The Search For Quality Black Pudding In Pattaya

syd barrett

I am always on the search for quality (good tasting) Black Pudding in the Supermarkets of Pattaya/Jomtien and Naklua.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I prefer a 'Bury' style Black Pudding, but the ready sliced black pudding are acceptable, the emphasis for me would be on a quality pigs blood product with ample saturated white fat globules, over the more modern and PC 'added cereal mixture.'

Thanks for all feedback.

On tv, there is a man who runs a business called "The butcher", might be your best bet at buying fresh from him. You also have Friendship Supermarket, can't recall if they have black pudding though. The butcher I am almost quite certain he will stock the stuff. So watch the Pattaya News, or Pattaya TV channels, and you will see the commercial over the course of the day.

Wouldn't hurt to stop and ask a few of the guys that have brekkie joints in the area, such as Canterbury Tales, Robin's Nest, or even the Queen Vic on Soi6. I felt the same way about bacon when I stayed in Issan, managed to find a butcher at the market that cut me some super thick slices that made me happy. Try those places, as I am sure you will get an answer from one of them.

Award winning from the market in darlington -

I've had Yorkies and although nothing wrong - I simply can't remember it - but the Darlo sausage - quarter of a century on and I can still rember it well!

Might ry Bkk or Villa supermarket -they try out the odd line every now and then.

PS - have youtried West Indian black pudding???

This makes me think there must be a Thaia version, rather than the amorphous lumps of chicken blood in the noodles

Edited by TVmonitor

1/ simple simon---- soi 5 Jomtien

2/ KPK------- behind Carrefour on the new estate.

The KPK is very tasty and chopped too.they put a type of chopped pickled onion in and its lovely.

KPK beats the rest.....no contest...........I've tried em all..............

1/ simple simon---- soi 5 Jomtien

2/ KPK------- behind Carrefour on the new estate.

The KPK is very tasty and chopped too.they put a type of chopped pickled onion in and its lovely.

KPK beats the rest.....no contest...........I've tried em all..............

Thanks for the feedback. I will be going to visit KPK tomorrow for some Black Pudding and Sausage.

KPK------- behind Carrefour on the new estate.

I will be going to visit KPK tomorrow for some Black Pudding and Sausage.

Don't forget to give us your honest opinion..... Oh and some clear directions to KPK please! :)

KPK------- behind Carrefour on the new estate.

I will be going to visit KPK tomorrow for some Black Pudding and Sausage.

Don't forget to give us your honest opinion..... Oh and some clear directions to KPK please! :)

I will report back regarding the quality of produce I buy: Bacon, Sausages and Black Puddings. Please see the link below for a good map showing its location in Pattaya:

KPK Location Map in Pattaya

• 4 months later...

UPDATE: SEPT 15th 2009

In my constant search for quality black pudding I have this to report:

KPK foods business is up for sale, but anyway, meanwhile I have been buying the vacuum-shrink-wrapped 'Yorkies' black puddings from Pattaya supermarkets. Their quality, however, I feel, has been going down the pan. (Not the frying pan).

Can anyone offer an alternate vendor for quality black puddings?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks. :)

In my constant search for quality black pudding I have this to report:

KPK foods business is up for sale, but anyway, meanwhile I have been buying the vacuum-shrink-wrapped 'Yorkies' black puddings from Pattaya supermarkets. Their quality, however, I feel, has been going down the pan. (Not the frying pan).

Can anyone offer an alternate vendor for quality black puddings?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks. :)

Why dont you buy it direct from Yorkies Syd?

meanwhile I have been buying the vacuum-shrink-wrapped 'Yorkies' black puddings from Pattaya supermarkets. Their quality, however, I feel, has been going down the pan. (Not the frying pan).

meanwhile I have been buying the vacuum-shrink-wrapped 'Yorkies' black puddings from Pattaya supermarkets. Their quality, however, I feel, has been going down the pan. (Not the frying pan).

Why dont you buy it direct from Yorkies Syd?

As I said in my above post the Yorkies Black Pudding quality has deteriorated recently, so I am searching for a new supplier of Black Puddings. Thanks! :)

• 9 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2009 at 12:58 PM, NanLaew said:

There's scads of the stuff in my freezer along with Ayrshire bacon and Lorne sausage.

Eat yr heart out!

I have cured my own Bacon with cure from UK. and make my own Lorne sausage have done for years