tranmission etc, but i think for the track it would be better if you dont really want to exceed 500-600hp. at the same time, due to the heavier tranmission and drive train, it should help the distrubution of weight around the westfeild, thus making it achieve a closer 50/50 weight ratio.

Hey Phil

Not sure what I'll end up going for, not really worried about weight distribution as the Westfield is a FMR layout and these blocks are only 100kg more than the ford block and capable of producing at least twice the power.

I do like V6s too and 4WD, but amt trying to keep the cost down, how about the AWD system from the GTR?

That exrta grip when pulling away would be really be ideal on such a light car. I am guessing but with the GTR or 2JZ engines it would probably end up nearer to 700-750KGs plus what ever 4x4 gear? What do you think the cost of installing a AWD or 4WD in to a Westfield would be?

gtr is to expensive, esspecially if you want to keep the cost down.

a fulltime 4wd like the gto's that comes with the 3.5v6 twin turbo cost around 60-100k.

to install it into a westfeild, alot of custom job, i am not to sure, but be ready to spend close to 250-350k on modifications to get the westfeild running well, (brakes suspensions etc)

gtr is to expensive, esspecially if you want to keep the cost down.

a fulltime 4wd like the gto's that comes with the 3.5v6 twin turbo cost around 60-100k.

to install it into a westfeild, alot of custom job, i am not to sure, but be ready to spend close to 250-350k on modifications to get the westfeild running well, (brakes suspensions etc)

The gto engine sounds pretty good value what can be done with it in regards to power?

power upgrades,

well the basics are a very good option,

(change headers, external wastegate, turbocharger, intercooler, -greddy profec b2 boost controller, it has low and high boost options etc, good for street and track/racing use., upgrade fuel injectors, cam gears, (motec m600ecu it also has drag launch controll), as for vavle springs, gaskets, camshafts, pistons and rods etc those need to be ordered in, as parts are not as common as for the 2jz.

but surely the 4wd will give you such crazy low speed acceleration and also conering ability.

mind you, it would be wise to go for the oil cooler, upstep radiator, shocks and springs, brakes, wheels and tyres etc etc.

the std engine produces around 300hp, with injectors, ecu, turbo, header, wastegate and cam gears, intercooler you should be making close to 500hp no if not more.

the 4wd transmission manual, will defentially need a twin plate clutch for reliability sake, and a transmission oil cooler..

the m600pro motec ecu is in the mid 60-85k mark by itself, but no worries it is defentially the best ecu u can give your engine, and i know the offical motec tuner here :o so tuning to its best capability wont be an issue.

http://rcw.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=607502

there you go, i found a RB26dett, 4wheel drive 6speed transmission from the GTR R34!!!!

already modified, producing sowhere between 500-800hp.

but the cost is B275,000.

Its a save if you are thinking about getting a std gtr engine and tranmission for like 150-200k,

and then modify the engine and tranmission as such would defentially cost you over another 200-350k with this amount of mods.

.so in the end you are potentialy saving over 125-250,000 baht.

anyways the link is there for you to further investgate the pics etc.

http://rcw.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=607502

there you go, i found a RB26dett, 4wheel drive 6speed transmission from the GTR R34!!!!

already modified, producing sowhere between 500-800hp.

but the cost is B275,000.

Its a save if you are thinking about getting a std gtr engine and tranmission for like 150-200k,

and then modify the engine and tranmission as such would defentially cost you over another 200-350k with this amount of mods.

.so in the end you are potentialy saving over 125-250,000 baht.

anyways the link is there for you to further investgate the pics etc.

That does look pretty sweet I can not read thai do you know if it's an N1 model?

That would be ideal.

have you considered the 13B rotary? i would think it would be alot of fun around bira circuit in such a light car.

I cant say I had, but some of the newer wankels like the 13B-REW do look interesting any idea what kind of power you can get out of one, the stock is around 280hp?

How much do they cost and how much do they weight.

Also I think they may be hard to service and to source parts, but I may be wrong as I have zero experience with rotary units.

Edited by PattayaTerrier

pattayaterrier.

i am not sure if it is the n1 spec, we will have to call to comunicate further, if this is the option you want.

though as for the 13BTT, its a 1.3L rotary twin turbo.

the rotary, has benefits and disadvantages.

disadvantage seems to out weigh the advantages though for most street used cars,

(advantage-light weight, rotarys can be built to rev to 11-12000 rpm, can make some rediciouls power-500hp is no problem with a rotary)

(disadvantage, burns to much engine oil, consumes a shit load of fuel, heating problems, there is 2 shops or so that know how to really work with rotarys, parts are very hard to source, importing from the states, australia and japan is a must for internal mods, not many skilled mechanics no how to service a rx7, which means you will have to go to a specific garage for mostly everything, to avoide inexperinced mechanics playing with a rotary.

personally, the 13btt would be great for you because of the light weight, high rpms capability.

but then again you will have change intercooler, raditors, add transmission cooler and an engine oil cooler for it to seem reliable.

then the parts you will have to find or import. most my mates swap the rotarys out of there rx7 and swap it for either an sr20, or 2jz. most though go for the 2jz. reliable, easy to source parts etc.

