Would Like To Relate A Positive Story From Thailand

Theyreallrubbish

The wife always tells me never to stop to help anybody and keep the doors locked at all times ,at night don't stop stop at the traffic lights even if they are at red if there are no shops or perol stations near by thats from a thai.

I'd say your 'Thai' has issues. If you're so shit scared that you can't help a person in need, then you're really in the wrong place.

Maybe I should have quoted her story to back up her reluctance.My wife,before I met her was travelling with her friend who was driving came across a supposed accident thai person on the road with motor bike laying next to them,they got out to help when an accomplice appeared from the side of the road and shot her friend in the back,luckily it ricochet off her scapula with no serious injury,they made off with her friends car,never were caught so I think your quite right with your post.With 2 kids frequently in the car I'll follow my wifes advice.

This is one of the more shocking threads I've seen on TV. I've always thought my plane must land in a different country than most other posters on this forum, but here I see I'm not alone.

Sure I've had a taxi driver rip me off by taking the long way and things like that, but the vast majority of my experience in Thailand is positive. Otherwise I'd just find another country to visit.

Great post. Also to the OP and others like Drew etc, well said.

For some professional whingers, wherever you go in this world, there YOU are... (common denominator is?)

From my 12 year experience here, too many 'good turns' by Thai's to list but suffice to say I love Thailand, the vast majority of Thai's are lovely decent people and I wouldn't care to live anywhere else.

Yah gotta love Thailand. Where else can you get taken out for supper complete with a fine bottle of wine, have drinks bought for you all night and then get taken home and made love to all night long?

It didn't happen to me, but it did happen to my sister. :):D:D

So nice to read some positive experiences for a change.

My experiences run along similar lines.

1. Lost my wallet in the city and decided to walk home. Tuktuk driver stopped and insisted on taking me back to my village even though I explained I didn't have any money at home either!

2. Had a puncture on the superhighway but no money. Pushed it to a local village where they fixed the puncture, then let me drive the bike to an ATM and return with the money.

3. Stopped at a shop to buy chillies but they had sold out. A local women took me to her house, gave me a cold drink and picked some chiilies out of her garden to give to me.

I come from London where people generally wouldn't give you the steam off their p*ss!

Now I can't imagine living anywhere else in the world...

MCL

Hey Jungian, very interested in your good samariten BMW story.

Just like to say, that if you see an old red, Volvo 460 at the side of the road, with a much older, disconsolate looking farang pacing around it, please stop.

This makes me happy. So many good experiences here. It reminds me of the hundreds of similar experiences I've had in Thailand. Everyone should enjoy the people where ever they are living. :)

dam_n, Jungian, that IS a great story! Being a good Samaritin seems to be catching. There is nothing I get more pleasure from today than helping others. I do it for purely selfish reasons that it makes ME feel good. Even the good book said... As you give so shall you receive.

Amen to that, Brother. It should make you feel good about yourself, and it's not selfish. You can only improve the situation. However, you should always be careful. Unfortunately, not everyone is interested in doing the right thing but that shouldn't stop you from trying to.

Over the past 20 years of coming to Thailand on holiday, I can honestly say that I have only had positive experiences here. People have helped me out with minor problems on several occasions. Like in any country of the world I have been, if I can do good and help someone out, I will and I have. What goes around comes around.