Plastic Furniture Used Outside Looking Shabby After A Few Years

keestha

In my resort I have a lot of plastic chairs and tables, they are outside on the porches of the bungalows, where they don't always stay dry of course.

Now after 4 years they are looking quite shabby: lots of dark spots on them, that seem impossible to remove. It might also have to do with the fact that I am close to the beach. I guess you cant paint plastic furniture, but would there be some other way to touch it up a bit?

If it has mold type of spots Throw them out. I refinished 2 nice lounge chairs with flexible Auto primer & Auto Paint From a paint gun & the dam_n chairs are either from China or here . Worthless. 4 years is pretty good Buy new is the best advice I can give you. Once the plastic is compromised ditch it!

• 2 months later...

Mix 3/4 cup household bleach and 1 tablespoon powdered or liquid laundry detergent with 1 gallon warm water. (Test the solution on a hidden area to be sure plastic will not discolor.) Wear rubber gloves, and wash chairs with a soft-bristled brush or sponge. Work on one small area at a time. Allow the mixture to remain on the chair for five to 15 minutes, then rinse well. :)