Criminal Records Check

In general there is no police check needed in order to obtain a WP but I recall that some posts on TV mentioend some time ago that it may be required for a Teachers' WP.

opalhort

If the OP is talking about a teacher's WP then he should ask on the specific forum (ajarn).

Could well be that WP is not the issue but the teacher's licence requires a police check.

opalhort

It is unclear why he needs the police check and precisely who is asking for it.

It might be because the embasy or consulate where he is applying for a non-B visa requires it for a teacher. Some still do.

I sincerley hoppe that a check is done before being a teacher,seems like madness not to have a check of the individual.

Sorry to say that it is not the case. Many countries just strat to require it for people working with children.

It is a requirement for working with Children, however the Criminal Record Check should be from the OP's home country.

It is a requirement for a Teachers License if my memory serves me right, and not for the WP, most schools (from Kindergarten to Secondary levels) and MofE require that a teacher has a License.

This is very worrying to think that very little checks are being done to stop fake teachers/pedos entering schools.

I will take this further and make some checks on this with thai and farang friends and try my best to stop these people.

A CRB check is not that expensive if there's a job at the end of it, cost UK £36 (2000 baht) but for those that may need one remember it takes 6 weeks or more to come through.

I have also been told if they see that you have been overseas then it take even longer as they check international databases.