Phuket Air Report

chanchao

I asked someone for his views on Phuket Air as they're now flying to several major cities in Europe direct, including London and Amsterdam. Sadly, it's pretty much what I was already afraid of.. Anyone else have different experiences flying them on long haul international flights?

-------

Afraid Phuket Air don't look like such a good buy....more a goodbye!

"Phuket Air...............Oh dear.................

Forget it................a pile of shit, only to be recommended for people with very elastic itinerarys.

First my flight from Bangkok-London got brought forward a day. Boring, lose one day of my trip. Extra expense of a hotel in London (and transport from and back to airport) 'cos I couldn't change my connecting flight.

Then out of the blue, Phuket Air in their infinite wisdom also decided to change my flight London-Bangkok, putting it back a day. Great , yet another trip from and back to airport and another London hotel, because of course my connecting flight to London can't be changed.

End result. With the hotels in London, 2 trips from the airport and back, cancelled flight in Thailand, cancelled hotel booking in Thailand not to mention 2 lost days that should have been spent on holiday and having to reorganise my trip, this cheap ticket is turning out very expensive.

In the long run it would have been cheaper to book an Economy Plus ticket direct from Scandinavia to Bangkok.................and that's expensive!

Phuket Air can only be recommended if you live very close to the airport and have a very elastic itinerary...........alot of patience would clearly also be advantageous.

Phuket Air..................I don't love you no more!"

bugger bugger bugger!!!!!!

Oh well never mind.................but what the ###### am I going to do in London?????

All of your quotes seem to be about the punctuality of Phuket air and I have read elsewhere and on this forum that if something goes wrong to delay a flight they do not have the resources to slot in a spare plane or anything else to help the situation, and you can be in in for a long wait, I have read somewhere 38hours on one occasion..

Having said that I flew out with them November 2004 no problems, on time, Ok flight for the money.

So really the big consideration is tied to their actual record of delays which at the moment seem to be pointing in the direction of paying a bit more for a more guaranteed departure.

I will certainly be factoring this into my equation next time I fly, for me Phuket would have to be a good GBP 50 cheaper than the quality opposition to be in the game and I'm a pauper.

My 23rd Dec flight was put back 24 hours and they put us up in the Hilton Gatwick, AND as I was meant to be working Xmas eve night, they gave me my lost earnings ( I had to show them the contract I had with the Conrad Hotel)

They have lost a lot of money I think...