I dont think I will go for a rotary unit just on the servicing and parts being a pain in the back side to source.

I still favour the S6's just for the availability and sheer power they are capable of, and a RB26DETT N1, with all the running gear off the skyline, the GT34 has a nice computer with LCD display that gives all the engine data plus other information like lap times, that would be so sweet basically a skyline in a lighter frame with better weight distribution.

How ever the 2JZ with the supra gear box and rear wheel drive only is a cheaper simpler option that does suit my budget much better, as this will be more or less a toy, I would like to keep it simple and the cost to a minimum.

still not sure what I will end up with since you suggested the AWD option.

It really needs the AWD just because it is so light and will probably give a metal standing 1/4 mile well under 10 seconds!

It's been such a poor season with the lack of tourisum this year may have to wait till next high season to go for AWD and all the skyline trimmings.

awd, either the skyline gtr engine.

or the gto v6 twin turbo full time awd.

gto is alot cheaper, and can still make 500hp.

the skyline is complete different as it will need a massive wiring job with all the tranmission, awd control, lsd etc as its all ecu controlled.

If you really want the RB26, you'll have to mate it to an RB25DET manual tranny to achive the RWD configuration. The problem is prices for the transmission have skyrocketed because Thai's are now mating it to their JZ's.

I'm a RB enthusiast myself, I just prefer them over a JZ. Alot of people say RB's are troublesome, but I beg to differ. It's put a smile on my face everytime I drive it.

I've got some pics of what used to be in my car, RB26 mated to a hewland six speed sequential dog box.

Now i've currently got an RB25DET in it and the car's been put back together as a daily driver.

Goodluck with your project! I'm keen to see it happen!

post-49231-1241595204_thumb.jpg

post-49231-1241595229_thumb.jpg

post-49231-1241595244_thumb.jpg

post-49231-1241595262_thumb.jpg

post-49231-1241595334_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Chaps!, very interesting to see people are discussing what power plants to install in a Westfield... there really is no real limit other than budget what could be installed in a Westfield, some people have even built 4x4 cars, but really, i do not see the point personally, they are really at their best with a very trackable 250hp to 300hp motor under the bonnet weighting in wet around 500kgs to 600kgs, nothing will touch it on road or track its been proven time and time again... muscle does not = speed! power over this can not be used fully unless you change absolutely very thing that resembles a westfield, then you may as well just design your own car... more ideally suited to your chosen motor configuration.

I personally built a 330hp turbo cosworth westfield back in the uk as my last project, money no object sort of thing, it was probably one of the fastest road going westies out here, but in competition, just could not use all that power, it was mainly down to delivery of the turbo... I have to say though, I loved the drive and regret selling it now, but ill be sure to build another wacky racer some day and it will for sure have plenty of power under the hood, but really 500 600hp+ no real need excessive power can be felt with far less!

But i do amid, its certainly a tempting project to build such a monster powered westfield or any light weight car for that matter producing power to weight ratios of over 1000hp per tone, but really, there is absolutely nowhere other than a drag strip in thailand you could fully release such a car.

our demo car only last week was able to hold its own betting some of them even, cars with over 500/600hp at the bira circuit and our car is basically uk bog standard car, standard running gear, standard 2.0l duratec engine producing around 190hp. so really it sort of proves the point, you do not need excessive power, you just need the right set up to delivery the power. there is much more to come from our demo car, and it will only be developed to produce around 250 to 300hp later this year, thats all thats needed to get the job done.

Ive been in 250hp road going/track Westfields in the uk, there is pretty much nothing on track that can touch it, other than radicals and the like but only 2 or 3 seconds in it per lap, but the demo westfield XT4 Audi 2.0L cosworth tuned with 300hp i was lucky enough to have a ride in could bet absolutely everything out there that day, including all radicals and monster powered v8 etc.. so really, its down to a optimum power output and correct setup for the weight of the car.

Pattaya Terrier, ill happily sell you a starter kit for your project and assist where i can in advice whilst your carrying out your build, id like to see lots of you building your own personal projects, i would never try to put anyone off building their own creation, lord knows, I had enough people advising me - my own monster powered Westfield would not work, but it worked very well on road, traction control would have cured my competitive problems in events, but to be honest taming the beast was just as much if not more fun, but it was never built to be a winner, just an exercise of what can be done. but that as only 330hp, only weighting 575kgs... really that was more than enough! unless huge changes were made... it had a top speed of around 140mph 0 to 60 in 3sec's, slicks of course would reduce that to sub 3.0secs, but it was a road car capable of track work.

keep the topic rolling, and lets see some orders chaps, get building your creations and come and join in the fun at the track... its great mixing it up with much much more expensive cars... you can all build one of these for under 1mill, you can build at your leisure, so you dont have to find all the money in one hit, only need 360,000 to get the ball rolling for your starter kit...

please make enquiries either on this site, or contact me through my website, www.westfield-sportscars-thailand.com

look forward to hearing from you, regards Julian

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I have just imported a 2 years old Nissan Skyline GTR 35 from Japan . Can anyone helpwith someone to maintain and service using proper transmission oils, fluids ect????

I am living in Pattaya, my name is Johnny my number: 0810029842.....Thanks for the help..

there is 2 or 3 down in bangna trat.