Settlement Visa To Uk, What Next?

You can Apply for British Citizcenship after 3 years your partner will have to take a test, You can get the test of the Internet.If posible get a shenka visa from the French Embasy In Bangkok, it will save alot of trouble, then you can go anywere inEurope.

In addition to the above.

As soon as she arrives, start putting her name on your utility bills. Open a bank account, get her on at the Doctors, National Insurance Number etc. Basically, try to get her name on as many "official" documents as you can and save all the correspondence in a file. I cannot stress enough, the importance of having these in 2 years time, when you apply for ILR.

Good luck.

As soon as she arrives, start putting her name on your utility bills. Open a bank account, get her on at the Doctors, National Insurance Number etc. Basically, try to get her name on as many "official" documents as you can and save all the correspondence in a file. I cannot stress enough, the importance of having these in 2 years time, when you apply for ILR.

Good luck.

What will she need to open a bank account, get a NI number etc?

Will she need a translation of her birth certificate and ID card?

cheers

Good luck.

cheers

If i remember correctly when we did it for the Mrs. We applied on-line for a NationWide Flex-Account and all we had to do when the paperwork came through, was to go into a branch and show proof of living at the address (utility bill) and her passport. A doddle. But i don't know about other banks.

We showed them our marriage cert etc at Barclay's no problems.

You now only need 6 documents for each year together.

If you need any translations email them to my office they will have them back in 3/5 days not expensive neither 300/400 baht generally.

Good luck.

cheers

My wife and I opened a joint account a few months ago. We took our passports, marriage certificate and a utility bill for proof of address.