Red Baron - Bkk

Richie1971

Hi,

I've been told that Red Baron stock a good range of used (bigger, 250+) bikes and have an excellent reputation for legitimate paperwork etc.

I live in Hua Hin so haven't had the chance to go up there yet but am planning a trip up on Friday.

What I'd like to know before I go is do they stock the old CB400 super four or similar? Any decent 250's for sale?

Basically how much do you learned gentleman think I could get a fully legal 250-650cc aged around 1994-1998 for?

My budget is around 100k in total - I've looked on their website but cant get any real info as to all their stock.

Any tips much appreciated

Thanks

Richie

Hi,

I've been told that Red Baron stock a good range of used (bigger, 250+) bikes and have an excellent reputation for legitimate paperwork etc.

I live in Hua Hin so haven't had the chance to go up there yet but am planning a trip up on Friday.

What I'd like to know before I go is do they stock the old CB400 super four or similar? Any decent 250's for sale?

Basically how much do you learned gentleman think I could get a fully legal 250-650cc aged around 1994-1998 for?

My budget is around 100k in total - I've looked on their website but cant get any real info as to all their stock.

Any tips much appreciated

Thanks

Richie

Hi richie,

I did contact Redbaronbkk.com a while back by email and got even answer to this...so you might want to try that.

hope that helps,

mbox

Red Baron is overpriced in all aspects of their business. I had a friend tried to get charged 10,000 baht just today for "membership" just to see their bike before repair costs.

Last time i was there i dont think i saw any bikes less than around 200k, they are more into big bikes and sports bikes

You may want to try D big bike. Not the best mechanics in the world but they are enthusiastic, honest and a large selection of bike within your budget.

http://www.dbigbike.com/

You may want to get a thai friend to help you on this one. The owners son is quite cool, Khun Ben.

Phone: 083542 3708 and 086317 3089

Store: 024315 34

I think they are closed either monday or tuesdays

My budget is around 100k in total -

Sorry Richie,

Red Baron is way out of your price range.

Smallest bikes on their floor at this time are a couple of new CB400's, an '05 Suzuki Intruder 400, an '05 Suzuki DRZ400 and a Honda XR200. The XR is the cheapest bike and they are asking 185,000฿

Slim pickings for 100% legal big bikes in the 100,000 Baht range. There is some truth to the saying "You get what you pay for..."

Good Luck and Happy Trails!

Tony

Cheers for the input guys all in all it seems to much hassle to buy a second hand big bike so I've bitten the bullet, armed myself with Visa card for a cash advance and going to buy a brand new Kawasaki Er6n.

Cheers :o

^ Good choice! Kwackerzaki's got the best deal going and the ER6 is a fun ride!

0419BRCMe.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Red Baron is overpriced in all aspects of their business. I had a friend tried to get charged 10,000 baht just today for "membership" just to see their bike before repair costs.

Last time i was there i dont think i saw any bikes less than around 200k, they are more into big bikes and sports bikes

You may want to try D big bike. Not the best mechanics in the world but they are enthusiastic, honest and a large selection of bike within your budget.

You may want to get a thai friend to help you on this one. The owners son is quite cool, Khun Ben.

Oi Trent :o Just had a look on dbigbike site. Do you know what the story is on green book with their bikes? Don't see any plates on most of the bikes they got for sale....

Cheers

Jack

Oi Trent :o Just had a look on dbigbike site. Do you know what the story is on green book with their bikes? Don't see any plates on most of the bikes they got for sale....

Cheers

Jack

once you decide to purchase their bikes they then go through the process of getting a green book. i believe zzinged had some delays with his green book through them but we have never had a problem. their green books are not as clean as red barons though!

Their prices are keen for sure. The book price is under the bike price. There is also prices with the numbers 6,12,18,24.....whats that about? Grease for selected palms! :o

Their prices are keen for sure. The book price is under the bike price. There is also prices with the numbers 6,12,18,24.....whats that about? Grease for selected palms! :o

sounds like 6 times tables

once you decide to purchase their bikes they then go through the process of getting a green book. i believe zzinged had some delays with his green book through them but we have never had a problem. their green books are not as clean as red barons though!

ha ha.. Love it..

Green book with slight shades of grey ?? :o

Naked man is right on the money with this one.

In Hua Hin they are trying the same scam at the big bike shop on Pala-u road.

Pay us 8,000 baht per year or we charge you 1000 baht per hour!

Needless to say I told them to ram it!

They aren't that brilliant at working on your bike either! Missing screws on my fairing being one example :)

However isn't it so that if you buy a bike from them the 10k membership doesn't apply as you're a member for life then?

Whatever, you can find cheap, legit bikes, but forget looking in the capital or any tourist town or city. Bangkok is $$$$$ hence the Barons prices.

Best POC are the biker clubs, they have eyes on the ground for what's up for sale.

I've been to Red Baron and they are the main no1 place for bikes, but the price is beyond the pale unless you're feeling flush.