Ocean 1

KhunTao

I have not heard anything for months in respect of this project, nor have I read anything in the newspapers. That seems odd given the relevance of his project for the Jomtien/Pattaya region.

What´s the latest, good or bad ? Construction or no construction ?

I have not heard anything for months in respect of this project, nor have I read anything in the newspapers. That seems odd given the relevance of his project for the Jomtien/Pattaya region.

What´s the latest, good or bad ? Construction or no construction ?

Here we go again. First one since April

On going adverts in the Russian sections of the local unreal estate magazine for the tower.

At the risk of being flamed I was informed by someone inside one of the companies that are involved in the tower that, and here I quote ' Looks like we shall be starting the tower next month' Make of it that what you will.

Edited by Rimmer

When did they say this? 2006?

Sorry, not a flame. Indeed they do seem to be continually sending out the message that they will be "starting soon." As a result they continue to sell the occasional unit.

If they are planning to start, their PR is woeful; the "latest news" on their website is a year old. If they are starting, I wonder where the funds are going to come from....

Of course they have money. the car leases are over 800,000 a month. Men throwing that kind of money around must be very rich. Of course, where the rich came from is another question.

And, if we discuss that aspect in any depth, this thread will be pulled immediately

Havnt seen one of the devolopers driving around in his fancy black bentley for a while,last i heard of him was when he was complaining to city hall about the buss that crashed near the hanaman statue

Maybe that is because it isn't black.Talk about things you know.

Havnt seen one of the devolopers driving around in his fancy black bentley for a while,last i heard of him was when he was complaining to city hall about the buss that crashed near the hanaman statue

Maybe that is because it isn't black.Talk about things you know.

As I understand it there are two partners, I think we all know one drives a red car but not sure about the other.

Anyway if one or other partner was up City Hall making a fuss about the bus that crashed outside their office, I would have loved to have been their 5 weeks ago when they smashed up the frontage outside the office :)

On going adverts in the Russian sections of the local unreal estate magazine for the tower.

At the risk of being flamed I was informed by someone inside one of the companies that are involved in the tower that, and here I quote ' Looks like we shall be starting the tower next month' Make of it that what you will.

Last October, an Australian guy I know in Jomtien was assuring me Ocean 1 would be started before the end of the year. How did he know that? He had been drinking in a bar the night before and talking to some Scandinavian guy who had invested in 3 or 4 units in Ocean 1. He had met with the 'bosses' and they had assured him that all was well and construction would start before January 2009. Who's the bigger fool, the Scandinavian for believing this nonsense, or my Australian friend for believing the Scandinavian? With construction projects grinding to a halt all over Thailand, Western economies trashed, and tourism almost dried up here, I wonder at the sanity of anybody who believes there is a snowball's chance in Hades of Ocean 1 starting any time soon, if ever.

i don't disagree with any of the sceptical posts here, but someone must be around to pay for the ongoing adverts i see sprinkled in different publications !

Adverts could be paid six moths or a year in advnce - or the various magazines can't be bothered to change their print order.

Maybe that is because it isn't black.Talk about things you know."definetly is black,2 owners is correct.Your another know it all are you lol

Indeed 2 owners.One of them drives a red Ferrari and the other one Mr M. a silver grey Bentley. :)