Bought My First Thai Music Cd

Jockstar

Ok firstly i was watching MTV the other night. Well actually i wasnt watching but listening. They had like an unplugged set thing. Thai bands only. One band i watched done this song and i thought. That was cool. Instead of these boring love songs and the same tempo. I then caught this band on MTV again in the video for the song. Though not as good as the live version. It was still good. So i actually went out and bought my first Thai band Cd. The band is called Acapella 7. The song was called 1,2,3. The album is called Mouth 2 Mouth.. Anyone else heard or of this band or actually got the CD. Would recommend it.

YEah acapella 7 is good..they have been in this music industry for about 4 or 5 years now....their first album was DOG....it was really a nice accapella music...They are made up of fomerly University student....And i can tell u that most of the members does not have does boy band looks but they sure sings very well...unlike other thai boy band most of their voice are like frog and they cant sing live...its all mimming....

But accapella ...ive seen them performed live they can compete with the likes of of All for 1 or Boyz to men.....Acapella 7 is the Thai version of Boyz to Men

Potato are good Jockstar...

They are musically talented, full of variety, and have a good overall sound. :o

They are also quite popular at the moment.

For me, the best way to find out who sings good music in Thailand is to listen to 95.5 FM in BKK... they quite often have some really good modern Thai music. Like any commercial radio station, airplay is full of advertisements, and the playlists are sometimes repetitive, but simetimes yopu hear a track and think "that was really good", and you may hear it again in the afternoon or the next day.

Just ask the taxi driver or your teeruk who plays the music, or if you can remember the tune, whistle it to the sales assistant in the CD store, and you're away. :D

Potato are good Jockstar...

They are musically talented, full of variety, and have a good overall sound.  :o

They are also quite popular at the moment.

For me,  the best way to find out who sings good music in Thailand is to listen to 95.5 FM in BKK... they quite often have some really good modern Thai music.  Like any commercial radio station, airplay is full of advertisements, and the playlists are sometimes repetitive, but simetimes yopu hear a track and think "that was really good", and you may hear it again in the afternoon or the next day. 

Just ask the taxi driver or your teeruk who plays the music, or if you can remember the tune, whistle it to the sales assistant in the CD store, and you're away.  :D

My gf had no idea who they were. While i was looking around for the CD she told the guy the name of the album. He still had no idea until i told him the name of the band, album and the song which i heard. Then he knew what i wanted. I like it. Maybe i'll try and fine the first album. Generally i dont like Thai music. But now and then i do hear a song and think. Ye! Thats cool. Not often i might add. But i'm always listening. I really dont like most Thai songs as i find them boring and much the same.

Another thing you might try...

Drop into one of those DVD/VCD/MP3 stores in Panthip Plaza and buy an MP3 CD of the Thai popular hit songs.

You'll probably not like them all, but of 300+ songs you're sure to like a few.. :o

And your gf is likely to enjoy most if not all of them. :D