Restrictions On Liquids/gels Etc

Greenside

Dammit! Another couple of hours wasted trying to get hold of some shaving gel in a country where shaving is an alien practice.

Do what I do for short-term emergencies. Preferable -- your hotel probably gives you a little container of body cream. Works great for shaving. Second choice, lather up with plain old soap. It all works for a day or two when you want to avoid buying a can of shaving cream between flights.

Haven't flown anywhere for a couple of years. Are the restrictions on gels/water/liquids still in force?

:o

Unfortunately still in effect. You know how government is....once something gets started it takes a long time to get it removed....even when there is no longer any valid reason for it.

By the way, 3 fluid ounces of certain substances, which I won't name, could blow a rather large hole in an airplane. All it would take is the right substance, and a willing suicide bomber to carry it on. So that 3 fluid ounce or less rule is meaningless anyhow.

Outside of that, however, the last time I traveled Athens to Bangkok I brought a small tolietries travel kit before I left, and carried it with me in my checked baggage. It was just enough to tide me over when I stayed in a hotel while traveling until I got to my final destination. After that you buy what you need for your vacation period.

To get around the water thing, you need to drink enough water/fluids (not alchohol but water based fluids) before you head to the departure gate area. Then you get water or whatever you want on the plane.

If you don't have fluids in your carry on baggage, you don't need to be searched or checked for them. Let everyone else line up (or queue for you Brits) to be searched...you just walk right by.

:D

Dammit! Another couple of hours wasted trying to get hold of some shaving gel in a country where shaving is an alien practice.

Do what I do for short-term emergencies. Preferable -- your hotel probably gives you a little container of body cream. Works great for shaving. Second choice, lather up with plain old soap. It all works for a day or two when you want to avoid buying a can of shaving cream between flights.

Whatever happened to good old dryshaving? Seriously though, even without the cream, the hotel soaps actually work pretty good, and you can always just wet down your face and try it that way. For a short term solution that works on me, anymore than a week dryshaving like that, and it takes me 2 weeks just to clear up the nicks.

Whatever happened to good old dryshaving? Seriously though, even without the cream, the hotel soaps actually work pretty good, and you can always just wet down your face and try it that way. For a short term solution that works on me, anymore than a week dryshaving like that, and it takes me 2 weeks just to clear up the nicks.

Why waste money on shave creams and gels.

Just a big con job.

Hair conditioner will give anyone the best shave ever, where ever.

Just half a teaspoonful about, on a wet face, brilliant shave.

My girls, all grown and flown now, put me onto hair conditioner.

I keep a heap of those little sachets in my backpack, carry on bag.

Never been pulled up since it started being checked.

Give it a go, nothing to lose.