Update On The True Move Foot-shot

DavidBrook

Well, I went to Ratchada and fronted the trolls. After an hour an asst Director turned up. A power-dressing throw-back from the yuppie era, complete with poncho (haven't even seen one of those for 20 years).

I had a rant (it was a somewhat ill-tempered rant as well - which I believed to be fully justified under the circs). The asst director with the poncho and the 'gold-tooth car saleswoman smile' seemed angry, probably at the loss of her face. Some of them looked embarrassed. Then their head of networking came in, listened to me telling him what the problem was and how to fix it (no, he didn't know either one). Asst director begged me to give them another chance to fix it, which I agreed to in the condition that I have a named person and phone number to contact if I ever get any more <deleted> from True Move. Then I left, with her promise of a named person ringing in my ears - which I never got of course.

She phoned me back on Thurs after having allowed the staff to get their story organised. A whole different attitude was in evidence, and she went on to say it was basically not a problem and anyway, if I used their servers instead of those on my ISP, it would all have been OK. She offered me 3 months free use of True Move, presumably that means another 3 months of bouncing emails... Then she blamed my ISP/webhost. Then she blamed me. I was waiting for her to blame the fairies. Or Buddha. Or Thaksin. Her whole attitude when I was not there to be in her face was smug, self-satisfied and somewhat irritating, or perhaps it was the memory of the poncho that irritated, I'm not sure. I told her to sharpen her pencil and call me back Friday morning having got a sharper pencil, and I am still waiting. Everything appears to be back to normal in the wonderful but slightly surreal world of True Move.

I asked in the original topic if anyone knew of anyone professional in the organisation, and someone commented with one word - NO. I guess he was right, certainly all the responses I got were negative about them. I am tempted to say that if the generally smugness and incompetence I experienced starts at or close to the top (it WAS an assistant director I was speaking with after all), then it is hardly surprising that the foot soldiers are equally incompetent and equally smug. Something Thais seem to be especially good at for some reason, or so I have found.

I think I will take their 3 months free (if it arrives) and when that is finished, tell them to Foxtrot Oscar and take their crappy overpriced TV package with them.

Score for True Move on my service-o-meter? 1 out of 10, must try harder. And I really only gave the 1 point because of the poncho - took me back a couple of decades. I admired her sense of humour for wearing it.

D

Edited by DavidBrook

See the bright side of this story. I know it is not as easy as it sounds.

The unthinkable turned into reality and you - the customer - got something FREE of charge from a Thai company!

So, they admitted your complain but did not lose face.

Problem solved, at least for True... :o

Edited by webfact