Truevisons (UBC) To Cancel BBC Entertainment From 1st June

JetsetBkk

I note that the brainless True Visions people are still showing BBC Entertainment as being part of the platinum package.

Very strange that there has been no comment from them in the press.

Best solution would be to offer it as an a la Carte channel like the Japanese NHK channel.

In the meantime, I am down loading all the programs via VUSE.com

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remember that TRUE's main subscribers are generally childish retards whose intellect prevents them from understanding even a mediocre media channel such as BBCE. Given that in the main most of these morons enjoy the garbage generally referred to as "Thai soaps" is it little wonder that TRUE have made no formal response ? Whilst realisticaly TRUE will not care about the minor revenue loss from the few who shall now cancel their subscriptions, I am sure having a further cartoon channel will do wonders for local interest groups who will now be able to watch such programs as " Peanuts for Cretons", "Pink Panther's true stories" and " Distance learning by Al <deleted> and smiles" amongst many more.

Happy days ahead for Multichoice. :)

Something that has been noted before is that we, as foreigners, are in the minority of True subscribers and therefore our views will hold little weight with them. However, I wonder how many Thai subscribers purchase the (so-called) premium Gold and Platinum packages? I do believe a very large number of Thai subscribers are paying the minimum 300 baht package simply for the improvement in picture quality versus an analogue signal.

I personally believe that True/UBC holds nothing more than contempt for its customers given the absolute sub-standard service we get. I never made the leap from Gold to Platinum as BBCE just didn't give me enough swaying power for a crappy service that's hardly evolved in the 8 years I've been using it so far.

There's no end of choice on those P2P websites....

I also complained to UBC , here is their reply.

According to the management team's conclusion, we have no plan to bring it back in the near future. However, once we have something changed, we will keep you updated.

We are so grateful for your trust in our service and support us all time. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

Downgrading to Gold and looking for alternatives.

you could start an online petition and send it to True?

This is a good idea - Anybody downgrading/cancelling True because if this may want to consider it.

Plenty of websites now which will let you create petitions online, such as this one. Mods might even sticky it at the top of this forum too...

Yes, Truevisons (UBC) are to cancel BBC Entertainment from 1st June, according to the ticker at the top of the BBC Entertainment channel's screen.

Nice of them to give one months notice.

Time to look at cable alternatives since BBC Entertainment was the best channel they had.

Some of the stuff I watch used to watch:

Spooks

Judge John Deed

Silent Witness

Waking The Dead

Dr Who

Life On Mars

etc.

Bye-bye True. Hello P2P.

This is the first time I've ever seen the words 'entertainment' and 'BBC' in the same sentence.

Any idea which is the best NON-SUBSCRIPTION satellite system to get?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure I understand the question..

If its a non subscription.. Then you dont 'get' a package.. Theres many sats up there with FTA channels..

Or do you mean hardware ?? Would depend, I like dreambox receivers but they are a bit hobbyist..

Thanks in advance.

If its a non subscription.. Then you dont 'get' a package.. Theres many sats up there with FTA channels..

Or do you mean hardware ?? Would depend, I like dreambox receivers but they are a bit hobbyist..

Yes, the receiver bit. I looked at PSI and STAR, but I've no clue about any of this.

Can't face another 1600 Baht a month going out the door at the moment (it's as much as Sky in the UK and I didn't even have a TV there!).

The one's where you put the thing up and don't get a bill every month.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the receiver bit. I looked at PSI and STAR, but I've no clue about any of this.

Can't face another 1600 Baht a month going out the door at the moment (it's as much as Sky in the UK and I didn't even have a TV there!).

The receiver (usually) means the set top box (STB) AKA the decoder..

You would probably want a moving dish with dual LNB, and a good receiver.. Judging by the sound of it you probably need an installer to set it up for you, tune it in, set up the available birds (sats), and provide channel lists..

I would say that unless your into it, thats its a very frustrating exercise.. Once you get into it, then many more channels open up, but not for discussion here.

