Will

micky1965

can anyone help me pls im wanting to do a will in pattaya does anyone know of a good place to do this ?ive been to some lawyers but have been qouted 20,000 baht big joke . i aslo here that that a will should be free to do in the land of smiles can anyone help or put me right on that one . cheers

I paid 9,000 baht for a will in Thai and English. At Swiss Siam legal on Threppasit Rd. Not sure if this was a special price becaue I have done business there before or not, but I think it is the regular price.

You can write you own, but it has to be in your hand writing though and dose not have to be in Thai as long as it can be translated.

I have been looking for a good source of information on a DIY will for my Thai assets and as yet I just can not find enough info.

have a lot of experience with that subject....if the case is not very simple and basic, it pays to consult a pro.....swiss law at thepprasit swisslawnet.com are doing a fine job and are very fair priced. felix stoeckli is an experienced international lawyer and very helpful and works like a swiss watch.....

m.

I'm not sure if this is much help or not, but if you go to Google you can type in "Last will and testament" and there are lots of options. You can down load one of the templets and fill in the blanks. Then, add whatever else you might want. A simple will doesn't need to be complicated. It can be legal if it is only a simple written note on a sheet of paper, providing the note has been signed by the benefactor and witnessed by a legal authority.

It is my understanding in Canada that all you need is to have a notary public co-sign your will and it becomes legal. In Canada, even a licensed doctor can sign a will to make it legal. Notary public signings are inexpensive. I would imagine that would also be legal in other countries but I would make sure first by seeing someone in the justice department. A lawyer will ALWAYS recommend a more costly procedure. It is in his best interest to do so.

But, wills CAN become difficult when there is a lot of property and money involved. It also becomes more complicated when there are many heirs involved.

A will can be written without a lawyer being involved. It does not need to be handwritten. It should follow a format that can easily be found on many Google sites. If a typed format is used then two people need to witness your signature on the document. Not the content of the will but you signing the document.