Maxnet Blocking Gmail?

vahack

for the last couple days i cant load or tracert gmail from maxnet TT&T. anybody else having this problem??

luckily i have a backup TOT dsl line in the house too.

tracert below..

tracert mail.google.com

Tracing route to googlemail.l.google.com [72.14.247.18]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.

2 * * * Request timed out.

3 * * * Request timed out.

4 * * * Request timed out.

5 * * * Request timed out.

6 * * * Request timed out.

7 * * * Request timed out.

8 * * * Request timed out.

9 * * * Request timed out.

10 * * * Request timed out.

11 * * * Request timed out.

12 * * * Request timed out.

13 * * * Request timed out.

14 * * * Request timed out.

15 * * * Request timed out.

16 * * * Request timed out.

17 327 ms 325 ms 325 ms ag-in-f18.google.com [72.14.247.18]

Trace complete.

No problem here!

TT&T Maxnet Premier

Tracing route to googlemail.l.google.com [74.125.19.19]

1 6 ms 3 ms 3 ms 192.168.1.1

2 28 ms 28 ms 27 ms 124.157.232.1

5 33 ms 33 ms 33 ms 58.147.0.209

7 33 ms 33 ms 40 ms 58.147.0.90

8 30 ms 30 ms 39 ms 58.147.0.66

9 31 ms 30 ms 30 ms 218.100.47.246

10 31 ms 30 ms 30 ms 218.100.47.22

11 270 ms 270 ms 270 ms 218.100.47.6

12 271 ms 270 ms 271 ms 218.100.47.242

13 271 ms 272 ms 272 ms 216.239.43.14

14 300 ms 279 ms 275 ms 209.85.253.178

15 289 ms 288 ms 288 ms 209.85.251.94

16 287 ms 288 ms 285 ms 74.125.19.19

for the last couple days i cant load or tracert gmail from maxnet TT&T. anybody else having this problem??

luckily i have a backup TOT dsl line in the house too.

tracert below..

tracert mail.google.com

Tracing route to googlemail.l.google.com [72.14.247.18]

1 * * * Request timed out.

2 * * * Request timed out.

5 * * * Request timed out.

7 * * * Request timed out.

8 * * * Request timed out.

9 * * * Request timed out.

10 * * * Request timed out.

11 * * * Request timed out.

12 * * * Request timed out.

13 * * * Request timed out.

14 * * * Request timed out.

15 * * * Request timed out.

16 * * * Request timed out.

17 327 ms 325 ms 325 ms ag-in-f18.google.com [72.14.247.18]

Trace complete.

check if its you: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

hey cool opendns did the trick.

after updating my dns servers it still didnt work. tt&t must be blocking the domain locally in my town.

i used their "shortcut" feature to rename 'mail' as the gmail domain and it worked. so now it doesnt actually query gmail until after it bypasses the local routers.

at least i think thats why it worked lol

chrome doesnt like the shortcuts (keeps trying to load google) but at least i got mail running in FF. no more switching between my PCs :)

thanks guys.

Gmail seems ok on my Maxnet Indy

However Maxnet Indy seems to be taking some sort of action against using alternative DNS servers, OpenDNS for instance seems sporadically blocked

My experience too. Was using OpenDNS until about 10 days ago when Maxnet became just about unusable.

Switched back to 'automatic' and instantly service was usable again.

Oh yes, and no problems with Gmail.

Gmail seems ok on my Maxnet Indy

However Maxnet Indy seems to be taking some sort of action against using alternative DNS servers, OpenDNS for instance seems sporadically blocked

My experience too. Was using OpenDNS until about 10 days ago when Maxnet became just about unusable.

Switched back to 'automatic' and instantly service was usable again.

Oh yes, and no problems with Gmail.

you should raise this issue in the openDns community forum. I did that a few month ago with a similar issue and got a lot of support.

I trust they can give you assistance to check if a provider is blocking their DNS or not.

Same here with Maxnet. I have changed from Open DNS to solve the problem.

