April 30, 200917 yr I've been searching for a non-FM transmitter solution to connect my IPOD to my new Fortuner. I know there are excellent cable solutions available in other countries (RP, South Africa) that allow one to do this easily, while still maintaining control of the IPOD using the steering wheel controls and charging it as well. These adapters allow the user to manipulate the IPOD using the radio controls too, which means you never have to fumble around with the IPOD while driving. The adapter device provides a plug-in connector that is inserted into the rear of the radio unit and does not interfere with the CD player operation (as some solutions do). The IPOD end of the cable is fed back through the fascia or an unused switch plate and connected to the IPOD's standard power port. From there, one has to decide where to stow or mount the IPOD when in use and when not in use. I began my search in TV and didn't find any detail there....does anyone know of such a solution that is available in Thailand? Better yet, in Chiang Mai? Edited April 30, 200917 yr by Fore Man
April 30, 200917 yr For several years already I have been using the ice>Link from Dension in my car in Switzerland and am happy with it. The steering wheel controls for the radio/Cd player are used in the same way as if the iPod were a multi-CD player. This is the Dension site: www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=42 -- Maestro The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place
May 4, 200917 yr Author All TV readers: I answered my own question. There is a product called Xcarlink made in Shenzen and distributed by a Thai working out of Bangkok named Khun Piak. He responded to my initial email and explained that the Xcarlink works with all Fortuner models except the Navigation-equipped radio. Here is a link to their Thai website. Sorry, no English translations available. http://web.mac.com/itualek/iTuaLek_%3A_Xca...stallation.html
May 4, 200917 yr Author For several years already I have been using the ice>Link from Dension in my car in Switzerland and am happy with it. The steering wheel controls for the radio/Cd player are used in the same way as if the iPod were a multi-CD player. This is the Dension site:www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=42 -- Maestro Thanks, Maestro. I looked up that website and it appears that they have discontinued all Ice/Link products for the Ipod. Too bad as I am sure it was a product of good quality and dependability.
May 4, 200917 yr I've been searching for a non-FM transmitter solution to connect my IPOD to my new Fortuner. I know there are excellent cable solutions available in other countries (RP, South Africa) that allow one to do this easily, while still maintaining control of the IPOD using the steering wheel controls and charging it as well. These adapters allow the user to manipulate the IPOD using the radio controls too, which means you never have to fumble around with the IPOD while driving. The adapter device provides a plug-in connector that is inserted into the rear of the radio unit and does not interfere with the CD player operation (as some solutions do). The IPOD end of the cable is fed back through the fascia or an unused switch plate and connected to the IPOD's standard power port. From there, one has to decide where to stow or mount the IPOD when in use and when not in use. I began my search in TV and didn't find any detail there....does anyone know of such a solution that is available in Thailand? Better yet, in Chiang Mai? I have pioneer system in my Fortuner and bought the I-pod cable which plugs in the back and can drive the I-pod through the pioneer system, as well as my telephone, DVD, CD etc and it also charges the I-pod as well through the standard port
Create an account or sign in to comment