How Does Pct Work

AsiaWolfie

anybody can explain me everything about the PCT system ? I think I can save up to 70% of my costs for home phone and especially handphone. But when I went to the TOT-True shop, they told me as an Alien I cannot apply for PCT, though I could buy a PCT prepaid card like for a mobile....unfortunately, their skills in English were kinds modest (as everywhere in Thailand), so actually i would need someone who speaks english well (or even german) to tell me everything about the system , the costs, and how to use it properly......I stay in Northern BKK and already have a homephone number....

thanks for assist....

pct work like relay, every mile or so there are a relay point connecting together to reach the final destination, it charge you the same amount as a home phone, im using one right now, be aware the connection is really suck, you will get disconnected very often, signal are very bad.

japan using alots of this system.

Edited by chingy_

thanks chingy, I know about the tecnical system, we have that in my country too.....what I need to know is how can I apply for that, what papers do I have to bring them to get everything started, where can I find information about the calling rates and all that.....

the USAF doesnt, but the Thai immigration does have such a record indeed, called "Alien entering the kingdom" in my immigration card ;-))

and as you know since ET, Alien always wanna "call back home". So know you even know the reason why I am in desperate need of PCT ;-)))

they told me as an Alien I cannot apply for PCT,

Which solar system and planet do you come from?

Does the USAF a record of your space craft arriving? :D:D:o

the USAF doesnt, but the Thai immigration does have such a record indeed, called "Alien entering the kingdom" in my immigration card ;-))

and as you know since ET, Alien always wanna "call back home". So know you even know the reason why I am in desperate need of PCT  ;-)))

Great recovery AsiaWolfie :D

Have had one phone line using PCT since it became available years ago and not impressed. Almost every calls requires several attempts to connect and voice quality is total noise (this may be to old handset however). Your home phone has a voice answer, (only in Thai I believe), telling caller to press 1 or 2 or whatever for pct or home phone so it is extra step/time for anyone calling you. Current TRUE special price seems to be 1 baht per min. but some cell phones seem to offer that now. Have never done a side by side so not sure of the various charges but usefulness alone would rule it out for me. We use just for school age granddaughter to phone home now.

The PCT system works off cell stations erected by TelecomAsia (now True Corp) in the mid 1990s. Your signal bounces from one to the next as you move around. The cell stations were only erected in BANGKOK (unless you count the ones erected around the Chairman's golf course!). When it was launched, some guy flew down from Chiang Mai to get his PCT phone - which would have been useless.

Call dropouts were a problem although it was initially popular because it was far cheaper than mobile - but mobile costs have come down. So forget it if you're not in Bangkok.

PCT....I recomend to everyone not to use it ....ive got 2 mobile phone one of them is PCT from True....very frustating always no signal...

They gave it free of charge with every new subscribsion... The worst thing ever, I have to use it and it sucks big time - my friends and relatives cannot reach me, voice quality sounds like from the coffin, new phones UTStarcom from China don't support any features in it (E-mail, SMS, PC-link, others) staff at True cannot say anything about it except - "not yet..."

So, skip it