Way Too Much Free Time Topic

heybruce

In my occasional checks of ThaiVisa to see if I can find or offer useful information, I get the distinct impression some people have way too much free time. I'd expand on this, but I have things to do. :)

A very interesting observation, heybruce. I am looking forward to hearing your further thoughts on it. I am possibly at an early stage of development, but for me somehow 'too much' simply does not and cannot apply to 'free time'.

In my occasional checks of ThaiVisa to see if I can find or offer useful information, I get the distinct impression some people have way too much free time. I'd expand on this, but I have things to do. :)

That is true... to a certain extent. But, it is no less wasting time than sitting in a coffee shop with friends, or watching television. I'm a bit of a hermit when I'm home at the computer writing, so it's like having a phone conversation with multiple friends from far off places.

Let me see if I got this..

You had enough 'free time' to read sufficient posts on TV to determine that others have too much free time but you did not have enough time to add a descriptive line in your topic so others would not waste so much of their time looking to see what you were on about in this ridiculous topic, right?

The cool thing about that second line offering is that folks like you and I who have a life, can easily skip the foolishness of judgmental topics...

Why would this topic turn nasty?

Because it has turned into a topic about food. You wouldn't believe the nasty goons out there who wait to descend on any topic about food, disrupt it and, if they get their way, have it throttled.

Edited by Rasseru

I don't know what the OP means? Is he suggesting that some people on here tend to rabmble? I'm not really sure that's the case... although on the other hand some of the older gentlemen do go on a bit; I mean, sometimes they seem to be typing and typing and saying absolutely nothing. You would have to have lots of spare time to do that. I'm glad I haven' got the time to ramble like that, although if I did I suppose I might find myself reading "new posts" on Thai Visa endlessly and contributing to inane threads about food... or timewasting.... I really do hope I never get like that, it must be so demoralising for the sad old gits. I don't mean to go on, but it is important to recognise the insignificance of some people's lives. Happily I am far too busy to type inane rubbish, although i must just say that i have been accused of going on a bit in the past. Personally I think it is just jealousy of my advanced intelect and ability to discuss all sides of an issue to produce a well balanced and considered argument. I don't know, not everybody sees this in the same way. For instance, I once had a friend (really I did) who used to go on a bit. He'd not actually be repeating himself, just talking and taking with no real substance. It got so annoying going out anywhere together, both taking it in turns to talk the other one to sleep - really quite embarassing sleeping in bars...

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter; for now...

STALKING posts removed - serious rule violation

Ah, no fun, PeaceBlondie. How else are we going to catch our prey if we are not allowed to stalk them. I mean I was just sneeking up on orang37 in hopes of stealing his banana when you say that is a no-no. :)

I'm knitting a pair of socks from belly button lint.

Been there, done that. Am now deeply engrossed in email conversations with all those kindly souls that have sent me offers for penis enlargement contraptions. Gotta go, here comes another email...and another.

Busy, busy.

with mustard then....raspberry preserves :D

No time for the original post but that is a seriously good looking sandwich :D

Whats going on with the bread?mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D:D

Looks like it may come from, dare I say it :) the Duke's...

/ Priceless

I'm glad I started this topic, there have been some insightful replies. I especially liked JimShortz's focused and concise commentary. I thought of starting a "Best velveeta on white bread" post, but didn't want to start a flame war between the mustard and mayo factions.