Thanks in advance.

The receiver (usually) means the set top box (STB) AKA the decoder..

You would probably want a moving dish with dual LNB, and a good receiver.. Judging by the sound of it you probably need an installer to set it up for you, tune it in, set up the available birds (sats), and provide channel lists..

I would say that unless your into it, thats its a very frustrating exercise.. Once you get into it, then many more channels open up, but not for discussion here.

Thanks Livin',

No, it took me three days to get that home speaker set thing the 'purchasing manager' bought, to work with the telly.

Frustration? Try homicide.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got my UBC magazine for June. This lists the programmes for the 3 new channels.

AXN Beyond, which replaces BBC Entertainment, features such exciting material as Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Ripleys Believe It Or Not, (I don't), and large doses of Series 1 of The X Files. Most of this stuff must be 15-20 years old, and they have the nerve to charge PREMIUM prices for it. I complained by phone and email, after the original announcement was made, about dropping the BBC, and hoped that the planks in charge of UBC would see sense. Obviously they have not.

I've had enough, they've had their last Baht out of me, and we'll be switching our mobiles to another company as well.

AXN Beyond? Beyond Belief is more like it.

What did surprise me about True Lack of Visions customer couldn't care less department was after being deluged with cancellations, one of their staff's words not mine, numerous letters in The Bangkok Post, from ex-pats and Thais, and even an article in The Guru Magazine, they didn't deem it necessary to publish a rebuttal.

They really have lost the plot, as well as customer satisfaction.

The answer to all your problems can be solved with the 'Dreambox' solution. Multichoice or True can be obtained this way. There are many satellite shops in bkk, Phuket, CM, and other towns and cites offer this solution. I payed 15000 baht 2 years ago for Multichoice but the equipment belongs to me. There was NO SUBSCRIPTION for they first year and now I pay 400 baht a month. I have made back with profit on the subscription I would have payed to true. The downside? They dont show as many EPL games on Multichoice but they have better movies than True and BBCE with rugby and cricket... yes all the Test matches from UK and around the world. Also as a bonus they have Sky News 24 hours a day.. and sometimes show Sky sports news. I think Multichoice is a much better solution than true... Ask anyone who has it. Also not rain affected like True.

What is the quality of the Multichoice picture usually like compared to, say, True?

Well I live in Phuket and my picture quality with Multichoice is much much better than true... but you do need a bigger dish with Multichoice

What is the quality of the Multichoice picture usually like compared to, say, True?

Well I live in Phuket and my picture quality with Multichoice is much much better than true... but you do need a bigger dish with Multichoice

MultiChoice transmits on the C-band. In Thailand you need a 125-160cm dish with a C-band LNB (The dishes used for TrueVisions are Ku-band; different dish, different LNB)

Intelsat 10 which carries MultiChoice:

intel10_c.gif

Yes, Truevisons (UBC) are to cancel BBC Entertainment from 1st June, according to the ticker at the top of the BBC Entertainment channel's screen.

Time to look at cable alternatives since BBC Entertainment was the best channel they had.

Spooks

Judge John Deed

Silent Witness

Waking The Dead

Dr Who

Life On Mars

etc.

Bye-bye True. Hello P2P.

Now this is a real bug bear!! After all the hassle I went through getting bloody True in the new house (only been in 2 months) as we all enjoy BBC Entertainment; wife (who's thai) enjoys her Weakest Link, me and the kids enjoy Dr Who and Torchwood, and I enjoy catching up with Rimmer and the rest from Red Dwarf and I was hoping that they might show Ashes to Ashes (sequel to Life on Mars) at some point!!

Guess that'll be me searching for a new satelitte system when I get home, and they can stuff their internet where the sun don't shine!!!

Wouldn't be so bad if Thialand didn't block Veoh.com. Used to use it for the wife to download her thai programs when we were in Scotland, had hoped to do the reverse for me and the kids here...but no!!

