Getting Wisdom Teeth Removal In Thailand.. Good/bad Idea?

mzqueenie

I had booked a flight last Christmas back to the UK, one of my upper Wisdom teeth had been hurting for quite a while, but i was scared and kept putting it off, i heard awful stories that i would have to go into hospital and have stitches ect ect...

Anyway, it got to the day before my flight, I was in agony. Went to a Dentist in Pattaya on Soi Nernplubwan.

The lady dentist quoted me 1.000 bt, so I agreed (crying in pain and fear) Before I knew anything she told me to go to pay, my black decayed Wisdom tooth was on the dish next to me when i turned to rinse. I didnt even know she had took it out.

That evening I ate Rice Water, and had no pain whatsoever. It healed up withing a couple of days and I was sure glad that i went now, the pain before was like an electric shock.

It was no problem at all for me and I won't be scared when I have to have my other one removed.

Good luck with yours.

For info a friend of mine from UK visits annually and always goes to Bangkok=Pattaya Hospital Dental Department. It can be Googled, it has a drop down menu and you can choose Dental Clinic.the email addy is.......... [email protected]

The only thing to advise, having spent many times in hospitals here in Thailand, please always get written estimates, what is covered etc., and / or alternatives for treatment. With regards to Dentist Shops at the side of the road, see if anyone can recomend one at any of the places you will be visiting.

Good luck......... :)

I'm considering whether I should get my wisdom teeth removed (4 of them, all impacted!) in Thailand in a hospital or dentist, from what I heard it is cheaper than getting it done where I'm currently at (Syd, Australia) which is over $2000 and waiting list. How much is it in Thailand and is it best recommended to get it removed there? (I'm going to Thailand in few weeks for about a month)

Thanks for any feedback

Going back 10 years, I had impacted wisdom teeth removed at the Vejthani hospital. This involved cutting into my gums and removing the teeth, which were below the surface, then stitching my gum together again. The cost was 8000 Baht, and the operation was done extremely well by the dental surgeon there. Such was my horror of dentists, I elected to have all four removed at the same time to get it over with, and I went to a nearby pharmacy and swallowed some valium and painkillers before going in.

The operation was painless, the wounds healed well and have given me no trouble since.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm considering whether I should get my wisdom teeth removed (4 of them, all impacted!) in Thailand in a hospital or dentist, from what I heard it is cheaper than getting it done where I'm currently at (Syd, Australia) which is over $2000 and waiting list. How much is it in Thailand and is it best recommended to get it removed there? (I'm going to Thailand in few weeks for about a month)

Thanks for any feedback

Going back 10 years, I had impacted wisdom teeth removed at the Vejthani hospital. This involved cutting into my gums and removing the teeth, which were below the surface, then stitching my gum together again. The cost was 8000 Baht, and the operation was done extremely well by the dental surgeon there. Such was my horror of dentists, I elected to have all four removed at the same time to get it over with, and I went to a nearby pharmacy and swallowed some valium and painkillers before going in.

The operation was painless, the wounds healed well and have given me no trouble since.

whoa, how did you manage to eat? I am sure it must of taken over a week for you to chew hard food again :)

• 1 month later...
All the wonderful members here who have replied with helpful tips and shared their stories about their experience with the wisdomness lol, I'll be in Thailand for 1 month (mainly I'll be in Nakhon Ratchasima (2 weeks), Pattaya and Bangkok) so anyone would recommend me best dentist surgeon/hospital? at affordable prices and quality, please do tell! This forum is helpful for me as it was for my trip to Thailand last year when I needed help a bit lol.

you can even make an appointment online:

http://www.bangkokhospital.com/eng/Bkk_Dental.aspx

overseas representatives:

GLOBAL

Hygeia Healthcare Co. Ltd.

Unit 2 C-D, 2nd Floor Suanplu Corner Building

39/13-16 Soi Suanplu Sathorn Road

Thungmahamek, Sathorn District

Bangkok 10120 Thailand

Tel : +66 26775662

Tel (From the UK) : (+44) 020 8133 8346

Tel (From Denmark) : (+45) 36953316

Tel (From USA) : (+1) (323) 319-5865

Fax : +66 26775663

Email : [email protected]

AUSTRALIA

MediTravel

Melanie Bawden

Tel : 0404 493 105, 08 87231284

E-mail : [email protected]

DENMARK

PIRO MediCare

Robert Kronberg, Chief Coordinator

1 Soi Soonvijai, Bangkok

Tel : +66 897 643 018

SWITZERLAND

Beauty & Wellness Services GmbH

Sihlboden 3

CH-8847 Egg SZ

Switzerland

Tel : +41 55 422 29 86

Fax : +41 55 422 33 37

UK

Healthcare-Holidays

Andrew M. Hutchings

Managing Director

offices in London, New York and Los Angeles

Tel : +66 38 374 202

E-mail :[email protected]

USA

International Medical Resources, LLC

885 Scott Blvd, Suite 4, Santa Clara, CA 95050

Fax : 1-408-842-1656

Cosmetic Surgery Travel LLC

Exclusive Medical Vacations

20701 N. Scottsdale Road

Suite 107-478

Scottsdale, Arizona 85255

Tel : (610) 688-3550

Fax : (270) 714-4252

Email : [email protected]

Thanks for any feedback

Definitely cheaper here. I had one removed in Bumrungrad and was in agony for 4 days, this does not necessarily reflect on the dentist though as I had to have part of my gum removed and several stitches at the back of my mouth, ouch.

I would suggest the dentist at Samitivej hospital on SriNakarin road, reasonable price and in my experience only performs work when it is actually needed, not like some others who are only too keen to get stuck in and stick you with the bill.