house. I am looking for quality work, with properly supervised

workers.

I've see two other threads here regarding painters, but both

where quite old and inconclusive.

Any recommendations appreciated !

Cheers,

luudee :D

PS: Also looking to replace windows for double pane aluminum type

Don't know how long youv'e been in Pattaya, but in the last five years that i've been living here i've yet to find or come across a professional painter, although most will claim to be for obvious reasons, they always fail to deliver good qaulity paintwork im afraid.

You would be wise to ask any prospective craftsmen that give you a quotation whether they could show you some of there work that they have previously done, if they can't then you'd be taking a risk employing them.

You can always tell a professional painter by what kind of brushes and rollers they use, if they have turn up with budget off the shelf type brushes etc then you know what to expect, instead of horse hair angle cut brushes or mohair rollers etc.

In my expieriance, when i wanted paintwork to be done, i gave up trying to find a decent painter/company and ended up doing it myself.

I know not everyone would or could do the job themselves, but unfortunately it's usually that they promise the high standard of work, to then turn up with a bunch of illegal cambodians or their relatives from up country to start painting your house with the cheapest possible paint on the market and a 100bt budget brush set from Tescos. Most of them don't even consider using primers or undercoat either which means after 6 months of hot sun and then wet humid rain the paint starts to blister and peel.

The one tip that i would srongly advise is to buy the paint and primers/undercoats yourself to ensure good qaulity, only use Dulux or Nippon paints, all the other Thai company paints are of inferior qaulity.

You can can get the paint in Homepro, Kanyong, Homeworks etc..

Good Luck! :o

Hi,

I am looking for a professional painter/company to repaint my

house. I am looking for quality work, with properly supervised

workers.

I've see two other threads here regarding painters, but both

where quite old and inconclusive.

Any recommendations appreciated !

Cheers,

luudee :D

PS: Also looking to replace windows for double pane aluminum type

Don't know how long youv'e been in Pattaya, but in the last five years that i've been living here i've yet to find or come across a professional painter, although most will claim to be for obvious reasons, they always fail to deliver good qaulity paintwork im afraid.

You would be wise to ask any prospective craftsmen that give you a quotation whether they could show you some of there work that they have previously done, if they can't then you'd be taking a risk employing them.

You can always tell a professional painter by what kind of brushes and rollers they use, if they have turn up with budget off the shelf type brushes etc then you know what to expect, instead of horse hair angle cut brushes or mohair rollers etc.

In my expieriance, when i wanted paintwork to be done, i gave up trying to find a decent painter/company and ended up doing it myself.

I know not everyone would or could do the job themselves, but unfortunately it's usually that they promise the high standard of work, to then turn up with a bunch of illegal cambodians or their relatives from up country to start painting your house with the cheapest possible paint on the market and a 100bt budget brush set from Tescos. Most of them don't even consider using primers or undercoat either which means after 6 months of hot sun and then wet humid rain the paint starts to blister and peel.

The one tip that i would srongly advise is to buy the paint and primers/undercoats yourself to ensure good qaulity, only use Dulux or Nippon paints, all the other Thai company paints are of inferior qaulity.

You can can get the paint in Homepro, Kanyong, Homeworks etc..

Good Luck! :o

Hi,

I've been living here for 12 years, and I know how pathetic the

situation here is with Thai workers. I had actually a lot better

luck with illegal Cambodians than Thais. My experience has been

they are smarter and alot more motivated than Thais.

On the other hand, there a are lot of nice venues here in Pattaya

that are obviously very professionally done. If you ever get a

chance to go to Brunos Restaurant, pay attention to their interior

quality of work.

Anyway, if anybody does have good experience with a company/painter,

please do let me know !

Thanks a lot !

luddee