Chiang Mai Attractions

gunn09

Hi

My girlfriend and me will be spending 6 days in Chaing Mai the middle of next month we have some ideas of what we would like to do,I've looked online and found some tours and that,We're deff planning doing an elephant trek so if anyone has done 1 and can recomend a tour operator or any information would be great.

Cheers guys James.

My neighbor is a tour guide and is quite fair that is to say she tells you up front what her fee is and gets you a discount in the tourist areas actually meaning she doesn't take the commission form the business but charges you the exact fee. I'm not sure what I am allowed to post or not post here as it may be considered advertising (which I'm not I have nothing to gain by it) but PM me if you would like more details and her number, she speaks reasonably good English but I can translate for you if it's a problem.

There are several similar threads on what to do in Chiang Mai on this forum. A simple search should find them.

I know one day trip that I enjoyed included a short elephant ride, a hike to a hill tribe village, a bamboo raft trip down a small river, a swim under a waterfall and a lunch included. It started about 8AM and finished about 5 pm. Pretty good for around 1500 baht.

You REALLY don't want a LONG elephant ride. It is uncomfortable for anything more than 40 minutes.

Around the city I recommend a trip up to Doi Suthep. A hike in the park along the stream coming down from Doi Suthep. A visit to the zoo and the night safari. A window shopping tour around China town. Take in a few bars along Loy Kroh road. Have a supper at the cook your own place at the north east corner of the moat... just outside the moat.

There are several similar threads on what to do in Chiang Mai on this forum. A simple search should find them.

I know one day trip that I enjoyed included a short elephant ride, a hike to a hill tribe village, a bamboo raft trip down a small river, a swim under a waterfall and a lunch included. It started about 8AM and finished about 5 pm. Pretty good for around 1500 baht.

You REALLY don't want a LONG elephant ride. It is uncomfortable for anything more than 40 minutes.

Around the city I recommend a trip up to Doi Suthep. A hike in the park along the stream coming down from Doi Suthep. A visit to the zoo and the night safari. A window shopping tour around China town. Take in a few bars along Loy Kroh road. Have a supper at the cook your own place at the north east corner of the moat... just outside the moat.

C'mon Ian!! most (almost all) of what you have written is OK, BUT, Chiang Mai Night Safari is absolute shyt.

Have you been to the night safari in Singapore? It is a thousand times better than the one in Chiang Mai and the animals are much better looked after (not as in Chiang Mai)

Those fish you have hooked have a better life than anything at CM night safari.

The girls in your fotos are real honey's but when it gets to the nitty gritty you gotta tell it like it is.

Your girls are # 1 (dunno how you do it. Maybe you could PM me :) )

But CM night safari is a place that any civilised / developed country would have closed down because of the absence of any real care for the animals therein.

Take in a few bars along Loy Kroh road.

:) Taking the girlfriend to bars on Loy Kroh? Not a good idea in my book.

Wait a minute! Consider! There are three zoos: the Night Safari, the Chiang Mai Zoo, and Loi Kroh! Take your pick. Hey, do them all! You don't have to feed the inhabitants! In fact, although this is encouraged at the last stop, it is forbidden at the others.

I dunno, it depends on the girl friend. Some falong gals don't mind the "competition" and they have a great time. And, the others at least learn they better keep their guy close to home with some serious luvin or he might stray. Besides, not ALL bars on Loy Kroh are girly bars. Besides, people joking around and having fun is what it's all about. I find a place like Spicey a little too claustrophobic and noisy. I never did like the place... even after they got rid of most of the smoking.

Spicey before it got crowded...

Spicey_1.jpg

Dancing on the bar...

Pah_Ganyah_Lek.sized.jpg

And impromptu parties

Impromptu_party_1.sized.jpg

When you are part of the gang you can have a lot of fun at many bars.

69th_birthday_A_2.sized.jpg

Wait a minute! Consider! There are three zoos: the Night Safari, the Chiang Mai Zoo, and Loi Kroh!

You'll find lots of cheetahs at the latter :D