Uk Visitor Visa

My wife's had 5 UK visitor visas and we're going for the 6th. There appears to be an option to apply online, then take your documents down to VFS. Is this a real poosibility? Worth doing? Does it save time or cause more problems?

I think it's not only a possibility but they prefer you to do it, though as you say your wife will still have to pitch up to Regent House and hand in all her documents.

If she has had a number of previous visas why doesn't your wife go for a longer term visa, though they cost considerably more since earlier this month.

My GF and I are soon to prepare for a 4th visitor visa and doing it on-line could be far simpler for me as I can't get to LOS for a few months and don't want to wait that long before she comes to the UK. Previously I've been with her and we've gone to Regent House together after I've done all the paperwork.

As a sponsor who has to provide bank statements and phone bills etc to prove the relationsship , can these be scanned and submitted online or do these need to be submitted in person?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Tariq...

We live in Thailand and have no reason to want a longer visa.

If we wanted a longer visa next time, I always thought I'd have to go and settle in the UK first before my wife even applied. That would mean being away from the family. Did I presume this correctly?

My mate is going to apply for a visitor visa for his wife's sister when they go to Thailand in June. Can anyone provide a link to this online application, and better still - some advice on how to complete the form. I have heard that the biggest problem in getting a visitor visa is that the applicant has sufficient reason to return to Thailand. Any advice gratefully received

Did it online and booked appointment. The Mrs said that it was well worth it as she went up to the counter well ahead of people who'd got there before. The doorman was rather anal about letting us in for an 11.45am appointment at 11.30. We had to wait those extra 5 mins outside.

The last time I went with a bank draft and was told I had to pay cash (to buy a cheque there from THEM) so this time we went with cash. "No, need a cheque" they said. And there's an office right next to the entrance offering cheques. Don't bother with that office as the bank downstairs is cheaper.

Our main point in this post though, is that the photos weren't ok. On the website they say against a plain light-coloured background. Skyblue (in our photos) wasn't good enough, so they stung us for 250B for photos on a WHITE background. Be prepared.