Just off to email the wife and tell her to cancel the True package, and I thought Inidan tv was bad!!!

Beginning to wonder if coming back was a good idea???

Spooks

Judge John Deed

Silent Witness

Waking The Dead

Dr Who

Life On Mars

etc.

Bye-bye True. Hello P2P.

Now this is a real bug bear!! After all the hassle I went through getting bloody True in the new house (only been in 2 months) as we all enjoy BBC Entertainment; wife (who's thai) enjoys her Weakest Link, me and the kids enjoy Dr Who and Torchwood, and I enjoy catching up with Rimmer and the rest from Red Dwarf and I was hoping that they might show Ashes to Ashes (sequel to Life on Mars) at some point!!

Guess that'll be me searching for a new satelitte system when I get home, and they can stuff their internet where the sun don't shine!!!

Wouldn't be so bad if Thialand didn't block Veoh.com. Used to use it for the wife to download her thai programs when we were in Scotland, had hoped to do the reverse for me and the kids here...but no!!

Just off to email the wife and tell her to cancel the True package, and I thought Inidan tv was bad!!!

If you want to download British TV programes from BBC, ITV and Sky log on and join (It's free) www.uknova.com You can find all the torrents to download from nearly every programe on British TV

Spooks

Judge John Deed

Silent Witness

Waking The Dead

Dr Who

Life On Mars

etc.

Bye-bye True. Hello P2P.

baught ashes to ashes when i was in the uk,dont bother its absolute c-ap compared to the real thing.

If you want to download British TV programes from BBC, ITV and Sky log on and join (It's free) www.uknova.com You can find all the torrents to download from nearly every programe on British TV

Thanks melbat, I must give them a try. At the moment I'm downloading all the series I can from TheBox.bz. I've got almost all I can think of, but TheBox keeps posting up new series which look interesting so I'm downloading them too.

One series that I've just started to like is "Afterlife", so I'll be getting series 1 & 2 from TheBox too.

I've got some invites for TheBox. Anyone interested should PM me and I'll tell you what I need in order to send you the invite. Also, I'll let you know when the invites are used up.

Thanks melbat, I must give them a try. At the moment I'm downloading all the series I can from TheBox.bz. I've got almost all I can think of, but TheBox keeps posting up new series which look interesting so I'm downloading them too.

One series that I've just started to like is "Afterlife", so I'll be getting series 1 & 2 from TheBox too.

I've got some invites for TheBox. Anyone interested should PM me and I'll tell you what I need in order to send you the invite. Also, I'll let you know when the invites are used up.

How does one get an invite? I dont undertsand what you mean by PM.

True are putting out an advert in Thai, its a little boy complaining that there is nothing but repeats on U.B.C to his grandad ,but then his grandad counters that this is good and what everyone wants as workers who work different hours can watch their favourite progs.

presumably they repeat them week after week for those who who just got back from hols/prison/rogering their mia noi up country ect.

True are putting out an advert in Thai, its a little boy complaining that there is nothing but repeats on U.B.C to his grandad ,but then his grandad counters that this is good and what everyone wants as workers who work different hours can watch their favourite progs.

presumably they repeat them week after week for those who who just got back from hols/prison/rogering their mia noi up country ect.

Yes, and the whole series that get repeated every three months are for those with short term memory loss.

BBC have deleted Thailand from their website.

Astonishing that there has been no response from True.

BBC has deleted Thailand from their website? Astonishing that True has not responded? What is astonishing is that you are even making this statement. Below is the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

Edited by Old Man River

Just noticed the new channels are up and running. NHL hockey as well !!!

Anyways have a question, i have true satellite and the STB is Humax IR-H100C. Now i just noticed i need pin code to access the box and re-organize channel locations. Anyone know what is the default pin ?

I am one of those guys who prefer to have all my sports next to each other. Not randomly dropped over the 100+ channels... :)

Edited by MJo