Sweet & Sour

Tywais

Each year after Songran we have a party at the laboratory to celebrate the new year and to honor the most senior member (Dohm Hua). This is what is laid out for us. Some very sweet sticky rice with mango. The ice cream (last photo) is the best I've ever had in Thailand. Enjoy. :o

post-566-1240806475_thumb.jpgpost-566-1240806483_thumb.jpg

post-566-1240806488_thumb.jpgpost-566-1240806495_thumb.jpg

This kind of ice cream I've had some years ago at a staff party, amazing quality!

Not so good if you have cholesteral problems. I was told that coconut milk is part of the recipe. But incredible taste. Had 6 scoops but decided to stop at that. It's the ice cream on white bread that I haven't figured out. I elected for the regular cones. :o

we grow up on that stuff tywais

including served on bread. are u telling me u havent eaten these with bread, sticky rice, and the little what do u call them... 'luk chid', and that yellow tiny lentil type thing?

if not you havent been initiated into thai culture! and im really really surprised!!

we grow up on that stuff tywais

including served on bread. are u telling me u havent eaten these with bread, sticky rice, and the little what do u call them... 'luk chid', and that yellow tiny lentil type thing?

if not you havent been initiated into thai culture! and im really really surprised!!

Been there, done that, but not for the last few parties. Was handed a dish with all the above today but jeez, that's just too sweet. I'm not as adventurous with my taste buds as I used to be. :o