Two Days Sober Today

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for the suport guys.

I'll just try to keep it in the day.

I walked for miles and miles today with my son, it helped take my mind off the booze.

It's a hard one isn't it?

But I didn't drink today and that means everything to me.

I stopped drinking at 2.30 this morning for about the fifth time this year. But every day you don't drink is a day saved - an extra day of health in the future

SC

It takes a big man to realise and admit that he has a drink problem.....

It takes an even bigger man to actually do something about it.

It seems like you are a BIG man - keep it up. I'm sure that your son will love you more for the time you are giving him now.

Good for you and keep strong.

If you want a drink Take a look at your Son Do it for him and yourself

You CAN do it its not easy but I was in the same position two years ago

Now its no longer a problem I have only had One beer in the last 7 months and No Spirits

Keep it Up Mate Good Luck

Be strong Livinginexile. Stay focused. Remember why you made the decision (when you are doubting yourself), and you will stay the course. I wish you all of the strength of will and the courage to succeed in this opportunity (yes, it's an opportunity...) Good on you, stay strong - you will only get stronger.

jcon

I've been trying to get off the piss for 3 years and today I am 2 days sober.

Enough is enough, I choose life over a slow miserable death. That's what it's come down to for me.

Amazing how much better I feel after only 48 hours.

Go for it dude, take it one DAY at a time. Take some short walks, chat with a buddy or two, chew some gum or what ever WORKS for YOU. Sorry don't mean to preach to you, but I speak from the Heart I have lost to good buddies under the age of 55 to booze(piss) here in Thailand. By the way there is an AA hotline in the land of smiles>02 231 8300. There are meeting places in Bangkok, Isan and Pattaya for sure. Drop an update in a week or so let us know how goes it.

Edited by BigSnake

Thanx for the suport guys.

I'll just try to keep it in the day.

I walked for miles and miles today with my son, it helped take my mind off the booze.

It's a hard one isn't it?

But I didn't drink today and that means everything to me.

I was like that in depression. I used to walk miles to entertain myself and at the end of the journey I couldn't remember where I'd walked.

Don't give up, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It just takes time to get there.

Is it day 3 today Livinginexile ?

Please keep us informed every day and let us see the daily number rise steadily.

It will be 2 years ago next June 5th, that I kicked a 44 year heavy smoking habit... :)

Hi everyone.

I'm happy to report I'm 3 days sober today :D

This morning I woke up feeling like absolute shit and the first thing on my mind was booze.

I don't know if this is normal deto syptoms but I woke with this overwhelming sense of impending doom. The anxiety I am experiencing is awefull.

It's now 2pm and I just returned home from another long walk pushing my 3 year old son in his stroller.

The shaking is still there but physically I am feeling a lot better. I still can't eat though and my wife is constantly trying to feed me. Not eating in a Thai's mind is serious stuff :D

Guys, I am humbled by your words of encouragement and well wishes. Thank you all so much.

3 days. :)

Glad to here you are still resisting You just made me chuckle. I thought it was Only My wife who wants me to eat eat and eat.

If I say no thanks I am Ok. 5 mins later she will ask me again in fact every 5 mins until I say OK maybe a sandwich.

Keep on Trucking and walking. most of all Resisting. Its hard but it can be done 100%

Now I just need to get off the Ciggies

Go for it.

Well done BIGMAN.

I lived with my wife for 27 years and the last 5 she decided that drink was the most important thing in her life.She couldnt pack up after me spending 100,s of pounds to help her in detox units.we divorced after i couldnt stand to see her kill herself.

Its the most painful thing i have experienced,and i have told you this so you can think of what harm you will do to you wife and child if you carry on.This alone should see you thru.

good luck BIGMAN

Good luck to you, this is serious shit.

I realized I had a problem around July last year (after 30 years of beer drinking). I have attended AA meetings regurlarly - but now have lost the motivation. My liver is ok due to vitamin eating, but my brain is fukkkked up.

