Border Hop Question

I am an American with a Non-Immigrant type "B" multiple entry visa issued on Jan 13, 2009 and entered Thailand April 6, 2009. My question is: If I don't get my work permit in time, do I need to go over the border and come back (Border Hop) ON exactly 90 days since I entered the country? Or can I do a border hop a week before the 90 day deadline?

Thanks in Advance

I am an American with a Non-Immigrant type "B" multiple entry visa issued on Jan 13, 2009 and entered Thailand April 6, 2009. My question is: If I don't get my work permit in time, do I need to go over the border and come back (Border Hop) ON exactly 90 days since I entered the country? Or can I do a border hop a week before the 90 day deadline?

Thanks in Advance

I forgot to ask earlier, I read somewhere that if you leave the country before the expiration date, my visa will be canceled. So, if I do a border hop, will I have to fill out a re-entry form and/or any other form at the Thai Immigration office before I exit Thailand to do my border hop? I am residing now in Ban Phaeng, Nakhon Phanom, can I do a border hop at Nakhon Phanom via Thakhaek, Laos?

Thanks Again In Advance

I forgot to ask earlier, I read somewhere that if you leave the country before the expiration date, my visa will be canceled. So, if I do a border hop, will I have to fill out a re-entry form and/or any other form at the Thai Immigration office before I exit Thailand to do my border hop? I am residing now in Ban Phaeng, Nakhon Phanom, can I do a border hop at Nakhon Phanom via Thakhaek, Laos?

If you have a multi-entry visa (from a consulate or embassy overseas) it is just that, multi-entry, you can come and go as often as you like when you like until the 'must enter before' date and you will receive a 90 day stamp each time even if you enter on the day before the enter before date (which allows you to squeeze nearly 15 months out of a '1 year' visa).

You do NOT need a re-entry permit, this is for people on extensions of stay which ARE canceled if you leave the country.

If you have a multi-entry visa (from a consulate or embassy overseas) it is just that, multi-entry, you can come and go as often as you like when you like until the 'must enter before' date and you will receive a 90 day stamp each time even if you enter on the day before the enter before date (which allows you to squeeze nearly 15 months out of a '1 year' visa).

You do NOT need a re-entry permit, this is for people on extensions of stay which ARE canceled if you leave the country.

Thanks for the added Information. This helps me out alot