Thais Do They Go To School To Learn How To Lie?

drappthailand

Why do Thas lie so much. About nothing too. My girlfriends mom would look me in the eye and lie about stuff like "I can get your rent price down, instead of giving the 7000 give me 4000. The landlord is a good friend of mine and went to school together. Ok no problem I say. 2 days later the landlord wants rent. I asked my girlfriend about this and it seems she doesn't care to stand up for me. If mom needs help all she has to do is ask. This went on many times (35000 US)until about 1 year later when I told all her neighbors, businesses and friends about this and that she is no good and a lier. SHE LOST FACE! She moved within a week to Surathani where she can start her lieing process over again. I would of eventually bought her a house but she decided to choose the wrong path, treating me her future wife a stupid farang. Her loss in the long run. She has never she was sorry and she really could less. Someone needs to write a book in Thai about how bad lieing is and how it can destroy someone's life. Now when she asks for money I say 3 words she understands very well GET A JOB!

I think the heading for this thread should read something like "Was she a liar - or Was the OP just doorknob stupid?".

Why do Thas lie so much. About nothing too. My girlfriends mom would look me in the eye and lie about stuff like "I can get your rent price down, instead of giving the 7000 give me 4000. The landlord is a good friend of mine and went to school together. Ok no problem I say. 2 days later the landlord wants rent. I asked my girlfriend about this and it seems she doesn't care to stand up for me. If mom needs help all she has to do is ask. This went on many times (35000 US)until about 1 year later when I told all her neighbors, businesses and friends about this and that she is no good and a lier. SHE LOST FACE! She moved within a week to Surathani where she can start her lieing process over again. I would of eventually bought her a house but she decided to choose the wrong path, treating me her future wife a stupid farang. Her loss in the long run. She has never she was sorry and she really could less. Someone needs to write a book in Thai about how bad lieing is and how it can destroy someone's life. Now when she asks for money I say 3 words she understands very well GET A JOB!

Title of OP is very offensive. Why do you use the word "Thai" in the title? Does it implies that other nations/races do not lie?

As if, Americans never lie? Indians never lie?

Grow up and see that people are same all over the world. NOT all Thais are liars, just as NOT all westerners are honest.

Think about tourists who come to Thailand and live a couple of weeks as king, spending hel_l lot of money and giving impressions to poor Isaan girls that they live like this all year round. What are they doing? Their (tourists) actions are deceptive and they are lying not by words, but by their actions. :)

Sorry Jingthing Mr. HIGH and mighty

I've been teaching in thailand for years now. I accept no money. I only teach poor children who don't even go to school. I also teach CRP and first aid for free about 3 times a week to schools. I use my own money to create posters on first aid/CPR training which are translated to Thai for them and give out to schools. I started this topic as a joke and of course I don't judge all Thais the same. I'm currently working building a playground near a police station near my home from donations. I teach random acks of kindness along with the "Pay it forward" to adult during my evenings.

So as I trying to do better for Thais you are most likely in Nana.