Visa for elective surgery?

Hi, female UK citizen 30 something, here.

I've recently returned from Chonbury (June) where I went for cosmetic surgery. I was given a 30 day Visa when I arrived at Bangkok which was sufficiant for my needs then.

However, I want to return for more surgery later in the year and I'd like to extend my stay to 1 year this time. What Visa should I apply for? I have no intention of working whilst in Thailand.

Also I'd like to bring my children with me this time, aged 3 and 10. Would this be a problem?

Love Tiff

• 2 weeks later...

also, you may want to have the hospital/clinic where you will have the work done fax you a letter setting out the proposed course of treatment and the schedule for it.  for example, dates of proposed surgery and while they are at it, the cost involved

(showing how much money you will be adding to the thai economy).

this should certainly get you the non-imm O visa.  this letter that that you are coming for a series of medical treatments over the course of many months (a year) may even allow you to extend the visa for 6 mos or 1 year at immigration once you get to bangkok (so you don't have to leave every 3 mos).  

i also know for a fact that some hosps. have staff who can assist in extending a visa for you so you don't have to leave the country if you are undergoing a continuning course of medical treatment.

some hospital have depts that can assist you with getting v