It Is Too Bad Posters Don't Know How To Be Polite

IanForbes

Phatcharanan wrote one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time in his parody on night life in Pattaya, but unfortunately the thread is now closed because a few people don't know how to be polite. There are many ways of getting your point across without being insulting, but that seems to be a problem with some people who seem to enjoy putting others down in their posts.

Phatcharanan wrote one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time in his parody on night life in Pattaya, but unfortunately the thread is now closed because a few people don't know how to be polite. There are many ways of getting your point across without being insulting, but that seems to be a problem with some people who seem to enjoy putting others down in their posts.

Agreed.

Where's Tropo these days by the way :)

I agree.

There are just a handful of very nasty characters posting in the 'Pattaya' forum. They know who they are. I won't mention names. One in particular has bombarded me with poisonous PM's.

<snip>

I really don't understand why such persons would want to join a peace-loving forum, where the aim is to want to swap experiences and advice without malice or the need to abuse innocent members.

I agree with most moderation issues but I think that warnings should be more frequent. Continued abuse should be met with warnings and suspension, then banning.

I am no angel myself. But rules are rules. I do think that some TV members have obvious personality disorders and/or psychiatric needs.

Edited by soundman
Removed un-necessary comment..

please feel free to use the report button if you see any abusive or flaming posts. The rules also apply to pm's so please report any abusive or threatening pm's to one of the moderating team. :)

Thanks! Truly one of my more inspired moments that I wished to share with you all.

I'm a giver.

Pattaya is what it is...........lurrrrrrve making and heart brrrrrreaking. :)

(I'm having the time of my life)

Being a long term expat the sad thing I find with forums is the ‘Snipers’ who I reckon must jerk themselves silly after bombarding a couple of posts with obscenities.

It’s a shame there’s no automatic ‘dump facility’ or a ‘trash can’ to put theses people into.

The same names crop up with such regularity not just on this forum but also others.

They rarely post but instead choose to snipe away with negative crap.

What’s the betting that very few of them live here.

Would it not be a good idea to have alongside our forum info like ‘senior member’ ‘number of posts’ etc to say whether we are expats or not.

It might go some way in putting an end to some of the ‘snipers’ or at best let us know how qualified they are in making their assumptions.

Does two ten day holidays in Thailand qualify you as an expert on Thai culchure and all thailand has to offer?

Stupid thread.

But Nice udders Girl.

Thankyou Plasticpig, if you look closely you can see my bright red lipstick.. muahhh !!!!

Pink nipples too....

Very rare sight in Pattaya...

:D:D:)

Saw some white nips last year, got flashed at a party, (Thank you very big).

Wife went off the deep end and stormed off home. (no sense of humor on the subject)

:D

Stupid thread.

But Nice udders Girl.

Thankyou Plasticpig, if you look closely you can see my bright red lipstick.. muahhh !!!!

Pink nipples too....

Very rare sight in Pattaya...

:D:D:)

The northern girls have pink nipples. :D

Being a long term expat the sad thing I find with forums is the 'Snipers' who I reckon must jerk themselves silly after bombarding a couple of posts with obscenities.

It's a shame there's no automatic 'dump facility' or a 'trash can' to put theses people into.

The same names crop up with such regularity not just on this forum but also others.

They rarely post but instead choose to snipe away with negative crap.

What's the betting that very few of them live here.

Would it not be a good idea to have alongside our forum info like 'senior member' 'number of posts' etc to say whether we are expats or not.

It might go some way in putting an end to some of the 'snipers' or at best let us know how qualified they are in making their assumptions.

Does two ten day holidays in Thailand qualify you as an expert on Thai culchure and all thailand has to offer?

Don’t think length of time in Thailand makes people anymore qualified than the two week holiday guy.

I know people over here for 10 years, they cant speck a word of Thai.

I know people over here who are still sitting in the same bar, for 10 years.

I know people over here that are still spouting the same derogatory things about Thaïs all day long.

I know people over here who still spouting the same Bs about owning land and houses in Thailand.

I know people over here who still think its 5 baht for a baht buss ride. Even though they don’t use the service.

I know people who still say Singer beers; alcohol content is different some times.

I know people who still say you cant have a car/motor cycle in your own name.

Just to mention a few,

These guys are all still saying the same stuff 10 years latter.

Just a thought.

Please fill free to add to the above list.

Have a nice day.

Yep, some bad apples can be found among us and sometime they use their :D:D "bad mouth" :)

I do think that some TV members have obvious personality disorders and/or psychiatric needs.

There is another forum that panders directly to these types, however, they seem to spend most of their time on Thai Visa under a variety of different nicks. :)

I agree.

