Best Peanut Butter Restaurant?

Rasseru

Uhm, I'm confused. We are not talking about actual peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, are we? Because I really like peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches, the real ones...I'm fat leave me alone. So is this code? If it is a code, use something that won't attract fat people to this post...

Yes, we ARE talking about peanut butter sandwiches... the real ones. I just made the original post to poke some light hearted fun at all the culinary discussions on this forum. If there is some secret code in someone else's reply I am not aware of it. I never thought it would get to 4 pages of comments. There is nothing so simple as PB sandwich... but as Ulysses points out, it is nutritious but somewhat fattening. But, it makes a good meal if you are in a hurry or on the run. It helps me combat hypoglycemia when on a one day hunting or fishing trip.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, we ARE talking about peanut butter sandwiches... the real ones. I just made the original post to poke some light hearted fun at all the culinary discussions on this forum. If there is some secret code in someone else's reply I am not aware of it.

Good save Ian.. you suppose he bought it? :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Ajarn, maybe we were what LBJ addressed as 'mah fellow Ah-murricans.' Brits seem to call jelled fruit 'jam' and reserve 'jelly' for Jello.

I would add the exception that jam made with oranges is called marmalade, in the land of the over-taxed and under-free, this also applies to other citrus-fruits such as lemons or limes or grapefruit or combinations thereof. :)

And 'jelly' is based upon 'gelatine', to make the (mainly for children) stuff 'set', which can also sometimes be found in inferior-quality jams & marmalades, which have lower levels of 'real' fruit.

Note to Self : I really must get out more ... I'll go get my rain-coat ! :D

I much prefer jam with pieces of real fruit in it. That would be worth a poll to see if others agree. :)

I agree. I've made a lot of jam from wild blackberries, raspberries, loganberries and strawberries, and I know what goes into it. Clean the berries and add a medium syrup made from 3 cups of sugar and 4 cups of water. Then just boil it for a 15 to 20 minutes until it thickens. The cheap jams are filled with fillers like Jello and very little fruit. The good jams have mostly fruit with just enough sugar to increase the flavour and sweeten the occasional sour berry. The commercial jams usually add a preservative so they don't grown mouldy too quickly. Grape jelly is popular but you seldom see grape jam because there isn't much to a grape other than gelatin.

Jif is a US brand of peanut butter?

Australasiawww.unilever.com

Unilever Australasia - JIF Cream

Everyone knows real life is dirty. And there's no point in pretending it's easily taken care of – it has to be cleaned. Jif cleaner deals with even the toughest dirt without harsh scratching. :)

http://www.unilever.com.au/Images/jif-75x75_tcm72-86782.jpg

http://www.unilever.com.au/Images/Jif-Lemo...tcm72-86781.jpg

Edited by WaiWai