New Born Baby Visa Info Please

Pappiklon

We recently had a baby daughter here in Thailand(6 week old now). I have a Non Imm B but don't work here, My Japanese Wife has a Non O, both were issued in the UK, We plan to be in Japan in July for about 7 days. I pick up the baby's UK passport tomorrow at the UK Embassy. I understand that until our baby leaves Thailand she can stay here without a visa, what I want to know is once we leave Thailand do we have to get a Non O for her too. My Japanese wife lived in the UK for 20 years before coming here. Past experience has been it's a nightmare trying to get a visa in Japan to come here, my wife tried before and they wanted all sorts of stuff like proof of no criminal record, proof of income etc etc just for a tourist visa, not having lived there for 20 years it made it too difficult to sort out, whereas in the UK it was relatively simple. My concern is that by leaving Thailand and going to Japan we will find ourselves in a situation where we can't get the same visa for our daughter as we have, we will return and get our 90 day stamps and she will have a 30 day tourist stamp meaning she has to do visa runs every month.

Does anyone have any information on this.

Thanks in advance, Papi

Yes, your child would need a visa of her own and Japan is indeed not the most friendlies place to get one. But you should be able to get one for her, as you both have already a visa.

If things comes to the worst and she doesn't get one, it is always nice to know that children don't get fined for overstay. So she could just come on a visa exempt entry. Some immigration officers will even advice you to just overstay and forget about doing border runs. I would advice you just to go to a neigbouring country and get a there visa for your daugter.

I understand you are on multiple non-B and O yourself. Can't you get extensions of stay for yourself? That would make it easier in the future.