There are just a handful of very nasty characters posting in the 'Pattaya' forum. They know who they are. I won't mention names. One in particular has bombarded me with poisonous PM's.

<snip>

I really don't understand why such persons would want to join a peace-loving forum, where the aim is to want to swap experiences and advice without malice or the need to abuse innocent members.

I agree with most moderation issues but I think that warnings should be more frequent. Continued abuse should be met with warnings and suspension, then banning.

I am no angel myself. But rules are rules. I do think that some TV members have obvious personality disorders and/or psychiatric needs.

VERY well said Syd, Agreed 100%.

Some forum netiquette guidelines.

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

4. Please do not post the same thing across multiple forums. Such posts will be deleted and only one post allowed to remain

5. Please do not quote multiple nested quotes. Quote only the relevant section that you are discussing. Moderators will snip excessively long nested quotes.

6. Please do not abuse the report function by multiple reports of the same thing, or by using it to score points against another member.

7. Please do not post off-topic responses in an attempt to hijack the thread. Such posts will be deleted.

9. Please do not respond to insults with more insults but rather use the report button to report inflammatory posts.

"Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya".

Hmm. Wonder if this fellow is indicative of the visitors to Pattaya then .......... :)

English Tourist loses cash and other valuables following rendezvous with transsexual at North Pattaya Motel.

....Mr. Daniel XXXXX aged 20 picked-up the transsexual on Walking Street and went to a nearby Motel for a few hours. He was offered a drink by the suspected thief and soon passed out. He woke up some hours later and realized that the transsexual had stolen a wrist watch some cash, a mobile phone and the victim’s passport............... (Source Pattaya One News)

Wait until he opens his mouth to brag about all the "birds" he nailed in Thailand and someone at the pub says, hey Danny boy is this you and pulls out the printout of the story with his picture and name prominently featured.

I do think that some TV members have obvious personality disorders and/or psychiatric needs.

Ya think? :D:D

Were you tipped off by the loony conspiracy theories, or is it the obsession with "colonic irrigation" as the cureall to the world's ailments?

Is there a link, even though the topic is closed? Would love to read it. I did a search but it did not turn up anything.

Is there a link, even though the topic is closed? Would love to read it. I did a search but it did not turn up anything.

Here's the post:

Mr. Brasso,

I like what you say here on forum. I know you say for real and is obvious you are expert on Pattaya so you must excuse all dead-beats on here.

I think you wrong about all bargirls are for sale sex.

I have often go Walking Street and soi 7 etc. This is about 6pm-7pm so because is early I know they not drunk. I have many girl call me handsome and I think that must be true, but I am too shy to acknowledge this.

I think because I dress nice in top brand Armani T-shirt, nice shorts with crease on front (and back and sides sometimes) and have good quality flippy-floppy I always have many beautiful girls like come talk to me as soon as I sit down. (I think they know good man when they see one).

I like talk to them about home, their aspirations for the future, family life in quaint old village, world politics and micro-economics. They are ALWAYS interested, I not joking. These girls understand intelligence. (There was one time when a girl close her eyes and slide off bar-stool but when she get up from floor she explain she sick.......she get better fast though after I buy Vodka)

I know many girl like dancing here, I think is culture thing they dance with pole...............maybe some ancient rite from village stick I think.

Often I wonder about small clothes but they explain is very hot here and they not want have sweat on body so they always smell good. I understand this. I not stupid.

I do not like to boast but often I take a girl home after only talking for maybe 20 minutes. (I have secret conversation that make them interest in me.....but I cannot say what it is because then you know how to do) :)

I have NEVER had pay for have sex. They want to do because I handsome and have secret conversation. ( I tell them they beautiful and they always giggle and say thank you.......no man ever say before. :D ) See? Is easy !

I always offer to give money for taxi in morning. (Its polite). I think many of the girls I meet must come from same village far away because taxi money is near always 1000 baht. But is no problem.

I think another thing you miss say Mr. Brasso is how Pattaya have many exotic food here. I often eat at Caddyshack, Pig & Whistle and KFC. (Well, normal KFC not exotic but I eat Zinger version so is spicy..............same real Thai food. !

I like Pattaya very much. I think soon I will marry a girl here and take good care her. (Often I naughty and have many girls but I will never say to girl I like.............it is my secret. :D

I think what many dead-beat here forget is that pattaya have many historical buildings. (That means old). Last night I saw place called "Dolls House". It has been here a very long time and many people go inside to look.

I think some dead-beats say Pattaya have golf course? Wow. I here 5 year now and I never know. See? Learning something new Pattaya every day.

is exciting. :D

And here's the link: HERE

Not that hard to find :D