I am drinking beer from 6AM to 6PM and can not stop. I feel a big guilt towards my two children (not towards my wife - she is a bitttttttch).

Anyway - I have begun to think that there is only one option left: send my wife and children home and go into a detox center (the one for farang in Kanchanaburi is too expensive, but there are jail-like drug addict rehabilitation places that will admit you if you have hit rock bottom).

Stop by yourself - if you are able to ...

Well done BIGMAN.

I lived with my wife for 27 years and the last 5 she decided that drink was the most important thing in her life.She couldnt pack up after me spending 100,s of pounds to help her in detox units.we divorced after i couldnt stand to see her kill herself.

Its the most painful thing i have experienced,and i have told you this so you can think of what harm you will do to you wife and child if you carry on.This alone should see you thru.

good luck BIGMAN

Hi Patklang,

My wife has said the same thing. If I don't stop drinking she will take my son back to Thailand and live with her parents. She's at her wits end and has tried to help me all she can.

You know, after only 3 days the fog is begining to clear and I guess, because my nerves are on end I feel (amongst other things) intense shame and guilt about what a complete prick I've been over the past few years. Especially concerning my family.

She said the same thing, "I can't stand to see you slowly kill yourself"

I am determined this time, I have too much to loose.

Thank for telling me that mate. It all helps.

Good luck to you, this is serious shit.

I realized I had a problem around July last year (after 30 years of beer drinking). I have attended AA meetings regurlarly - but now have lost the motivation. My liver is ok due to vitamin eating, but my brain is fukkkked up.

I am drinking beer from 6AM to 6PM and can not stop. I feel a big guilt towards my two children (not towards my wife - she is a bitttttttch).

Anyway - I have begun to think that there is only one option left: send my wife and children home and go into a detox center (the one for farang in Kanchanaburi is too expensive, but there are jail-like drug addict rehabilitation places that will admit you if you have hit rock bottom).

Stop by yourself - if you are able to ...

Hi philo,

I know exactly where you are coming from. First thing in the morning you HAVE to have a drink just to kill the way we feel! If I don't it just gets progressively worst as the day progresses. How about waking up with no stash in the house because the night before you drank it all because for the thousandst time you told yourself "tomorrow I'm giving up". Anyway it's a good excuse to drink the lot and get shitfaced.

fuc_k that shit dude.

Me and the family live in Australia now and l have been trying to book into a detox for 2 weeks. I can't aford a private one and there is a waiting list for public.

I don't know what happened 3 days ago. I woke up with no beer again and was just watching the clock untill opening time. I watched my wife and son getting ready to go out and I just broke up. They went out and I just cracked up all over the place. I didn't go to the bottle shop!

One day gone and I decided to try to go another day, and now another. 3 days is a long time in my situation and now those 3 days are very preciuos.

It's really hard to do it on your own. If you can get to any kind of detox do it. I would definately gone if I could have got in.

Best of luck mate, PM me if you would like to stay in touch.

Be careful about withdraw from long term , heavy alcohol use. It can be dangerous and it sometimes doesn't hit real bad until several days after your last drink.

When you go into detox in a hospital setting, they usually put you on valium or similar to ease anxiety, help you sleep.. as well as vitamins, etc. If it starts to get bad, I would go to a doctor and explain the situation. They can give you stuff that gets you "over the hump"

been there

Chok Dii !

Keep going :)

My dad quit drinking when I was 10 years old and it was the best gift he ever gave me as a child. Getting my father back. :D

Now that is SWEET!! If this does not encourage anyone not much will.

4 days - well done

That's 4 BIG steps on the road to Jungwat "Take control of my own life"

Congrats.

Keep it up BIG man.

When you are feel you can try to go back to your local order a soft drink or water

(your mates should support you) if they dont they are not mates! have a couple when you go

out you will feel a great you can do it.

When you feel you have conquered it your next step is to go back to your local have a couple

of beers only! enjoy them and leave. You know you are in total control when you can have a

drink enjoy it and leave, it is hard but the only way to prove to your self that you are in total control

good luck you can do it