When God Created Canada

On the sixth day God turned to the angel Gabriel and said "Today I am going to create a land called Canada.

It will be a land of outstanding natural beauty - it shall have tall majestic mountains full of mountain goats and eagles, and beautiful sparkly lakes bountiful with carp and trout. There shall be forests full of elk and moose, high cliffs overlooking sandy beaches with an abundance of sea life, and rivers stocked with salmon."

God continued, "I shall make the land rich in oil so to make the inhabitants prosper, I shall call these inhabitants Canadians, they shall be known as the most friendly people on the earth."

"But Lord," asked Gabriel, "don't you think you are being too generous to these Canadians?"

"No, not really." God replied...

"Just wait and see the neighbours I am going to give them!"

Thank You LC, thats already on its way to a dozen email boxes. :D

In NZ my American boss once asked myself and a kiwi staff member who we thought the biggest whingers were.

I said it was us.

Told him, "You wake up next to 300 million yanks and see what kind of mood you're in in the morning."

I said it in jest of course. :o

cv

Who ever wrote this joke is not a Canadian.  There are no carps in mountain lakes nor are there mountain goats.  This is a travesty! 

:D

i like it though

Well, half right.... we have mountain goats in the south-east rockies, but the carp are on the prairies. :D

cv

p.s... Penz... don't get me started on CDG. :o

Who ever wrote this joke is not a Canadian.  There are no carps in mountain lakes nor are there mountain goats.  This is a travesty! 

:D

i like it though

Well, half right.... we have mountain goats in the south-east rockies, but the carp are on the prairies. :D

cv

p.s... Penz... don't get me started on CDG. :o

Mountain goats eh? Learn something new everyday.

• 6 months later...
..Well, Elsie, you seemed very happy when I gave you that Flag of Old Glory back at the TV Pissup Party last July..... Or was it all an act?  :o  :D

It was quite a long time ago, sweetheart. :D

Darling, it was only one month ago... :D

Oh well, Operation LC American Freedom has suffered a temporary setack...

I hope you didn't throw the flag away at least.... :D:D