Vfr 400 Engine

I am no mechanic to start with.

For a little self-assurance and peace of mind I just put a new engine in my VFR 400.

I had a cooling problem so I took it to a mechanic. He found a leak in the rad and a leak coming from the engine. He took the engine out and took the engine heads apart, to find that it looked ok and said he could put it back together. But he said for assurance, if I was to keep the bike for a long time, drive far places, and bring it back to him regularly, that it would be all around better to have a new engine built and installed. This mechanic only does big bikes, primarly cbr/vfr 400s. So I agreed, and now I have an extra engine sitting around. The engine for sale, could not actually be faulted by the mechanic, besides it being an old 92 VFR engine, with who knows how many owners and what kind of treatment. My new one was simply claimed to be imported from Japan, been in thailand for a year, and has a claimed 20,000 kms. The one I'm selling, we have no idea about it's past. I bought the bike a month ago from a Thai man.

But it seemed ok when I was driving before hand, though I'm no expert, and can't be faulted aside from it's age and unknown history.

Right now I am in need of some extra cash and am willing to accept any offers, even very low. You can view the engine beforehand if you would like.

PM, or preferabley as my new apartment has no internet for my laptop, phone me.

My number is 085 997 1159

-Lenny