I am having exactly the same problems trying to use Gmail with Maxnet? I am a bit of a computing retardso I don't understand what you mean by the above. Can somebody please spell this out to me in easy steps so that I can access my emails, otherwise I'm buggered! Thanks

I wonder if TT&T have a large research department, whose job it is to find new ways to make customers' experiences more unpleasant, and to find innovative methods of rendering their service more useless.

To their credit, after 6 months of complaints, and Internet that worked 2-6 days a month, TT&T did finally reimburse me for some of the downtime. I'm now using Hutch EVDO -- which can be slow at times, but service is consistent (and it even works when I visit Koh Chang :)

See all the complaints here about Maxnet and Gmail. But cannot find any problems with my Maxnet and Gmail and tried because of those postings here many times.

Sure - I do not use opendns - for what???. I use the dns server of Maxnet and so far never had a problem with it. Perhaps the problem is just at certain areas/servers?

See all the complaints here about Maxnet and Gmail. But cannot find any problems with my Maxnet and Gmail and tried because of those postings here many times.

Sure - I do not use opendns - for what???. I use the dns server of Maxnet and so far never had a problem with it. Perhaps the problem is just at certain areas/servers?

You could be correct there.

I switched to OpenDNS a couple of months ago when Maxnet became very erratic.

It immediately became alot better.

Then a couple of weeks ago Maxnet became almost unusable using OpenDNS.

A switch back to Maxnet's own and it works fine(ish).

Something is going on but you try and get a straight answer.

You don't have to use one or the other you can use both.  Normally you see spot for two dns IP's if you click on advanced or what ever its called you can add more.  This also allows you to arrange the order in which they are used.   List the IP's for isp's dns first and then opendns as back up.  or the other way if you you think it works better for you.  It will use them in the order listed. 

I am unable to use Gmail on Maxnet as well.

Symptoms:

Sometimes I am able to log in and get to the inbox. That is as far as it gets. opening a message, or composing a new message does not work.

Tried using https, HTML and the old interface. same problem.

I have only arrived here 5 days ago, so I dont know when this started.

Three weeks ago I was here using the maxnet connection with gmail without problems.

It is CLEAR the problem comes from the Maxnet network.

- using different computers, laptops which work well elsewhere don't work on maxnet (gmail)

- used the default DNS settings as given out by the default router + the linksys replacement router = same pb

Everything else seems to work (be it slow but that is usual), its only gmail NOT working

My solution: I log on to a remote machine on another provider, and write/read my emails that way ... not convenient but at least I can answer my mails.

I did not try to call the helpdesk as we all know how frustrating it is to try to explain something there, and it will probably not help the problem being solved. --> I wait till they fix it. One day it will work again. I have hope.

Does anyone have a telephone number for anyone in a position of authority at Maxnet TT&T?

I have used the service for some months now and although not great it has been working. Recently (over the last three weeks) I have been accessing gmail tried to open my mail and been prevented with the system telling me Loading ....... Still trying .................. then Unable to reach gmail. Please check your Internet connection.

I am based in Buriram rang 1103 and made my complaint to the operator that answered and requested someone that spoke English. I also asked for the name of the Chief Executive of Maxnet but was given some woman called Ketkasat on mobile number 0898 441 1011I think that she is just a call centre manager.

I called her today and spoke to some called Yumarin and another one called Warunya who both claimed that they could speak English? Claimed being the operative word. They sounded like they had their heads in a bottle and could not understand what I was saying!

Their answer to me was 'you are long distance and too far away from the transmitter to receive a higher download speed'. When I explained that they were charging me for a 2mb service she said that 1mb was free and that I should have checked the small print which explains that they cannot guarantee the service if I am long distance. It was all my wifes fault - she should have explained it to me. Quite plainly she did not know her a**e from her elbow and knew absolutely nothing about customer service.

If anyone has a mobile number for someone in authority at head office or an email address can they put it online so that we can chase it through and get an answer to this.